Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

ww2 german camos

hi,

currently i try to create some new camos for FAB's german soldiers; here is previews, what do you think about them? As I see them often; I do not have the necessary perspective to have a clear vision.

The MP40 pouches were done by Jojimbo.

I make camos for the waffen ss: 12th ss hitlerjügend, and 10th ss frundsberg. I used as reference: contents from the website At the front; and also contents from camopedia

the first camo is the Italian M29 camo:

gcs0083.jpggcs0084.jpg

gcs0086.jpg

and smock camos for both (I had to modify FAB's model)

planetree 1940 (only for ss frundsberg)

gcs0087.jpg

blurred edge: 1

gcs0088.jpg

blurred edge: 2

gcs0089.jpg

I like the variation! :cool:

Too many games (and mods) have "perfect situation" uniforms and weapon load-outs when the supply situation of the Germans was all but perfect. German units and especially those of the W-SS used all kinds of clothing and equipment they could get their hands on, from camouflage mash-ups down to the individual soldier to captured weapons like the M1 Carbine and Garand.

Looks good! Looking at them I think I would ad a little more "contrast" to the folds, pockets ,seams etc. to make them stand out a little more. Maybe add different fabric cuts for the pockets, when its just a camo overlay the pockets blend too much IMO.

STGN

@Jdb, I have always though the same thing.

@STGN,

thx for your advices, I had not noticed the little contrast of the pockets etc. I'm going to improve that (if I can :p )

I think that I'm going to change also the current dot 44 camo.

btw these soldiers are not compatible anymore with FAB's anims. As I use Sanctuary's anims, I changed the anim selections for this model.

Really nice (although STGN is right about pockets), but...

btw these soldiers are not compatible anymore with FAB's anims. As I use Sanctuary's anims, I changed the anim selections for this model.

... this made me sad. FAB's anims are nice, and he has great anims for bolt-action reloading.

I know, but in my opinion, they are not finished. they lack fluidity. I like also the bolt action anim, but all the other anims are too slow. ;)

Well....new version of Caen mod will be have more polished animations-I can guarantee it ;) Camouflages looking very nice but I think it will be nice to make "clear" variant and "dirty" - You know- with all that mud and sands from battlefield on it. Keep it up Sennacherib!

Bielow

Edited by Bielow