Sign in to follow this  
bullet purveyor

New Arma title revealed at CES? Arma Tactics?

Well ArmA is a brand name now. For better or worse.

It's not about a spinoff being a problem. It's about how they will do it. If it will be just as primitive as XCom in its gameplay (especially the new one where "gameplay" is about placing soldiers in silly cover that always faces the enemy positions and popping them turn-based Gears of War style) - it will be a major pity.

But if it's more like JA2 where it involves real tactics with stances, proper LOS, good wounding system that isn't just 1 shot deaths, weapons that you can mod with attachments etc. - then I will happily play it.

Although I'm pretty sure it's being made by Altar Games on their UFO engine and tbh I'm not exactly impressed by that series.

Well depends,CCGM and ToH are pretty dead(CCGM even faster than ToH).Seems like they're still too small to give the proper attention to multiple products like we're used with the Arma series.

Not at all surprising, CCGM was an obvious one, TOH without apaches and havocs was also doomed, I bought it just for the additional scripting options. People like to shoot at stuff, it's why most of us are here. An apache with realistic monacle, avionics and weapons combined with Arma worlds is what I have been waiting for all my life - mando missiles got it halfway there so what was the problem? All the flight sims lack realistic terrain (I don't mind having it smaller) so I thought TOH would be something great. In the end it just didn't tick enough boxes for everyone. (Don't mention Hinds to me pls).

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

I for one am really looking forward to ArmA Tactics. This picture, in particular:

arma_tactic_205_4smaller.jpg

reminds me a lot of Full Spectrum Warrior, which although limited in scope, had some really nice features and the squad formation and stacking on doors and corners etc was excellent.

If we could get a combination of FSW and Jagged Alliance I'd be really happy. If it'd run on my android tegra tablet I'd be even happier - at least that way I'd finally have something decent to play on it.

Well ArmA is a brand name now. For better or worse.

But if it's more like JA2 where it involves real tactics with stances, proper LOS, good wounding system that isn't just 1 shot deaths, weapons that you can mod with attachments etc. - then I will happily play it.

Same here. I'm actually rather excited. If they can pull it off we might just have a nice blend between tactics, strategy and close combat fighting with realistic wounding/movement etc. I really do hope so.

+ two new screens

+ some new info

Is there any chance of some MP/PvP modes?

Yes, definitely. The game will, however, come out as single player only at first, with MP update following as soon as possible after that - we are going to need a bit more time to make sure that MP is balanced and fun to play.

Is there any chance of some MP/PvP modes?

Yes, definitely. The game will, however, come out as single player only at first, with MP update following as soon as possible after that - we are going to need a bit more time to make sure that MP is balanced and fun to play.

Sounds familiar.

I am interested, but only if it comes to PC. Seems cool, but I don't want that Nvidia handheld thing

Def interested in it if they bring it to other Android phones, Samsung GS3, or PS Vita

Well I think Arma should be put on the PS vita because it would be a terrific title that everyone would probably buy