Sign in to follow this  
delta9857

Editing/Changing Helicopter's engine sounds?

Hi everyone, would it be at all possible to modify the existing sounds of the helicopter's engines (particularly the light heli) by editing the sound files? Mainly I just want to lower the volume of the 'ticking' sound that is heard when the starter button is pressed and maybe also cut it out completely when fuel is introduced. Does anyone know how I would go about doing this (if it's even possible to begin with)?

Cheers

Hi, if it's the volume, it would be more feasible to create a configuration mod and lower the volume there. Our community WiKi is a starting point for documentation, but another community member might be able to help you out with a mod template quicker.

Thanks for the quick reply DnA! I'll have a look at the wiki and see what I can figure out :)

EDIT: Would it be possible to create an addon that replaces the actual startup sounds? I have a few sound files from a real MD500 that I would like to use if possible.

Edited by delta9857

Yes, technically the game allows you to fully mod the audio configuration and source samples. But the sound engine is getting quite complex and needs a fair bit of tuning to get it sounding right for the various components, RPMs, etc. Replacing samples could get you somewhere, but it may not be good enough.

Hmmm I thought that might be the case. Anyway, thanks for your help, I'll have a bit of a poke around and see what I can find out.