Sign in to follow this  
samatra

ARMA2.RU -Wasteland Sandbox- servers thread

Thanks for feedback. I'll look into it, it seems to be problem with groups inconsistency and desyncs in ArmA.

There is another problem with Groups as well, if the Group leader leaves the group. And random guy out of the group is selected (automatically) to be the new group leader. We had big problems today morning in server #4 when the random guy just appeared to our group spawned to our base and started looting.

To add to duhoy:s message, we also experienced that. It works with some ppl beeing the group leader but when other ppl are leaders they can't invite.

Then there was a problem with "Leader could invite a person, he could join! and other ppl in the group saw him in the list. BUT Leader couldn't see him in the list and the green dot didn't appear"

-- edit --

Ouh, if the Beta batch to linux will update would it be possible to host an linux box wasteland? Or is it a bad sollution? Have you tried it? I have an rental i2600 on hetzner. And would like to host... An "Finnish speaking server"

Edited by JoneKone

Thanks for your feedback, problems noted, going to address them.

Samatra, pls check arma2.ru wasteland #1 server, just come from ther, it lags again quite bad, when people geting out of car, they do stay for a second nearby then teleporting behind ur back, was killed like that few times alerady, quite annoying. Using latest 9800 beta, average ping 70, no desync, also 2 other my friends had same issues as me.

I see it, server runs for long time already being full almost all the time. Well, not much I can do here apart from restarting it.

Samatra, pls check arma2.ru wasteland #1 server, just come from ther, it lags again quite bad, when people geting out of car, they do stay for a second nearby then teleporting behind ur back, was killed like that few times alerady, quite annoying. Using latest 9800 beta, average ping 70, no desync, also 2 other my friends had same issues as me.

There might be another reason for that behavior, your group leader could be sending dismount commands to group members...

Edited by JoneKone
Cos

w00t... i was leader, it were enemies, who teleported from the cars, when i tried to ambush them.

Currently running a server in Dublin, proving very popular. Great Mod!!!

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Would love to see the missions announced without an actual description of what you get at the end. Ie if a team has a weapons cache and another mission is announced with the same prize they might not go for it. However if we know theres somethingto capture, but not exactly what everyone might go for it!

It seems the teams are getting out of hand as for now Blufor: 20 Opfor: 13 Independent: 31

Cause more and more people tempt to go Independent, Blufor and Opfor get unbalanced.

Have you tough about limiting the teams up to 20/22 player per fraction?

Anyway i really like your mission and stuff you put into it, keep up the good work!

dont see it as an issue, if u want to cooperate with others, go blue or red, if u want everyone against you, then go green.

w00t... i was leader, it were enemies, who teleported from the cars, when i tried to ambush them.

Ah ok, i don't doubt you.. Just trowing thoughts in the air...

Teleportting :( its a menace

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Would love to see the missions announced without an actual description of what you get at the end. Ie if a team has a weapons cache and another mission is announced with the same prize they might not go for it. However if we know theres somethingto capture, but not exactly what everyone might go for it!

what server?

dont see it as an issue, if u want to cooperate with others, go blue or red, if u want everyone against you, then go green.

Team killing and trolling around BluFor/Opfor is an big issue... Maybe an kick system "kick player vote"? Enabled after first team kill... Maybe not..

Edited by JoneKone

Hi, I would like to know where is it possible to download the version of Wasteland - custom version by Sa-matra to be able to install on my server.

An arma2.ru server?!?...if so I'd be pretty happy seeing as I'm also in Dublin! :)

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

Hey SaMatra,

I have a few more questions about the servers if that's ok...

* Have you started tweaking the day/night times already? As I was playing on 1 & 2 last night and 2 had a much longer night time but day seemed to be the same time as before.

* Is there a scheduled restart time for each server that should happen or is it at the discretion of each server owner? Noticing much more de-sync/lag issues lately on some of the servers (1 & 2) last night than before (noticed by many people in my group all in different countries)

* Just wanted to echo the problem with the group issue...but we get around it by just having 1 person leave the existing group, then that person and the person who couldn't originally see invite are able to join.

Thanks

Hey Heisenberg,

To address issues raised, we do not have an official Irish server. We have servers #1 to #9, the restart times are located at the following address wasteland.arma.su

Day/Night has been tweaked, currently it updates the time a lot less than previously which causes less frame drops and freezes, however night time is currently too long it was supposed to stay roughly the same as before but with a nice smooth day to night transition.

The group issue is known and will be looked at.

Hope that answers your questions :)

Garrett_91 - English Speaking Admin

Suggestion:

Make the gun store radius the same as the town spawn radius or include it in the gun store radius. I've noticed that guns stores turn into death matches where people are around the gunstore for a long period and are accused of camping when they're really in a nonstop battle.

To provide a more accurate description. Say there are two groups, Group A and B. Group A is currently inside the gun store.

Group B enters the gunstore town and both groups engage in a firefight. Group A kills off all but one or two of Group B.

Group A currently is not in the town radius, this allows Group B to spawn in their teammates within about 50m of where they died with enemies very close by.

I've had this happen to me and a good amount of other players and is very frustrating. I've also been on the opposite end where I was spawning in teammates and it definitely gave us a unfair advantage.

I've had this happen in Myshkino, Prigorodki, and Gvozdav. (I apologize for any spelling mistakes.) I don't know about the rest and if they're also plagued with this issue as I don't visit the other gunstores much.

The solution would be is to have the towns spawn be affected by enemies in the gunstore or to increase the radius to cover the town.

Thanks for feedback on gun stores, will take it into consideration.

This may have been suggested before, or you may have thought of it and have a reason not to do it.

But if you add

player [url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addRating"]addRating[/url] -9999;

for Independents when they spawn. It will not count as a team kill when they kill each other. It wont display (team kill) after the kill message, and will count as a valid kill on their score counter.

And independents will not be able to group up and sit in same vehicle.

Ahh, I didn't think of that, I figured there would be a reason you weren't already using it.

Why don't the restart timers for the US servers show on http://wasteland.arma.su/

Also is there any way to have some persistence in terms of bases? Kinda like how bases save in DayZ?

where do i find the @ws files? :confused:

seems to be the perfect game, btw ;)

Edited by Sagehorn