Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead / Combined Operations / Reinforcements update 1.62

;2193990']Seeing a lot of 'added' things directly related to a popular mod.... one of which has completely dumbed down the game to a level that I feel makes it unplayable to me now. Why on earth has there been an ammo count added' date=' it's a feature that isn't exactly needed, since we are not able to pick and choose which mag we load.

[url']http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/arma2oa_2012-07-24_20-39-59-08_16471.jpg[/url]

Isnt it a Difficulty setting? Veteran or above?

Dayz? really.. Its awesome. More Mutiplayer tweaks, more fun.

Big thanks BI peoples -your dedication to constantly improving and upgrading your product is unparalleled in the PC gaming market! I didnt mess with any RC's but this patch works swell for me

I2500k

680GtX 2mb

16gb ram

Win 7 64

Best Developers out there and best game (ok tied with Warband) - now forget patching and focus on Arma3 -get 'er done!!!

Big thanks BI peoples -your dedication to constantly improving and upgrading your product is unparalleled in the PC gaming market! I didnt mess with any RC's but this patch works swell for me

I2500k

680GtX 2mb

16gb ram

Win 7 64

Best Developers out there and best game (ok tied with Warband) - now forget patching and focus on Arma3 -get 'er done!!!

You see they have a team assigned for ArmA 3 & a small team for ArmA 2 Patches.. Which gets added into ArmA 3 also (A little).

[87640] New: RVExtension dll interface implemented (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/callExtension)

i dont see how this could be a good thing

"Defending against malicious extensions

Establish that the extension writer has reputation on the line. If it's somebody nobody ever heard of, who could just disappear again without a lot of people noticing, then the risk is higher. Even if he were to be exposed, it would happen at no cost to him.

Make sure the sources are provided. Even if you can't read them, someone else can, and there is a reasonable chance someone will find any backdoors. This increases the risk of getting the crimes exposed; see above.

Whoever compiles the sources into a dll can add whatever they want, last minute, in a separate copy from the sources added. You'll be trusting whoever compiles them for you, trustworthy or not. (They can also be tampered with after the dll has been built, but this is harder. Forensics should be able to tell the difference.)

The easy way out is to simply trust the people involved, and take the fall if/when you do get hacked from it. Problem is, you might not know. "

Hello,

many thanks to the BIS-Team for all the good stuff, for all the effort, spended time and at least for the release of the 1.62!

Alot of changes - included much missed commands and AI- improvements...

High praise to every single member who was involved!

Best regards

McLupo

Thanks for the update BI! :)

Anybody else suffering heavy LOD problems after patching to 1.62? Especially vehicles textures and wheels are extremly blurry on distance and pop up the closer I get....and not only in Takistan. Even if I'm in front of the vehicle the textures are not as sharp as before. :(

Edited by CHB68
added Youtube Video

Not sure it's relevant, but important mistake none the less.

Grafikspeicher, which I think is Video Memory, should be on default. This actually limits the graphics card's memory usage. Very High limits your card to just 512 MB, I believe it was.

It's only useful for old graphics cards, and you have a GTX570 (1280 MB), which isn't old. :)

Already tested with NVIDIA GTX460, GTX570, GTX580 and ATI 7970. Changing the memory settings has no effect at all.

Did you already patch up to 1.62? Can you confirm this?

Default uses much more if not all your VRam. This should keep the game smooth and less LOD. Just use MSI Afterburner to monitor GPU memory usage and you´ll see how much it will use if you set do high or VH.

Thanks for the update BI! :)

Anybody else suffering heavy LOD problems after patching to 1.62? Especially vehicles textures and wheels are extremly blurry on distance and pop up the closer I get....and not only in Takistan. Even if I'm in front of the vehicle the textures are not as sharp as before. :(

I can confirm this for OA content and newer when zooming in with right mouse. I don't experience this with Arma 2 vehicles. LOD transitions on old Arma 2 content are very subtle and less noticable.

Examples of OA vehicles that have very subtle transitions on my end when I walk towards the vehicles. Zooming in is still more noticable than with old arma 2 content:

Abrams tanks

Strykers

Bradleys

Edited by Derbysieger

I can indeed confirm it. Though I think it's been there for a while. Part of optimization to save FPS while looking at several objects. Not sure if it was more transition between these two LODs before, though. Object detail is what gives you better detail from a distance, by the way.

