Sign in to follow this  
call_911

DCS World an LockOn FC3 Released

Nowhere in this game was there mentioned a single game with a console port.

As for ED and their greed, they heard all the whining about price vs content and admitted that they are 'lucky to break even' on their products.

The ethereal trees are no worse than the see-through grass in ArmA where fast-movers are concerned, but it is game-breaking for Combined Arms and Black Shark (although people have been loving the latter for years, somehow).

Nowhere in this game was there mentioned a single game with a console port.

As for ED and their greed, they heard all the whining about price vs content and admitted that they are 'lucky to break even' on their products.

The ethereal trees are no worse than the see-through grass in ArmA where fast-movers are concerned, but it is game-breaking for Combined Arms and Black Shark (although people have been loving the latter for years, somehow).

Just to clarify, I was speaking in general with regards to my reply to Tonci's post concerning the Industry and greed, Not ED because I don't think they are greedy given the depth and quality of their games. In all honesty, they could probably charge alot more.

Edited by BangTail

I'm pretty sure the AI also see through terrain before. I've had advance warning of an Mi-28 heading my way before, so I moved off and hid behind a hill waiting for him to fly past so I could smack him with 30mm. Somehow, no idea how, he knew EXACTLY where I was and came over the hill, firing and already on target. Needless to say, my Ka-50 was no longer airworthy.

I haven't been in touch with ED games since brief test of FC2... Seems ED team moves to fail. Or am I wrong? BTW, does Su-25 still have only advenced flight model without ability to use invulnerability?

Wrong..8)-
right...they ho,d a monopoly currently but thats nothign you can rely on forever in software business. Rise of flight for example is definately better in quality.

And how about Su-25s flight model?
it's all the same as FC2. Try out and Download DCS:world its for free with Su-25T and without access to MP. FC3 is not worth it currently. Edited by Beagle

Fukk... I'll still be unable to handle it:( ED promised to make invulnerability for Su-25s but still hadn't done it, sad to hear.

Fukk... I'll still be unable to handle it:( ED promised to make invulnerability for Su-25s but still hadn't done it, sad to hear.
promises???ED once promised a 1.13 for Flamign cliffs in the end we purchased the patch as FC2...after that they promised a 1.3 patch for DCS:BS but it turned out to be the payware update DCS:BS2. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Hm... Really shame. I tried to find any really significant changes between BS1 and BS2 and couldn't find them. Really no reasons to name it "Black Shark 2" except PR&marketing bullcraep.

Rise of flight for example is definately better in quality.

Not much better.

Selling compasses and other parts of the planes for $5. Pretty soon they'll start selling landing gear.

All their patches and updates appear to be nothing more then an excuse to add yet another overpriced plane.

I wouldn't pay 40$ for FC3. From what I've heard they probably should have called it F-15C 6DOF DLC and slapped a 10-15$ pricetag on it or something like that. ED likes to make some questionable business decissions but I don't really see an alternative to them when it comes to combat flightsims.

I decided to pass on FC3 around the time when the SimHQ Preview came out...

I don't have FC but I love to fly the A-10C. It is so much fun when you play in multiplayer with a gamemaster who constantly changes the battlefield and also acts as a JTAC giving you coords, marking targets with smoke etc. It is amazing how that changes the dynamic of the multiplayer experience. And I love that. I logged about 100 flight hours in the A-10C and about 10hrs in the P-51D in the last two months - singleplayer and multiplayer.

I'm still trying to figure out how to land the P-51D though - it has so much torque ...

I'm looking forward to the other WWII planes and I would definitely buy a european themed map if they should ever decide to make one.

I also dabbled a bit with the Black Shark some time ago but the lack of interactive tutorials put me a bit off and I didn't find the time to sit down and read the manual. I should probably do that at some point.

It's a shame ED dind't do more with FC3 because I think a more simple flightsim like FC could potentially attract a much wider audience than those hardcore simulators like the A-10C. To me it feels like they just wanted to release this to make a quick buck and it is kinda sad that they didn't update all the aircraft. Maybe not necessarily 6DOF cockpits for all the fighters but one should definitely expect better textures across the board - it's 2012 for God's sake.

Upgraded models will be released for all the flyable aircraft in FC3, just not all at once.
source?

Community made or official ED ones?
haha even the current ones in FC3 are communty mades as well as the cockpit textures. You can get all of them for free as FC2 mods.

Official ones, as for the source the post is lying somewhere in the ED forums.

Oh and this is just about the exterior models, not cockpits.

Does anybody know the mod either for FC or for FC2 providing invulnerability to Su-25s?

Well, there we have it gentlemen. The simulation genre's ugly head has reared up again: elitism! Still cannot find that source.

I guess the Cowboy meant you can use the free 3rd party Modman Tool to update your DCS with free 3rd party Mods.

thats lieke saying ArmA II is perfect because you can use mods. Thats the ways fanboys are ticking you can't argue with them because they emphasize critic on there games at critizsm on their personalities.

pfff comon, that was just a joke. Spooky Lynx did you try to check the "immortal" box in the gameplay option ?

Elitism...seriously ? I'm hosting the Free Flight For The Noobs server, how elitist is that ?

I guess the Cowboy meant you can use the free 3rd party Modman Tool to update your DCS with free 3rd party Mods.

I don't know if you're talking about me but what I said was pretty clear :

Upgraded models will be released for all the flyable aircraft in FC3, just not all at once.
Official ones

As for the source I'm neither your slave nor ED spokesman. You doubt ? Search by yourself. I don't owe you anything.

Thats the ways fanboys are ticking you can't argue with them because they emphasize critic on there games at critizsm on their personalities.

I guess that's for me.

I never said DCS was perfect, I have my fair share of bitching and whining on ED's forum, I don't see why I should replicate those rants here where ED never gonna see it.

I've explained why I was still supporting ED and fanboism has nothing to do with it.

Now if you want to keep bashing a dev on another devs forum that's up to you Beagle but don't come and cry like a baby because your rants were unheard.

Edited by Macadam Cow

pfff comon, that was just a joke. Spooky Lynx did you try to check the "immortal" box in the gameplay option ?

Elitism...seriously ? I'm hosting the Free Flight For The Noobs server, how elitist is that ?

Don't worry:) I've described this via PM.

I wonder why ED choose to get rid of Crimea. Was it so hard to have both Crimea and Caucasus?