Sign in to follow this  
abs

Adobe is offering many of their CS2 software for FREE for PC and Mac.

Adobe is offering much of its CS2 suite for free.

Log in here using your Adobe ID: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=cs2_downloads&pid=4485850

I'm not sure how long this offer will go for (hopefully indefinitely! :)), but the following are all available:

• Creative Suite 2 - Win/Mac
  • Acrobat 3D 1.0 - Win
  • Acrobat Standard 7.0 - Win/Mac
  • Acrobat Pro 8.0 - Win/Mac
  • Audition 3.0 - Win
  • GoLive CS2 - Win/Mac
  • Illustrator CS2 - Win/Mac
  • InCopy CS2 - Win/Mac
  • InDesign CS2 - Win/Mac
  • Photoshop CS2 - Win/Mac
  • Photoshop Elements 4.0/5.0 - Win/Mac
  • Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 - Win

Abs

I'm not sure how long this offer will go for
Site Area Temporarily Unavailable

Less than two hours :p

I had decent speeds at 3 pm, but I guess that was before everyone knew :D

Would PS CS2 be worth getting if I have GIMP?

quite a smart and bold move for adobe. All i can say is: nicely done there. AFAIK, CS2 is only available in 32bit btw (works on both 64 and 32 bit system no porblems)

for those actually willing to use commercially CS6 (especially for 64bit illustrator work), i found it suits my needs pretty fucking well: Creative Cloud and for 50$ a pop is a damn good deal for most offices out there.

@Slatts: yes

Adobe is offering much of its CS2 suite for free.

ArmAmazing! *downloading* :hyper:

I managed to grab the PS CS2 before the site is down... I was wondering if the Creative Suite includes Flash in it? I looked at the Creative Suite 6, the basic/standard one dont have flash, but the Premium one have...

Does anyone know?

In addition to Mr_Centipede's request, does anyone know if Dreamweaver is available or not? I'm not really expecting it to be but I thought I would ask.

Downloads are back up now. Not seeing any Fireworks or Dreamweaver though. I wouldn't think it would be in CS2 now that I think about it. It always did seem to be in its own package.

Do any of you know if this actually works? I see some conflicting reports from different websites now saying that you need an actual activation key / serial number for it to work.

I'm not sure if this is actually what we thought it was.

From someone associated with Adobe:

However, please note that you are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you already have a valid license to the product!
Edited by Jakerod

Would PS CS2 be worth getting if I have GIMP?

That depends entirely on the user.The tools will only get a person so far.

I'm not having a go at any of adobe's products.They're considered industry

standard for a reason.

---------- Post added at 05:46 ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 ----------

Dov Isaacs wrote:

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

A bit of a balls up apparently. :)

It seems it was intended as a courtesy to users reinstalling old copies of Cs2.

Edited by Macser

You need to login using your adobe account... then at the page there's serial keys on the left of the table. the right side of the table is the softwares

You need to login using your adobe account... then at the page there's serial keys on the left of the table. the right side of the table is the softwares

No login here, I can load the page without it.

false joy friends,

there is clarification it is NOT free , on many forums people were happy but facts are different, if someone downloaded and installed it, it is the same as it would be torrent one

No it isn´t. It´s totaly legal if they themselves put the serial next to the downloadbutton.

Seems to be lagit

PS installed on one computer already.

Thanks for the heads-up Abs

Edit

Oh, I see the "debate" about who's meant to use it ..... wow. Did a well season company like Adobe switch off its brain when they came up with the "how to deal with removing server support" or is it just a cunning marketing play ..... :confused:

Edited by [APS]Gnat

maybe marketing play too or simply mistake by server keeping, this or other reason, effect is one, those who thought it is legal are mistaken (shame cause it acts like internet shop who gave low price and later say "but... paragraph x says that..."

Nice to know they give out free old programs as well :D won't need anything else than photoshop but even tho I use paint.net for everything xd

It's not free - you are supposed to already have a licence, so just downloading it and installing it is not legal, just possible. Are they going to chase all those that downloaded now? Aslo it's not designed for Windows 7/8 - could cause probems?

UPDATE, 2:40 p.m. PT: There has been clarification since this story broke. Adobe has not released the CS2 software for free. Instead, it has cancelled its CS2 license management servers, so for those with existing licenses it is now offering downloads that do not require contact with the licensing servers. This service is only going to be available for those with existing Adobe CS2 licenses, which will be verified when creating the Adobe account to download the software.

Adobe's popular Creative Suite has been developed way beyond the capabilities of the initial versions of the software; however, older versions such as CS2 are still very powerful image-manipulation and content-creation tools. Still, they are no longer supported by the company and could cause problems or fail to run when installed on computers running the latest versions of OS X or Windows.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

:)

There's no grey area.Adobe are not giving anything away for free.

Quote from Dov Isaacs Adobe Scientist/Employee:

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available. (Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product download.)

You are only legally entitled to download and install with that serial number if you have a valid license to the product!

I think that's fairly clear.

Whether or not the situation was mismanaged is another thing.I wonder what they

were expecting to happen?

Hmm now you don't even need a adobe ID to log in to the page. I wonder if its some kind of ploy to discourage hacking of their later products??

STGN

That guy can claim what he wants, if they didn´t want everybody to download the stuff then they would have removed the page. Easy as that. I call it clever marketing

Well the latest product version is CS6 released in 2012 and CS2 was released in 2005. Just look at the differences, changelogs and features between these versions!

That guy can claim what he wants, if they didn´t want everybody to download the stuff then they would have removed the page. Easy as that. I call it clever marketing

Yep, what I'm thinking.

And you'll never get them to say so over official channels of course ;)

I can easily see how it would progress. Use a stable (not hacked, no virus risk) Photoshop for a year or so ..... get used to it ..... then seriously consider buying the real thing.

Well the latest product version is CS6 released in 2012 and CS2 was released in 2005. Just look at the differences, changelogs and features between these versions!

They are stable products. If you arent a professional and don't have OS problems ...... we're not going to care too much.

I still write windows programs with software that came out 10 years ago.

Sure, things like Premier and the like may not have all the video codecs etc .....