Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Duhoy, US servers don't have auto restart yet. We have few ideas about bases, will probably implement something.

Sagehorn, mission is not not available for public hosting at this moment.

Sagehorn, mission is not not available for public hosting at this moment.

I just wondered, why the files are wanted in six updater. Just now i realized, that I don't need them.

Another question: I'm a bit confused about what wasteland actually is and which version(s) can be called state of the art.

I read the stuff about the 404-people. But what about the versions from tkgaming etc.?

Seems that every server has it's own "edition". (What is not really surprising. Most stuff is more an addon than a mod anyway)

But which of those versions are based on your work and which are completely seperate modifications of TAW_Tonic's work?

I just wondered, why the files are wanted in six updater. Just now i realized, that I don't need them.

Another question: I'm a bit confused about what wasteland actually is and which version(s) can be called state of the art.

I read the stuff about the 404-people. But what about the versions from tkgaming etc.?

Seems that every server has it's own "edition". (What is not really surprising. Most stuff is more an addon than a mod anyway)

But which of those versions are based on your work and which are completely seperate modifications of TAW_Tonic's work?

I've started working on Wasteland about 5 months ago, 404 and other versions that are slight modifications of it (battleguns, tkgaming, etc.) are all based on my v11-v12 versions on client side, 404 copied my entire client-side and used Tonic's server-side. At the moment 404 are doing their own changes instead of continuing to take my stuff (which is now being stored on server-side and unaccessible for straightforward copying) but still their mission uses lots of my code, not to speak of all gameplay ideas that I prototyped and introduced into the Wasteland. And of course I would recommend to play my version of Wasteland, we still have much more features than anybody else even though 404 stole majority of it.

i found a problem on arma.ru wasteland servers, that i already described in another thread:

The problem is, that Arma 2 constantly lags every ten seconds, obviously only on wasteland servers.

Seems, that it hasn't to do anything with my graphic settings. When I set them down, the lag is also there.

By contrast, on a full warfare server (arma.ru too) the lag doesn't exist.

In sp-missions made with the editor the problem doesn't occur, too.

I tried different arma.ru wasteland-servers: The lag is on full as well as on empty servers.

Strangely, other players seem not to have it, and I asked several..

Any ideas or experiences, how this problem can be fixed?

Sounds like a connections problem, not?

If you restart the game and join back right away, will problem appear again?

Are you using any mods? Sound mods? CBA?

Does restart game mean canceling the game and go back to lobby or restart arma?

I think i tried both ways but there is still that lag. Pretty weird, that it stutters exactly in 10s intervals all the time. It's subtle but steady.

I meant restarting ArmA. Are you using beta patch or stock 1.62? No mods, right? Do you experience this on freshly started servers? (At this moment recently restarted servers are #1 and #2) How about Utes? Do you experience freezes there as well?

i always started with beta, but now im afraid this could have been no good idea.. ;)

edit: okay, beta seems to be right. to complete: yes, no other mods

I'm also loosing connection to the server maybe every 1-2 hour.. (timeout)

i'll try server#1 now

edit2: k, same happens on the fresh server.

interestingly, it takes +/-1 minute, until the lag starts..

edit3: when i'm on the arma.ru server, the following messages (content changes bit..) appear regularly on arma2oa.rpt:

Group R 1-1-H (0x3093f100) - network ID 2:4811

- no main subgroup

and before those repeating "message-batteries", there is always something like this:

Observer R 1-2-D:3 (EXO SWAT) REMOTE (indep40) in cargo of R 1-2-D:3 (EXO SWAT) REMOTE (indep40); message was repeated in last 60 sec: 11006

last edit: Tested "Utes" on Server #3: NO LAG

Edited by Sagehorn

Thanks for feedback. These RPT messages are common for ArmA. Can you try it without beta please?

without beta, its the same.. but maybe the disconnect-problems are gone. was stable for more than 2 hours

Hello SaMatra

I sent you an PM earlier today but not sure if you got it, As they ain't showing in the sent mail box.

I got some friends who play your mission, And they asked me if i could host a wasteland server. So i said i will have to ask the mission maker first.

My server specs are

I7-3770 @ 3.4ghz. 3.8ghz turbo

16gb ram

Windows 2008 r2 datacenter

100mbit

Server runs 1 ofp server and 1 warfare server for benny. The warfare maker So still have loads of cpu for another arma server. I can give you remote desktop access to set things up if you accept.

Let me know. If not then no problem.

Thanks - Rob

Sa-Matra, Do you have any plans on continuing development of Wasteland onto Arma III when it comes out next year?

I love your version of the wasteland mod, especially hardcore. My only issue is with the Independent side and making bases. As an Independent if I assault an Opfor or Blufor base then I can't move their objects if they are still inside their base. However if I assault an Independent base I can move any wall or rather they can move all of our walls if they are Independent as well.

I doubt it's possible but is there a way you can make it so a) other independents can't move your walls or b) that only groups have access to what they have built?

I see it more as a form of exploiting the fact they can move our walls/depots and then proceed to swing them around to kill us.

Thanks

Duhoy, absolutely

SicCorona, thanks for feedback. Problem is known, I'm going to address it in next version.

awww, wasteland for arma III, civilian life for arma III, warfare, ACE 3 for Arma III, Arma III, damn, there is nothing more do i need :)

SaMatra, i guess you know that issues with delays, so player menu wont pop up for many seconds, also cause of this delay, it hard to acces gun shop, or items in your inventory. Happens on all servers so far, by me and my friends at same time, all having fine ping, so duno whats the problem.

Edited by NeuroFunker

NeuroFunker, you probably use JSRS or something that involves CBA? As far as I know either of these addons causes problems. I'll try to address it soon.

Got it, thanks for feedback, going to add few test cases in next version so we hopefully can find source of the problem.

Sa-Matra,

The current classes for the 3 teams are uneven and unbalanced. Currently Blufor holds the advantage, Opfor is in the middle, and Independent is left in the dust in terms of special class roles. Do you have any plans to balance this? Is it even possible to fix?

http://pastehtml.com/view/cdcw8qol8.html

Classes

Medics: Blufor 4, Opfor 4, Independent 3.

Engineer: Blufor 5, Opfor 4, Independent 3.

Classes with Body Armor: Blufor 18, Opfor 1, Independent 0.

Blufor and Opfor medic classes also have limited inventory compared to Independent medics.

Edited by Duhoy

Okay so , I teamkilled some team-mates on one of your server ( ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- #2 ) and uhhhh.... it makes me go independent and I don't like that because it's like FFA and all that . and uhhh , I apologize for doing that. Can you make it stop doing that to me? ^_^

(in-game nickname : Modomancs )

These servers and this build of Wasteland runs sweet.

Sa-Matra,

The current classes for the 3 teams are uneven and unbalanced. Currently Blufor holds the advantage, Opfor is in the middle, and Independent is left in the dust in terms of special class roles. Do you have any plans to balance this? Is it even possible to fix?

http://pastehtml.com/view/cdcw8qol8.html

Classes

Medics: Blufor 4, Opfor 4, Independent 3.

Engineer: Blufor 5, Opfor 4, Independent 3.

Classes with Body Armor: Blufor 18, Opfor 1, Independent 0.

Blufor and Opfor medic classes also have limited inventory compared to Independent medics.

independed actually all got body armor, the ones with headgear and stuff, they are PMC, private military company. So they can be equal to bluefor. Also Russian soldier for Redfor have bodyarmor as well, and MVD guys with helmet too.

Played your build last night Sa-Matra and its great, the grouping feature is excellent. Would love to see you release this publicly and move the mod/mission on that way. Wasteland would explode then!!!