Sign in to follow this  
tonic-_-

[TVT/CO-55] Wasteland

@Tonic: What about Arma3? Do you think there will be a mission like yours as standard mission? If not, are you creating a wasteland for arma3?

**edit: if your mission is based on dzsb, is it possible to activate so more parameters like the kind of vehicles. it would be nice if choppers or aircrafts can spawn on airfields ... weapons only spawn in vehicles, in dzsb they spawn in military buildings or firestations

Edited by mK_

Tonic, would there be a way to enable icons over your team mates heads? The amount of people killing their own team on our server is getting rediculous. If not I guess a simple kick will have to do.

@Tonic: What about Arma3? Do you think there will be a mission like yours as standard mission? If not, are you creating a wasteland for arma3?

**edit: if your mission is based on dzsb, is it possible to activate so more parameters like the kind of vehicles. it would be nice if choppers or aircrafts can spawn on airfields ... weapons only spawn in vehicles, in dzsb they spawn in military buildings or firestations

For ArmA: 3 I will probably port over Wasteland, as far as the parameter options. Wasteland is based off of DZS but the DVS (Dynamic Vehicle Spawn) was drastically changed so not as simple. I was going to in the future add a more dayz like 'looting' system where various items such as guns, food, etc spawn in buildings based on the building type.

Tonic, would there be a way to enable icons over your team mates heads? The amount of people killing their own team on our server is getting rediculous. If not I guess a simple kick will have to do.

Umm..... I could do that... But it may not 'limit' the amount of team killing. A lot of people team kill just because they're griefers. I can look into adding additional parameters to either enable friendly markers/icons, team swapping and overall if wanted eliminate friendly fire entirely.

The additional parameters would be great mate... Too many have not played arma vanilla and ave ame across from dayz. So they don't realise there are multiple different uniforms for the same side..

The problem with icons is being able to hide from someone you don't know or trust.. Imagine the team killing if everyone on any given side had a little "light bulb" over their head for players on his side to see!

As for team killing, if possible, make a "forgive system". After some number of team kills with out being forgiven player gets kicked.

It seems that "going rogue" has went out of favor lately. Civ's kill anyone they come across unless on team speak or side chat.

How about this;

opfor kill opfor = kick

blufor the same as above

blufor kill opfor or vise versa / WIN!!!!

Civ kill or be killed by anybody.

Last night on tonic's server there was a rash of killing and weapon stealing at the gun stores. Luckily a admin showed up and the offenders got themselves a swift little kick. Also someone was laying land mines all over the place.

Internet gaming is full to the brim with jerks who don't know or care about following any rules. As this mission get more popular it may get much worse. With some people, the only way to get them to follow rules is to cram them down their throat.

At Dev Heaven it was suggested to do away with the gun stores. That may be a good plan but I don't look forward to a night without NVG's. Anyone who has them will be godlike in their ability to own anyone who doesn't.

One last thing, I heard a ridiculous story of some guy, maybe in a priests skin, riding around the server on the hood of a vehicle....dancing. I know that can't be true. ;)

Edit 09-19-12

I'm done. Too bad a great mission has to be ruined by roaming AI at the gun stores. (where players are not allowed to fire)

Edited by jokerl90

Well, just a bit of an update that I'm working on... So far here is the change log...

Fixed: dupe animal gutting

Fixed: Picking up and replacing a beacon to remove the limiter

Fixed: AI stalking the gun stores

Fixed: Opfor & blufor units spawning with backpacks and mines/satchels

Changed: 60% of Civilian units changed to PMC Units to enable use of Backpacks

Added: Parameter to enable / disable team swapping

Added: Parameter to enable / disable friendly fire.

Possible changes...

Enabling JIP to remove exploiting the first-spawn to gain money, food, etc.

Well, just a bit of an update that I'm working on... So far here is the change log...

Fixed: dupe animal gutting

Fixed: Picking up and replacing a beacon to remove the limiter

Fixed: AI stalking the gun stores

Fixed: Opfor & blufor units spawning with backpacks and mines/satchels

Changed: 60% of Civilian units changed to PMC Units to enable use of Backpacks

Added: Parameter to enable / disable team swapping

Added: Parameter to enable / disable friendly fire.

Possible changes...

Enabling JIP to remove exploiting the first-spawn to gain money, food, etc.

Excellent!!

Just wanted to drop in a small note about gutting animals and meat: you can't gut sheep but sheep spawn around the map.

Just wanted to drop in a small note about gutting animals and meat: you can't gut sheep but sheep spawn around the map.

Sheep are sacred animals which must not be harmed or eaten. >=D

what about sheep-shearing to create new suits ingame? :D

Edited by mK_

Tonic

Is this the error that you were getting with the missions bugging out sometimes?

20:11:18 Error in expression <_wait = [300,150] call fnc_hTime;
sleep _wait;
[player,nil,rSIDECHAT,STR_MISSION>
20:11:18   Error position: <_wait;
20:11:18   Error Missing ;
20:11:18 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\server\core\missions\SM5.sqf, line 4

Standard mission!

In the mission files

Am I right in thinking that this should be closed off wit a }; not a }?

_group = createGroup resistance;
man = _group createunit ["Ins_Soldier_1", _hillpos, [], 0, "Form"];
man2 = _group createunit ["Ins_Soldier_1", _hillpos, [], 0, "Form"];
man3 = _group createunit ["Ins_Soldier_1", _hillpos, [], 0, "Form"];

{
[_x] execVM "core\ai_fnc.sqf";
} foreach units _group;

Cheers

Edited by marker

Tonic

Is this the error that you were getting with the missions bugging out sometimes?

20:11:18 Error in expression <_wait = [300,150] call fnc_hTime;
sleep _wait;
20:11:18   Error position: <_wait;
20:11:18   Error Missing ;
20:11:18 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\server\core\missions\SM5.sqf, line 4

Standard mission!

In the mission files

Am I right in thinking that this should be closed off wit a }; not a }?

_group = createGroup resistance;
man = _group createunit ["Ins_Soldier_1", _hillpos, [], 0, "Form"];
man2 = _group createunit ["Ins_Soldier_1", _hillpos, [], 0, "Form"];
man3 = _group createunit ["Ins_Soldier_1", _hillpos, [], 0, "Form"];

{
[_x] execVM "core\ai_fnc.sqf";
} foreach units _group;

Cheers

When doing a foreach you use ; at the very end, so it'd be { //code } foreach arrayhere; The reason why missions bug out is because of a function I am using, the SHK_pos, i wasn't using a 'water' method approach so when the sidemission would be near water it would error out which will kill the rest of the script. But with the newer update coming it will be using the SHK_pos water method which will if near water find closest piece of land. Only missions that randomly place the mission i.e ammo cache in a random location around an area bugs out though.

Hello Tonic-_-

I would like to ask a question about your mod. I have been playing on a server running this mod called ARMA 2 RU#2 and they have a spawn screen allowing you to spawn on friendlys on your team as long as no enemies are located there. i have done a few searches on how to add this to your mod but i cant seem to find anything on this matter.

Is it something i have to add in to the mission file itself by unpacking it repacking ect?...

I am about to set up a Server in the UK and one in the US running this mod but it would be good to be able to allow spawn on friendlys as i feel it made for a better experience so far, As running a LONG way can get rather tedious after a few times.

If you could either point me in the direction of someone, somewhere, or even reply with instructions on how to add this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you JamesTrendall.

---------- Post added at 16:50 ---------- Previous post was at 16:25 ----------

Sorry if this is not the place to post this reply.

Tonic..

Quick question if you don't mind..

I posted in the server admin forum, as the server I run has a weird issue with time jumping forward every 2 minutes by 10 minutes.

They have said it is probably built into the mission file, do you have this problem with your server?

If it is built in, how dome turn it off?

Thanks

Edit

Found the command which is SkipTime..

Is it in the mission anywhere?

Thanks

Edited by marker

Tonic..

Quick question if you don't mind..

I posted in the server admin forum, as the server I run has a weird issue with time jumping forward every 2 minutes by 10 minutes.

They have said it is probably built into the mission file, do you have this problem with your server?

If it is built in, how dome turn it off?

Thanks

Edit

Found the command which is SkipTime..

Is it in the mission anywhere?

Thanks

The time is controlled by core_time.fsm it skips 4 minutes every 60 seconds (1 minute). I don't run into issues with my server so I don't know what to tell you.

And for JamesTrendall The Russian servers are modifications of wasteland, anything changed in them I do not support, to modify wasteland with those changes you will need to get in contact with the person that does it.

And for JamesTrendall The Russian servers are modifications of wasteland, anything changed in them I do not support, to modify wasteland with those changes you will need to get in contact with the person that does it.

I got in contact with the server admin and he has helped me a bit, I love the mod and im trying to setup my own server for tournaments mainly, 2 teams join once all are in the timer counts down and the players are unlocked from POS, but i cant get the teams to spawn in the same place IE:BluFor spawn west OpFor spawn east,

Thats why i was asking about the spawn on team mates option, to make the start up easier as Team Leader spawns in and the rest spawn on him.

Also im not sure how i did it but i managed to have the server save on my machine last night after a restart/shutdown once the server was up again all the base was still there, Unfortunately i had issue's and now its reverted back to clean wipe at each restart,

If i can get some persistence in the game i may need some help with adding a clean up script, so abandon base's are wiped from the map if nothing/player has been in the base for over an hour for example.

Really nice mission.

But my team think you could make more side mission and please, most of all, save player's position (also weapon) on disconnect. Thanks

Mission seems great but the AI are almost like lasers - I'm a pretty experienced player and I stand absolutely no chance against them... wondering if it's supposed to be this way? Am I playing normal AI and I just secretly suck? Seems like I poke my head around the corner for a second and get one-shotted by laser AI.

Also there seems to be no provision to heal yourself - so if I get nicked at all, I'm basically useless for the rest of the mission. I realize this is realistic but it's not very fun when I want to just play a game with friends.

The AI when playing as a Civilian unit are a lot more aggressive because naturally in ArmA 2, You can't really get AI to attack civilian units without using setFriend, setFriend breaks stuff for other factions... So the AI run a limpy quick made script I wrote to check for units in 200m radius, if units found check to see if they have a visual range using lineintersects, if they can visually see you, they forcefully shoot...

Looking into other ways to tone down the AI at this moment.

As for healing, there is a medic/doctor or two per faction plus you can find medkits (small cz vests) and use those as well.

Is mission dynamically built, how hard would it be to make a special map for it and make it work there?

Ah, so it's a custom script -- OK, I feel a lot better about myself now!

A couple friends and I played the mission last night - great fun, excellent and challenging mission. You just have to avoid the AI!

Okay I'm gunna catch shit for this cause I'm a regular player on Tonic's server.

The AI when at a mission is semi challenging and very deadly as you close in. At range they do not appear to be organized up close they return fire effectively.

Problem: When assaulted with an armored vehicle they choose to run away. I found this when a player attempted to take down a large base with the BTR command vehicle and the AI fled the base. The original player in the BTR was killed leaving us to complete the mission finding one AI 70+ meters from the base hiding in the woods. On a second mission we used the BTR to approach the downed Aircraft mission all three AI got up and ran for the hills. This could lead to broken missions if a player could not find and dispatch the AI.

Your own personal DEATH SQUAD.

Yes a squad is personally assigned to you that has a personal tracking device attached to your player. If you linger in an area for too long ( 10-20 minutes ) they hunt you down and kill you. In general you are shot in the back or ambushed out of thin air. AI seems to negate some structures and can see and or shoot you through them. They also sometimes meld into random structures or hillsides making it impossible to see or engage them. What is sort of game breaking about this is that it is highly fictional and unrealistic. Possibly game ruining when you stack a vehicle full of nice loot from a town just to be obliterated along with your vehicle by an entire AI squad that seems to come out of the blue to personally murder you for no good reason. It makes me nervous to step away from the keyboard to take a dump or eat or even sit in a ambush area.

Solution:

- PERSONAL AI murder squads need to be removed.

- AI needs to be limited by number and once they are killed they are no longer in play. 250 units on the map?

- The AI needs to be a functional side in the game that is non player affiliated hence an additional hostile faction that equally targets everyone.

a. The AI bases with 32 units and armed vehicle in support

b. AI bases need to be stocked with useful items and could be a viable player target.

c. AI need to have functional patrol routes and engage all player factions.

d. AI need manned vehicles as part of the patrol.

- AI needs a specific uniform that is not like ANY player uniform.

- The AI needs to act more like military units that search the map for hostile players once hostile actions are taken ( breaking the threshold of a mission area, killing the AI faction )

Missions:

- It would be good to see additional missions in the game

a. Food based mission, raiding a farm which includes a shotgun welding AI farmer! )

b. Convoy mission, the AI rolls a convoy of various useful items players are prompted of the start and end points but that is it.

c. Arms shipment via boat which is a coastal mission.

d. Downed helicopter ( crash) with various items

e. Recover armored vehicles.

Additions:

- Randomly spawning objects so the server is not stale or people wait until server reset.

- Vehicle lock

- New base materials that offer better protection

- Gun shop, rotating stock

- An AI seller to buy food / water or other useful items

- An AI seller to buy vehicles to get around.

Edited by Punisher_1

Is mission dynamically built, how hard would it be to make a special map for it and make it work there?

The mission is indeed built dynamically. I've used it on Lingor & Pantherea, there are only a few things required to change it up for a different map and that's removing AEG, repositioning the gun stores. A issue that I ran into as far as side missions goes that needs to be tweaked is if some islands are missing area's being defined such as Hill or FlatArea. On Panthera I had to find areas and create locations for 'Flatarea' for the side missions to work. But so long as those are defined in a map everything will work just fine just have to remove AEG & AEG markers along with repositioning gun stores. I started working on presets for a server-side config to automatically shift gunstores to fixed positions, etc.

Although i've been trying to bug my friend to build a large wastelandish map for me for awhile to make it the official map for Wasteland.. And was planning to use Icewindo's Apocalyptic Units.

Edited by Tonic-_-

He punisher.

I have a few extra side missions completed that is as going to use on my custom version. I am now closing my server down, some am going to send them to tonic, see if he wants the,

We have.

Photo recon recover and sell at gunshop.

Capture the rebel jeep full of launchers after a raid, it is trying toget back to the border crossing.

Search and destroy a warlord who is sneaking around trying to get a foothold.

Plus another couple..