glowbal

GBL Advanced Interaction

Arresting does not work on new ACE and newest beta-patch - error in arreststart.sqf - line 11 _unit not declared. :banghead:

Hey, can you explain me, step by step, how i can arrest civilians ? When im trying arrest my suspect, he says "Easy! I haven't done anything wrong!".

Glowbal very nice mod, we use it as standard of every mission we play.

Is there a little chance that this mod can make it to A3 ?

I noticed this thread hasn't been active for nearly half a year now, so I'm sorry for replying late. Straight to the point, I placed the AIM Module down in my map, I do see the option for Talking and Interacting but when I click talk, the person I'm talking to usually has nothing to say. I believe that's normal though. The problem that I'm mainly concerned about is the interactions. At first, the Biometric Scan option wasn't even lit up, but I added the Scanner to my inventory, so I have the option. When I click the scan option, nothing happens :(... The Hearts and Mind doesn't work and neither does the Search.. The arrest options aren't even lit up either. I added the keycuffs to my inventory and still nothing :(.. Please respond whenever it is convenient.

I'd post pictures, but it says I can't because I'm a new member. I'll edit it later to add pictures.

Oh sorry if I seem like a "noob". I just picked up ArmA II about a week ago. I read all of the .pdf files that came with the mod. Nothing really helped though :(

UPDATE: I figured it out sort of. I set my action key, so I have the option to tell the suspect to stop and arrest them. Now the problem is, when I click "Arrest" nothing happens.

UPDATE 2: Fixed everything! I just re-installed ACE. :) Loving this mod. Great Work! But everyone I try to arrest says they haven't done anything.. Do I have to wait for them to kill someone or do I have to script it?

Edited by rambeaux504
Figured part of it out.

Hi

Above all, excuse me for my bad english.

I have some problems with this mod.

All actions work very well, by cons I can not find how to hide evidence in buildings, and create cars with IED.

Could you explain?

thank you very much

---------- Post added at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

I have a response :

Place down a game logic in the editor. Put the line in the init box.

In INIT paste this :

ins = this execVM "\gbl_advanced_interaction\scripts\interaction\ied\spawn_carbomb.sqf";

:D

Hi,

I set up this awesome addon on a dedicated server 1.62 and it worked fine.

Since the passage in 1.63, the "arrest person" function no longer works.

This on the same map with the same mod clien side and server.

you have a solution?

i have a solution for my problem :

write // in line 33 of

gbl_advenced_interaction/scripts/interaction/civi_interaction/arreststart.sqf

["gbl_stopmoving", [_cursor]] call CBA_fnc_WherelocalEvent;

save,

recreate a .pbo,

recreate bisign

Hmm is anyones food descent going down really fast? Even using MSOs 0.03 decent value its still about 1 MRE an hour. Does anyone know if theres a hardcoded minimum value for the decent? 

Im using gbl_descentRateFood = 0.00000001; but its still about 1 MRE an hour

Anyone managed to get this working correctly recently?

Managed to get everything else working ok but unfortunately the ''Ration Menu'' doesn't show the MRE/Water items in the menu?

Also cannot give any civs food or water? The MRE rations and water are in the inventory also.

So close to 100%

Update here.

For some reason the humanitarian rations and also the blocks wasn't located in any of the included crates? So I had to manually add the appropriate classnames to the crates and well, it works.  

Excellent mod!

With the module placed in the editor, I don't seem to be finding any "suspicious items" in houses or on people, and my biometric scans don't indicate any hostility. From my understanding of reading the manual and forum, these events have to be edited in by the player. Can I tie this into the ambient civilians and houses at random in any way? It would be cool if every feature of this mod worked like that, but "evidence items" seems like an easy task. If I've missed something, and this is possible, is there a way I can change those variables (such as chance percentages, time between evidence spawn, chance of "takiban" biometric result)? Somebody made a script like this for the ARP item addons, here is the link:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/203889-random-items-with-civilians/

Has anybody done something like this yet? If not, my script-illiterate behind will take a stab at rewriting what's in that post, but I wouldn't bet on it.

If this doesn't work, I could maybe spawn random civs via trigger by chance within a certain area, but that sounds unnecessary, time/fps consuming, more prone to break, and not really as immersive.

Perhaps there is a way to modify something like 5% of civilians spawned in the module to carry a specific item? I still haven't quite figured out editing the specific units spawned by modules yet.

The Civilian Interaction Module (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15664) was supposed to do this, but I had a different can of troubles with that.

Any suggestion or critique is appreciated, and if it hasn't been done for this mod already, I'd be happy to share the results if I crack it (Since it's 2020 I doubt anybody cares though.)

I like the mod so far, and if this and the Civilian Interaction Module have been moved to Arma 3, you could potentially join your features together in one mod, as it has some unique features too.

4 hours ago, dalber24 said:

but are you using this mod? http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15664 maybe not compatible

No, CIM stopped working at random or when I tried reloading, which led me here. The only mods I'm using are ACE and a couple unit addons that should not interfere in theory, but I've been experimenting with this mod without them for now. I also like this mod more.

I'm wondering if it needs a few minutes to spawn the "evidence items" or something possibly. I played with the mod for about an hour without finding anything, but after that less than 5 minutes in the editor each time. If that is the case, I'd still like to be able to adjust the parameters of their spawn as mentioned if possible. If I get the separate ARP items, which has been scripted to do this, I'm afraid that will definitely interfere. 

Edited by unnamedplayer27

maybe these mods are not working because of the new 1.64 update? There are mods that stopped working correctly with this update, for example ASC Weapons Pack, did you try version 1.63 to see if the same thing happens? It's just an idea.

Edited by dalber24
misspelling

7 hours ago, dalber24 said:

maybe these mods are not working because of the new 1.64 update? There are mods that stopped working correctly with this update, for example ASC Weapons Pack, did you try version 1.63 to see if the same thing happens? It's just an idea.

It is my understanding (and I could be mistaken) that the mod is doing everything it is supposed to do. Am I mistaken , and civilians created by the Ambient Civilians module are supposed to be spawning with evidence or scan as "takiban" by default? I'd like to know that something actually isn't working before I roll back updates.