Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

what about punish? It kicks teamkillers in to the lobby, and forces em to join independent, no need to fire back at them...

Yes, also punish. But it is temporary measure, teamkillers need to be banned.

How about make the person unable to fire his gun when pointed at a team mate?

This will leave them still vulnerable to RPG's/grenades but makes it impossible to directly shoot at team-mates.

Ive seen this at more games that turn you crosshair a certain color when pointed at a friendly

How about make the person unable to fire his gun when pointed at a team mate?

This will leave them still vulnerable to RPG's/grenades but makes it impossible to directly shoot at team-mates.

Ive seen this at more games that turn you crosshair a certain color when pointed at a friendly

Not very possible in arma and it is far from being anything realistic.

Valid point, now that I think about it it makes sense :)

I must add that you are doing an awesome job with this mission and you have my full support.

The couple days of wasteland have been more enjoyable than all my time in DayZ.

Like the moment I came across a enemy on a bike.

I crashed my car against a tree and jumped out.

Immediatly i started flanking around, hoping the other guy would have stopped too.

After a couple of minutes carefully moving around, watching every corner I spotted the hostile sitting behind a tree starting at the point where I left my car.

Those where some sweet shots in his head :)

I see your point. I don't really want to turn team damage off. Better report into TS about teamkillers, I permaban several teamkillers each day.

Yeah, I think removal of friendly fire is a bad idea. The best solution is to probably just increase awareness of where and how people can report it. Maybe have a global message appear every 30mins or so saying something like "Teamkilling and hacking will result in a permanent ban. Report these incidents at....."

Heisenberg

Yeah, I think removal of friendly fire is a bad idea. The best solution is to probably just increase awareness of where and how people can report it. Maybe have a global message appear every 30mins or so saying something like "Teamkilling and hacking will result in a permanent ban. Report these incidents at....."

Heisenberg

There is such message already actually, pretty much the same thing how you said it :)

Hey mate, was playing on US #8 about an hour ago having an awesome time, player by the name of Cameron came along and somehow spawned rocket launchers blew our base up, every time we went to loot his body our games would crash?

Hey mate, was playing on US #8 about an hour ago having an awesome time, player by the name of Cameron came along and somehow spawned rocket launchers blew our base up, every time we went to loot his body our games would crash?

Thanks for report, already banned. In such cases I would recommend to join TS and report to admin for quicker response.

I think I've discovered a bug with the missions system, at first we get a helo mission every batch of missions for the first hour then after the two hour mark theres no more helo missions, this has happened twice now.

I think I've discovered a bug with the missions system, at first we get a helo mission every batch of missions for the first hour then after the two hour mark theres no more helo missions, this has happened twice now.

Its probably just random

Probably, have you perhaps considered adding some form of static aerial vehicles at the airfields, that spawn at random times (not just the start of the map) but not full hp/full fuel, say a c130 sitting in a hangar broken and no fuel, would be an interesting twist on the AN-2 perhaps even very rarely a A-10 but have it have no ammo, until someone finds an ammo truck to reload it? but Have it spawn rarely and randomly! ? I get that its a wasteland and that would make it more immersive as a wasteland, because if you think about it, there would still be jets in a post apocalyptic wasteland. I'm not sure of the limitations of the engine, but perhaps the ability to get say a AN2 and weld a minigun to it salvaging a war plane from nothing? but you have to find the parts? This would add to the fun level of the game.

LOVE the snowmen btw :P

Finally get the Snowman, Get a URAL, Get shot in the back. GODDAMNIT.

C130 doesn't fit Wasteland very well because there isn't many places where you can land it. Choppers should be valuable resource and making them available right away kills the purpose of them. Speaking of armed planes there is already one. You'll probably find out about it eventually ;)

Hello Sa-Matra, I just got banned from #6 Wasteland sandbox server, I don't know why since I just betrayed one people before and it was a mistake.

Where can I talk to an admin and know why I got banned from this server ?

Thank you have a good night.

Hi. Its not really a ban, we just removed you from server for reasons explained in chat. You are free to join any servers, including #6 (but later).

Hi. Its not really a ban, we just removed you from server for reasons explained in chat. You are free to join any servers, including #6 (but later).

Thank you for answered me so quickly. I did not see the reason, I was loading something in a truck and got ban. And it is a long time since I betrayed this guy while we were attacking an ennemy base...

I would say too that I love your custom version of Wasteland it is awesome, thank you for your work ! And thanks for the guys from Arma.ru for the servers !

Sorry for my English.

If you want to prevent people from spamming respawn to get a good start location, you can save the respawn position, and if player dies too fast (or dies via pressing respawn rather than getting actually killed by someone else), spawn him back at the same position rather than a random position. You can also have a timer on it, so if you respawn within X minutes of last respawn you get the same position rather than a random one. Best result would probably be achieved by combining those conditions.

We where playing on #2. virtually every Helo mission was an harrier.. We stashed one in our base.. Nothing much you can do with it.. :) Ammo trucks are such rarity these days.

And we found 3 Repair urals, had 2 on base.. planted a mine under the third..

Edited by JoneKone

I am on Server 1, There is a player on Blufor who is killing team mates and getting away with it then stealing their guns. He shoots them with a pistol till their legs break then waits till they respawn and steals their weapons. he is also telling opfor players in russian where Blufor players are making it near impossible to do anything. His in game name is NOSITEL. He only speaks russian but i have been translating to see him tell opfor what to do. So please handle this ASAP. Thanks!! Love the game!