ETA on Linux Dedicated Server?

Also, can somebody confirm if this patch can be installed on steam installs? The BIS download page does not contain the warning for Steam users not to install this patch.

I can indeed confirm it. Though I think it's been there for a while. Part of optimization to save FPS while looking at several objects. Not sure if it was more transition between these two LODs before, though. Object detail is what gives you better detail from a distance, by the way.

...sure, but I can't find this "feature" in the changelog ;) Anyway, with 1.60 we did not have this unpleasant effects. I remember times when this effects were quite usual for Armed Assault, but that's a long time ago.

Like the new patch. It varies well with different sorts of nights (moon, clear and cloudy + lightning and darker in woods). Contrast is vastly better at night!

Edited by DomZ

...sure, but I can't find this "feature" in the changelog ;) Anyway, with 1.60 we did not have this unpleasant effects. I remember times when this effects were quite usual for Armed Assault, but that's a long time ago.

we put it to the attention of the devs during beta testing to no avail. Very annoying indeed.

Is this patch gonna fix the Reinforcements crash , and inability to reinstall the BAF/PMC installs after the 1.60 patch? with the downloadable DLCs ? for those of us, who bought the Dlc's prior to them being released on Disk....

Edited by F2F_BHO

This pach destroyed almost all FPS in game I had.

Before patch;

VD - 2500m

Shadows, Objects, Textures, Post Process - Normal

AA - off

FPS - 50 and up

After patch:

Everything very low or disabled

VD 1000m

FPS - 8-20

I'm now very mad about it ;(

Win 7

4GB RAM

560 GTX

AMD Phenom II X4 980

Because putting all the settings on low shifts all the processing back to your CPU numbnuts. GPU is doing s.f.a. on those settings.

Try putting your settings to HIGH and see what happens. Why would you change settings after patching anyway?

Edited by Lokyi

I very big Thank You to all you guys at BIS for your continued attention to all your Arma games and DLCs over the last 10 years or so. You are and inspiration to your profession and strive for the perfectness that us users want too. Even with your upcoming Arma3, you still work on your older projects which no other developer that I can think of does. Thank you for this Bohemia Interactive, not only do you produce the number 1 game that I could ever think of playing, but you continue to improve it. What a feat. Long may you continue, and I would pay you anything for Arma3 because I know you will continue to make it perfect.

Getting this error when trying to run the exe, can anyone help me on getting this to work. Thanks. I do have Arma 2 in my D: drive but I can't figure out how to change the install directory of the patch.....

! C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\ARMA2OACORFT_Update_162.zip: Cannot open C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\ARMA2OACORFT_Update_162.zip

The system cannot find the file specified.

! Cannot execute "C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EX22.256\ARMA2OA_Update_162.exe"

Also getting another error

ARMA 2 OA is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted

which I have downloaded almost all mirrors. Thanks for the help you all if you can help me with this issue.

Edited by navy198523

download installed connected played not problems warfare mp on some server with 10 other players nothing flickering if I set new graphic functions on very high game start stopping but I blame my old graphic card 4870x2,if I set them disabled all same as before patch play fine,actually I didnt see difference except driving flying - but it not so bad.only shame for me that some tickets I submitted still not fixed.but otherwise thanks.

PS game runs a bit smoother but cant guarantee.

Installed the new Patch.

Getting this when clicking "Scenarios" for SP missions:

File description ext, line 148: /RscTitle/:mission '}'

Any help would be appreciated.

Campaigns working just fine, so far.

Congrats on the update Bohemia!:D

I wanted to ask since I never knew about ATOC and since it's new in the patch that you can configure it in-game I asked myself why would I turn it on if playing PVP or something like DayZ. I mean if I do all I'm doing is blocking all my view where trees are, I can't see nobody in them. People turning this off have a huge advantage over people having this on. Like this it's basically an option to make Chernarus as flat as Takistan is and make the trees just a "option" if you would like to see wide and far or be left behind the tree leaves thinking; where the @!*#& am I getting shot from all the time..:j:

So I guess I just turn it off for PVP although I think it's a pretty big issue if you ask me, I dunnow if it's possible to render characters invisible like they did with grass in a patch later on but it would be nice to have trees do what they're suppose to do which is block a lot of ground.:bounce3: