Sign in to follow this  
Piraneous

using Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog with TOH

i keep reading that apparently this game supports the full range of motion in analogue throttle controllers like the one on my brand new HOTAS warthog. however this is not the case. when i try to assign the axis to the collective controls, it only ever appears in the assign key part after i've pushed the throttle past 50%. when tested in game play, the collective wont doesn't start being added till after 50% of throttle range and is maxed out at about 80% of the throttles range...

i'm also trying to use the slider on my throttle to control the ingame throttle settings with no luck (seems there's no support for analogue throttles in game).

what am i doing wrong? or are the rumors that this was fixed for TOH untrue?

What EagleEye said.

However I have to say that I don't like to use the HOTAS Warthog in TOH because the centering force of the stick is just way too strong. As silly as it sounds - in TOH I get more precision out of my old shoddy Logitech Extreme 3d Pro because I don't have to fight the stick as much. Trimming helps a bit but that's more of a workaround than a solution.

My recommendation would be to either use a cheap stick with a weak centering force or have a stick where you can remove the centering spring. Of course you can use the HOTAS Warthog but it's not really suitable for helicopters.

Edited by Derbysieger