Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Multi-Session Operations v4.4 released

okay, next stuff:

i'm looking for the following function:

when a city is captured, there should be the option to recruit soldiers in that location. but only as long as it is captured.. possible?

another solution would be a kind of townguard that is not controllable... but would be cool, if there is a cost-function..

Edited by Sagehorn

After deactivating all modules and switching them on one by one in the config, the cause for the "different" ACE menu was the PatrolOps module. Wonder why nobody else has that problem?

Strange, as we play with ACE and ACRE and i didnt encounter that. I would like to look into that - could you please provide your mission-pbo, and create a small ticket on devheaven with repro steps (apperently only switching PO2 off)!

Thanks m8

We used a stock MSO mission for Takistan (ACE version) for the test. We now use a modified mission without PO2 and it seems to work (only MySQL is not working atm).

We used a stock MSO mission for Takistan (ACE version) for the test. We now use a modified mission without PO2 and it seems to work (only MySQL is not working atm).

Thx, will check dat.

Regarding Database - We updated to work with latest @ArmA2Net plugin.

Make sure u use latest .sql schema, @Arma2Net and PersistenceDB folder directly from https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/wiki/Wiki and if using ACE leave "save vehicle/object content" off in params (is off by default).

enjoy

Edited by highhead

I have a problem, that I don't see all features in the self interact menu.

Always when I join the Server is see sometimes for example ACE Settings and the most time not.

Last try I had only trounded wounds > and ACRE >. How I can fix it that I see all features like the Save in the Interact menu?

@Bensch: Are you using clippi?

Does anybody know, how i can change the reward for holding the flag in warfare?

Quick question about latest full patch. Have you guys seen an error with CBA and MSO4.4? I keep getting it, but only on a dedi server, it's something about timesactivated.

Will update when I restart server.

Yes.

2012/08/13,  2:37:15 [11188,276.666,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.187. MISSINIT: missionName=Co30_ACE_KH_PDB_Batfields_2_15, worldName=Chernarus, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=true"]
2012/08/13,  2:37:21 [11188,282.662,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
2012/08/13,  2:37:34 Error in expression <sActivated = _timesActivated + 1
};
};

if (_mode) then 
{
if (_timesActivated <>
2012/08/13,  2:37:34   Error position: <if (_mode) then 
{
if (_timesActivated <>
2012/08/13,  2:37:34   Error if: Type Number, expected Bool
2012/08/13,  2:37:34 File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_initCounter.sqf, line 16
2012/08/13,  2:37:34 [11219,295.411,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
2012/08/13,  2:37:34 [11219,295.428,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.187, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, ace=1.13.0.567, acex=1.13.0.365, acex_ru=1.13.0.71, acex_usnavy=1.13.0.72, "]
2012/08/13,  2:37:35 [11219,296.447,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished.

That's the very one JMan ! Is this a CBA error or MSO? Is it critical ?

@Bensch: Are you using clippi?

Does anybody know, how i can change the reward for holding the flag in warfare?

Yes is use clippi

That's the very one JMan ! Is this a CBA error or MSO? Is it critical ?

It's not anything in MSO.

okay, another warfare-question: :)

i added different opfor-enemies in a town to guard it. but unfortunately they don't attack me.. for example the insurgents, they just aim but don't shoot.. any idea? i activated the seperate factions, but no difference

The persistent database is fantastic. Any chance the next release will have the mission parameters for DB activated by default ?

Gentlemen, a quick question, about one thing that bothers me. Lets say I have gone into a town and ambient civs and ambient vehicles are spawned and all working correctly. Now there is a shot fired (doesn't matter who fires it, or where they fire it) and a civ in the vehicle gets out and goes prone (OK so far). After a time he gets back in his vehicle but NEVER moves off again.

