Sign in to follow this  
maddog2204

Lean ("Q" & "E") has stopped working

Hi,

My lean function has recently stopped working in game. I use TrackIR, and that function for lean is also not working any more. I have tried removing the old key binds and replacing them to no avail. I have turned off (and disconnected) TrackIR5, and that made no effect. I have since reinstalled the game twice in the past two days, but the issue remains. I have the DVD copy of the game (Arma 2 / OA / Reinforcements).

I know the "E" & "Q" buttons are working, as I am able to roll left and right when prone. But the keys won't work for lean when crouching or standing. This is just so bizarre, and it's really got me stumped. Has anyone come across this problem before? I have tried searching these forums, and tried Google, but there does not appear to be any hits that are similar to mine.

I have also reinstalled TrackIR5 to see if that was the culprit, but that did not work either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

OMG I'm such a noob!!!! It appears that you cannot lean when you are NOT carrying a weapon. I just jumped on to a DayZ server, and found a gun. Low and behold, my lean function is now back.:blush: Facepalm!!

Sorry for my noobness. And here I was thinking that somehow my game had become corrupted. I even went as far as rolling back my video drivers to see if that would make a difference, as that was the only thing that was changed on my PC since last playing the game .

Mods - feel free to remove thread if you deem it not worthy to stay here. Sorry for wasting your time.

Edited by maddog2204
Becasue I am such a noob

Don't worry mate. That one caught me out at first. Frantically trying to do the Q E dance in DayZ and it not happening got me shot in the face :rolleyes: