Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation 0.1.6 Released!(Updated)

Thanks for these units guys. Superb job as usual. Love the BMP-1 cannons now! I noticed you didn't do anything with armor values for T-80's. AI still gets owned with one shot from M1A2, but OK, there is T-72 pack from Dractuym to fight for AI.

Also the AK's sounds are kind of weak. Well, that it. Everything else is just RHS super quality!

One question. Did you guys ever consider making chemical/biological/nuclear warfare units in suits and gas masks?

we feel that the T80 armor values are balanced. http://afrf.redhammer.su/index.php/Category:Vehicles

Dont forget that we also have to leave the spot for more advanced tanks. If simple old T80 can equally fight a M1A2 (which has a very powerful M829A3 APFSDS round btw) then tanks like T80U and T90MS will be invincible?

we feel that the T80 armor values are balanced. http://afrf.redhammer.su/index.php/Category:Vehicles

Dont forget that we also have to leave the spot for more advanced tanks. If simple old T80 can equally fight a M1A2 (which has a very powerful M829A3 APFSDS round btw) then tanks like T80U and T90MS will be invincible?

T90AM/MS version coming? :yay:

Wrong conclusion the answer -at this point in time at least- is no, no T-90 in any variant so far.

Only thing in the works in regards to tanks atm are some U variants of the T-80

I personally would like some static objects to go with the Russians.

Tents, crates, roadblock objects, misc stuff like power generators and so on.

Also, what year are they supposed to be from?

1991?

2012?

If simple old T80 can equally fight a M1A2 (which has a very powerful M829A3 APFSDS round btw) then tanks like T80U and T90MS will be invincible?

I don't want to start one of those aimless discussions on armor vs. armor, but from the game point of view, when the T-80 is so weak, what's the point of having it as a tank? BMP-3 will do the job. At least some armor on the tank would give AI a chance to fight. I was using T-80BK and it still got killed with just one shot, just like BMP. This is just my opinion off course, but the tank in game should serve a purpose of an armored unit, not just a moving cannon

Brings us back to what Soul said a page before, if we make it as strong as a M1A2 ( which it isnt in reality as much as i love T-80s ) then what if we include a U or even a T-90 variant in the future?

Its not like we didnt discuss this internally a few times already, the older T-80 variants are simply not much of a match against the M1A2 modern ammunition.

Not to mention that due to its simple Armor system ArmA2 isnt giving a addonmaker much freedom when it comes to big differences between vehicles apart from giving it more hitpoints.

With luck the Us find their way into the 0.2.x version and things may get more even.

...to avoid aimless armor diskussions go for ace armor-system, i can´t wait till ace-config release :D

aS5pbWd1ci5jb20vZGJlQlcuZ2lm.jpg

Edited by thearies

kinda BLUFOR ordnance prevaled on charts, with near-absent recent AP and HEAT/ATGM OPFOR rounds.

I don't have an issue with real world armor value per sae, my concern is armor in Arma. The AI is ridiculously stupid in this game, it is getting killed so easily simply because of its war tactics. Tanks just run out in the open screaming "somebody shoot me!" Helicopters rush the AA guns with the same agenda. The engine of this "war simulator' is crap. So, perhaps the addon makers can help AI not to die so easily. When a player runs the T-80 it has a good fighting chance because the player doesn't run into the open area with a death wish. AI does. So what good is a tank IN THE GAME in the hand of AI if it gets instantly leveled by one shot? Perhaps at least two shots?

mobility is key, sure.

modern MBT's ordnance's can pierce some armours several times/thru, sometimes with one shot.

so basically, armor is remain auxilary on present level of tech/R&D, while actively developed/improved, obviously, on both sides.

Looks great! I'll hold off until ACE compatibility is introduced though, I can't play ArmA without all those improvements :) One question though, do the vehicles have FCS? If not, will they have one in ACE compatible version?

Looks great! I'll hold off until ACE compatibility is introduced though, I can't play ArmA without all those improvements :) One question though, do the vehicles have FCS? If not, will they have one in ACE compatible version?

no, the ACE compatibility we envision at the moment is a "playability" upgrade, only concerning ammo and armor, meaning that you could play a mission with both mods in it and be able to kill and be killed on par with all the other vehicles. For the rest, the addons will stay the same. We dont have time and resources (mind you these people should not only know ins and outs of ACE perfectly, but also of the arma engine to the same level that you have grown accustomed to with RHS standalone). Right now RHS runs like a very well oiled machine, a game development studio if you will, with alot of custom workflows, our own custom tools, all sorts of IT provisions (bugtrackers, servers, wikis you name it. The member introduction document is 20 pages long). It would be hard to find people who would (in respectable timeframes) be able to familiarize and bring out a decent product. ACE team has respectfully declined to give us a hand, which is understandable, a lot of work on their own hands. Thus we are on our own here, a modest "playability" patch is all we can give for now, after all we want to make our own mod, not a mod for a mod :).

for all "armor-freaks" don´t know if this is from a book or collected documents, a lot of food...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/apfsdstabelanowa.png/

This one was actually done by me and my friend for some discussion on Military forums and our own research.

I can say a thing or two about modern MBT's armor protection, but this is probably not a thread for such discussion, not everyone wan't to read such long posts, and neither some people might be happy from my real world research (based on some documents, research of guys that have access to archives and what I seen... and I seen alot, for example such things like Leopard 2 composite armor, but do not coun't that I show You photos, I promised to delete them after watching ;))

mobility is key, sure.

modern MBT's ordnance's can pierce some armours several times/thru, sometimes with one shot.

so basically, armor is remain auxilary on present level of tech/R&D, while actively developed/improved, obviously, on both sides.

It is not actually truth. At some distance by using some types of ammunition and ignoring such things like weak zones present in all designs. Modern armor can actually present incredibly impressive protection levels. But as I said, it would be a long post, and not for thread about AFRF. ;)

WOW!

Obscene is the only way to describe the detail on these units!!!

Fantastic work RHS, I cant believe the level of detail, those launchers on the BMD's are amazing.

Two massive thumbs up RHS!

RHS team,

Amazing work, the detail of infantry units is simply overwhelming. Still I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to set face-cloth of crewmen to be randomized instead of always on?

1. Возможно ли Ñделать платки на лице рандомными, чтобы они отображалиÑÑŒ на танкиÑтах не вÑегда?

2. Is it possible to to use smoke screen on tanks and IFVs in conventional Arma2 OA way, by pressing "R" button?

2. Возможно ли иÑпользовать дымы на танках и БМП (ВМД) обычным армовÑким ÑпоÑобом, через нажатие кнопки "R"?

The facemask thing is something i definatly would want to have as on/off item aswell, well see what can be done.

About the smokescreens, well thats something for our config guys to answer.

---

Btw, for everyone hungry for more missions, i finally found the convoi mission, i was called Highway to Hell, W0lle has it now and tries to port this thing over.

Is it possible to explain your choices of units (http://afrf.redhammer.su/index.php/Category:Branches), formation, equipment?

And if I may say, a Mountain Motor-Rifle Brigade could be useful in Takistan missions (and if you plan to make MT-LBM it's a must have).

Anyway, your work are always good to keep me replay ArmA since Ofp.

Edited by Shrademn'Yyhrs

Im sure we will consider it Shrademn. Considering most of ARMA 2 maps these days and the ARMA 3 map are/will be more of a desert location, desert camoflage textures may be an essential addition.

Just want to say thanks, this mod is awesome ! Can't wait till you make it acesome too :)

ah, MT-LBs... the day since Maa laid his hands on them durig OFP era, till now, it's one odd looking but interesting vehicle...

but lets not disscuss about it now, 80Us must come first :)

well done guys (RHS), proper data does make a difference ;)

ah, MT-LBs... the day since Maa laid his hands on them durig OFP era, till now, it's one odd looking but interesting vehicle...

but lets not disscuss about it now, 80Us must come first :)

well done guys (RHS), proper data does make a difference ;)

Marfy ;)

Did i miss the part where the discussion about some MTLB started? :eek:

EDIT

Ooops, indeed i missed it, there may be a AFRF MTLB later but its far from being done i think so nothing for 0.2 nor 0.3 i think.

Edited by Shadow NX

naaaaaaaaaaaa no MTLBs....

me want the "U's" first! :) so, after reading about the mission: can we expect a 'RHS best of collection' maybe? :)