Is this something you can fix, or is it just one of those things we have to live with?

okay, another warfare-question: :)

i added different opfor-enemies in a town to guard it. but unfortunately they don't attack me.. for example the insurgents, they just aim but don't shoot.. any idea? i activated the seperate factions, but no difference

Which mission is it, could it be that independent sides are set to friendly to BLUFOR? Also use debug console and check "captive player" for a quickcheck,

Thx

HH

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

The persistent database is fantastic. Any chance the next release will have the mission parameters for DB activated by default ?

Hey, glad you like PDB!

ATM i am working to store rmm_enpop locs to PDB and Tupolov just made pdb work with latest arma2net. IMHO we should first store enemy-locs and markers so also rmm_enemypop-locs and JIP markers are restored after restart, because a mission designer can hardcode his preferred settings easily in the params.hpp files already in opposite to the generic generated enemies by rmm_enemypop, which would be different after each restart. But thats just my 2 cents. We will keep you informed on our progress!

Enjoy

EDIT: by Hardcoded mission params i mean you can just overwrite your preffered settings directly in params.hpp so on restart exactly the same params will be used. Even if server gets restarted automatically it will setup the mission exactly as it was before, with same settings

Edited by highhead

hi head ;)

it's a combination of cti and coop elements from mso 4.4.

the missions must be... "mso_16_a2co_cti_cdf_vs_ins_4-4.chernarus" and "mso16?_ace_coop_baf_usmc_vs_ru.Chernarus"

The former independent-setting was "nobody". i put it to opfor and it seems, that it is now "a bit" better :P (All the enemies ar on opfor-side, btw)

Looks like units as farmers or loggers attack me now, but the "lingor gang members" are still very volatile in attacking behaviour. sometimes they shoot, sometimes they just look and sometimes they do nothing. sometimes i idle minutes in the village, and suddenly someone kills me :D (eg. when i was writing this post) ...okay, for my mission i could frame it like, 'they are "unpredictable"', but that's no good solution ;) ..Or maybe this is actually a "special" AI-behaviour.. but can't imagine that.. And: There are no captive units

Thx, for so far ;)

Edit: Basically, it's a coop mission with cti-logic in game. But the Enemy-AI isn't synchronized with the warfare-module.. I often switched around between cti and coop game mode, but there were no positive results..

Edit2: Okay, it's getting even stranger: The AI just attacks me, when i'm sitting in that landrover jeep... (not when i'm on foot or in the PMC-Van [maybe because its armored? dont think so])

Edited by Sagehorn

Yo guys!

Sry for my late reply, have been quite busy last days!

Sagehorn, can you replicate that behaviour with one of our stock missions? If not you can send me your custom mission too and have a look at it!

Krem, i also noticed that - will have to check dat! Thx!

Comrades!

We are currently finishing persistent rmm_enemypop-locations - if that is done i will open a bottle of champaign.

I recommend you guys get familiar with PDB since the database (even its experimental still) works really well and opens up a lot of possibilities!

im a bit excited!

Good Job Highhead, been running the PDB for some time now, learned most of my lockup errors joining were you just have to wait in the map and not hit continue and let the game do a timeout load and it works every time. Anyway will you be updated to latest Roy86 PO2 v2.04?

Good Job Highhead, been running the PDB for some time now, learned most of my lockup errors joining were you just have to wait in the map and not hit continue and let the game do a timeout load and it works every time. Anyway will you be updated to latest Roy86 PO2 v2.04?

Yes that's a known issue. If you click the map continue button before the mission 'notes' briefing has loaded then the PDB init gets bypassed.

Dev-heaven issue #43440

Edited by [KH]Jman

You just have to wait, before you press Ok, make sure the initialisation is complete (in the notes there is an MSO menü)

Hello everyone and thanks for this new version.

Persistent Database is compatible with the vanilla 1.62 version ?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Yes, PDB works with the current release version of ArmA2.exe

Short update:

"Real" persistence will be in upcoming update :cool:

We work hard to get it finished by end of september!

Enjoy!