Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

It's a skip time function within arma guys, basically you canhave it set for 2x, 4x etc.. I am sure samatra sets it for 6x, it is basically the server jumping forward in time then everyone synching to the time which causes a little judder. Can be annoying, but you can get used to it pretty quickly..

Hey Guys, i was playing on the Arma2 Wasteland server which is designed from Sa-Matra, i'm playing there since 2 month and ppl know me. Its the server "Arma2.ru - Wasteland Sandbox #2". Ok heres the Story... I was camping an objective with my friend where i killed 10 ppl with my M110 NV Scope, after i had no ammo left i went to the Downed helicopter which is the Objective and took a AS50 with 9 Nato Mags from it and moved to my old position and destroyed a Armored Vehicle with 2 ppl inside (2 times). After this i shoot a Armored Humvee with 4 ppl Inside (2 times). Then 2 Urals are coming behind me, so i moved back and killed 3 ppl in 2 Urals, 5 min later an SUV is incoming and i killed 2 ppl inside and took the SUV and drive away then i went afk for 10 Min. After i came back i went to the objective again see the heli is taking off was shooting like a crazy psycho on it and took out a guy in the backseat. While i did this crazy shit ppl were flaming me in the Global chat for Hacking and using Third Party Programms. My friend can proove that i'm not even hacking or something cuz he was the complete time next to me. Ok well, after this shit was done i was about too shot the guys which broke my legs but i was not able to cuz a retarded Teammate just killed me. In the End i just get banned from the Server without any Reason or warning or anything else.

In my opinion its totally retarded shit that i get banned for a 28 kill killingspree on an objective. My friends where talking to an Mod/Admin on the Server and they said i have an AS50 with TWS, but this is totally retarded cuz i took the AS50 from an Helicopter objective. People are just mad cuz they got hard owned from on the Server and just banned me cuz i'm too good.

Peace out.

EDIT: I allready talked with the Russian Admins and they said i need to contact SA-MATRA.

Here are some quotes:

<20:41:56> "TPEHEP": it out of my competence to lift limits, it is necessary to you will address directly to SaMatra, probably it will help you. I for its part can promise to you that I will pass your trouble. There is a forum for English-speaking players here the link where it is possible to state the arguments: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142427-ARMA2-RU-Wasteland-Sandbox-servers-thread.

<20:53:03> "TPEHEP": I can't tell you that occurred, everything is very relative, it is a lot of dishonest players, and we are compelled to do so, it is better to limit than disregard

<20:53:33> "TPEHEP": but we always consider all complaints and addresses

<20:53:59> "TPEHEP": also we try to help

<20:54:42> "TPEHEP": I think if for you there were no violations everything it will be good!

EDIT2: Its just the fact that i get banned without any reason and he said it was just a precaution and i want to get unbanned cuz there is no reason to ban me.

There is also a Post from my mate who was playing with me at the time

I've been playing with this guy for weeks and he never used hacks.

I've been against him as much as I've been with him. He almost always snipes, and can hit targets from a kilometer away (not that it's necessarily hard, but still.)

There's also two issues with this ban: Why would a hacker be so obvious? If you go 28-0 or whatever, you're bound to be checked out in the logs. And aside of that, he's been playing on these servers for months. He's always been a good sniper, why would he suddenly use hacks to get these scores? You'll get what I said above: you're bound to be checked out. Sa-Matra's version is the only version he (and we) play(s). There's no logical reason for him to hack, aside of the fact that I know he doesn't hack.

I'd really like the admins to at least go through the logs and give this guy a proper check, otherwise I doubt I'd want to play on these servers again. (not to say you give a shit about my playing here, but I don't think I'll be the only one giving your servers a second thought if you ban legit players because they have good scores - feels like bf3 badmins all over again.)

Anyway, I like your servers and would like to continue to play here. WITH derp.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/armawasteland/comments/164xmn/banned_from_arma2_wasteland_server_without_reason/

Edited by herpderp

Youre that good? Then I suggest to admin to setup a PVP match in controlled environment and increased security and do a DM game with spectators involved. If you prove that in DM or TDM, Id unban you, proven there are no any other evidences of malformed actions in the logs on the server. Just a thought, its admin decision.

Поздрав ;-)

Right now daytime lasts for 1 hour, and night time lasts for 3 hours.

You said you know about this issue, but I think you need to increase the priority of it.

My friends no longer play on these servers because the night is so long.

Please please please fix this!

Youre that good? Then I suggest to admin to setup a PVP match in controlled environment and increased security and do a DM game with spectators involved. If you prove that in DM or TDM, Id unban you, proven there are no any other evidences of malformed actions in the logs on the server. Just a thought, its admin decision.

Поздрав ;-)

lol, then tell me why i get banned for what reason. Are you able to do this? Or Show me some logs where i should hack or anything, srsly man. There are NO existing Hacks right now why you guys should ban a guy who is playing in a squad and is camping a fucking objective with 4 ppl.

AMAGAD.. ha this has been driving me insane... Glad im not the only one, its like the game sticks for 0.5 secs every 5 secs. Really fustrating, I used to get it hit and miss in DayZ, although has recently started again on WL.. Not sure if its my end or server side. I recently updated my MB bios/cleaned up pc, so not sure if that caused it..

I've just done a new build as the old one was so bad that I'd be lucky to get above 20fps out in the open and going into Cherno or Electro was simply a bad mistake.

Anyway, what the new build has shown, as I can now run things pretty much maxed out with over 40fps everywhere on a full server (EU #5), is that I was getting a microstutter - it would hesitate and then carry on but it was regular. Had a look around and the first thing I did was install Game-Booster and this fixed it. For me it was a process running in the background.

@herpderp & _massive

take it to PM please, this doesn't belong into public. Thank you.

Hello there SaMatra, thanks for great mod. However while playing I encountered a bug. Which sadly got me banned. but That is being fixed right now hopefully as I am talking to an admin on TS. I found out by accident that grabbing the object you're climbing will cause you and the object to be launched in a random direction at crazy high speeds. I don't know if it is possible, but it would be nice if you could not pick up objects that people are climbing on. In my case it was a deerstand, I cannot confirm that it happens on other objects because I don't want to risk getting banned again.

hello guys ! is it possible to get the modified version of the wasteland-sandbox mod from SaMatra in these forum ?? me and my guys would like to host a server with this mod to give more space for players of these community

greetz

hello guys ! is it possible to get the modified version of the wasteland-sandbox mod from SaMatra in these forum ?? me and my guys would like to host a server with this mod to give more space for players of these community

greetz

Page 2 Reference

:'( that's bad

No... that's good. The mod is still in "BETA" status if I remember correctly and it doesn't make sense to distribute beta code and listen to the world QQ how "This doesn't work" or "That should be done". Hence... "BETA".

If I remember correctly from this very thread, he stated he WOULD release the files when he is satisfied with the end product but don't quote me on that. Until then... enjoy his work and help improve it by adding useful suggestions and feedback.

I found out by accident that grabbing the object you're climbing will cause you and the object to be launched in a random direction at crazy high speeds.

I WANNA TRY THAT :D Seriously, can I try this in some offline mission or other game mode? Don't want to get banned, bud would sure like to see that :D

I had the pleasure of driving and gunning a T-55 around for a few hours on #6 today. Needless to say, that thing is fucking OP as hell.

ok first:

i really like playing it :) its so much fun

but there is one thing u should change:

its really bad that u can tow an ammo truck to an btr or other armed vehicles ... that means unlimited ammo.... thats not that nice ...

also i would like to have more hardcore servers on other maps such as fallujah or lingor.

especially fallujah would be really awsome :D

ok first:

i really like playing it :) its so much fun

but there is one thing u should change:

its really bad that u can tow an ammo truck to an btr or other armed vehicles ... that means unlimited ammo.... thats not that nice ...

The world is not nice. ;)

Seriously though... all it takes is one well placed mine, one well placed rocket, one well placed shot and it doesn't matter how much ammo they have... their done. That's the beauty of this style of game play.... all it takes is one person at the right place with the right weapon and the biggest... baddest guy goes down. I've taken out multiple ammo trains that you speak of on my own while playing indy by myself.

Edited by _Mofo_

Actually, has the T-55 been added as an armored vehicle mission spawn?

Sa-Matra, could you please consider removing the the bomb from the Retrieve Explosives Mission? I can't see where it could be used in a good way.

I say it because yesterday, we waste two hours building a base. Then a team mate thought it would be funny setting the bomb in the middle of the base. I don't need to say that every vehicle/building in a 100m radius was destroyed

Sa-Matra, could you please consider removing the the bomb from the Retrieve Explosives Mission? I can't see where it could be used in a good way.

I say it because yesterday, we waste two hours building a base. Then a team mate thought it would be funny setting the bomb in the middle of the base. I don't need to say that every vehicle/building in a 100m radius was destroyed

Why would you remove features just because of a douche? The same guy could also buy a satchel and do the same damage. Removing the time bomb is pointless

Sa-Matra or Admins,

This is a bug report announcing the differences in day and night on the servers. It states 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night yet I feel that is switched. It seems it has been 3 hours of night and 1 hour of day.

Thanks for an awesome game!

"Retrieve EXPLOSIVES"

I was run over by a car with a teammate... do we remove cars now too? What about the g17... been killed by it from a teammate after hours of looting just so they could get my booty... remove g17 now too?

BTW... using it in a "good way" is not defined by YOU for the rest of us. "WE" decide what WE want to do with the bomb and what suits US. If you want to sit around all night and play bob the builder... that's your prerogative.. however, some of us like to go attack other bases in which a bomb is a formidable tool.

The more you know...-*

Edited by _Mofo_

I had the pleasure of driving and gunning a T-55 around for a few hours on #6 today. Needless to say, that thing is fucking OP as hell.

we had that thing before restart.. =D it is the shit!

"Retrieve EXPLOSIVES"

I was run over by a car with a teammate... do we remove cars now too? What about the g17... been killed by it from a teammate after hours of looting just so they could get my booty... remove g17 now too?

BTW... using it in a "good way" is not defined by YOU for the rest of us. "WE" decide what WE want to do with the bomb and what suits US. If you want to sit around all night and play bob the builder... that's your prerogative.. however, some of us like to go attack other bases in which a bomb is a formidable tool.

The more you know...-*

First, your analogy about the car is pretty childish.

Second, I don't always build bases. I've raided many bases, my bases have been raided many times too, and I never saw someone using that bomb. Actually, most of time that I go to a retrieve explosives mission I see the bomb left behind.

In my former post, I ask Sa-Matra to CONSIDER removing it, I've presented my arguments and I'm sure he will do what he thinks is better for the mission. Maybe I'm wrong and fail to see a good use for it, but you don't need to act like a child.

lol, then tell me why i get banned for what reason. Are you able to do this? Or Show me some logs where i should hack or anything, srsly man. There are NO existing Hacks right now why you guys should ban a guy who is playing in a squad and is camping a fucking objective with 4 ppl.

@ Forum staff

Apologies this was just a joke. Im not related in any way to Arma.ru nor its servers

@ herpderp

What I said above. Just a harmless comment. You'd be better contacting their admins directly. You wont do anything here. Russian language problem? Well then...

Cheers

Edit: Nevermind

Edited by Duhoy