Sign in to follow this  
marcomio

Nightvision complete green Screen after working on the appropriate paa-files

Got this problem after making the NVG-files „Clear“. Modified the night_sum.01.paa up to night_sum.05.paa and nightvisiontl.paa. After repacking the dta\hwtl\data.pbo of the mod-folder, I only have a complete green screen when activating nightvision (see picture).

When starting OFP vanilla version, I have the old standard BIS Nightvision, so it can’t belong to the dta or the res\dta\Hwtl\dta.pbo file. Other mods running with their specific Nightvision. The mod with the Nightvision I like to change is the last “@ffsx85â€-version of the great FFUR Mod-Series. Its small and flickering design I like to change in a more clear and bigger field of view, e. g. like the GRAA-Mods by Sanctuary had. (It looks like a optic used for binoculars…?)

Can anyone help? I tried to install a pack of “newdata†files, but it obviously don’t work. I did it several times and it worked fine, this time I have absolutely no clue, what the reason could be for that:

http://www.mediafire.com/?g7w5a2bj5aup4cw

It looks like the alpha channel on (some of) the files got messed up. It shouldn't be either complete white or complete black (#000000 and #ffffff) as that will mean complete transparency or no transparency at all. Alpha channels are grayscale, so for the transparency you're looking for, it needs to be closer to black than to white. To edit a transparent texture, you also need to make the necessary changes in the alpha channel or the changes won't be shown if you are editing the shape. If you are not saving the file and/or converting it correctly, you can end up with a completely transparent or complete nontransparent view (If an alpha channel is not found/saved, the game will default to an all-black alpha channel, showing everything at full strength).

Edited by JdB

Thanks for Info, I will replace the files (night_sum.01.paa to 05.paa and nightvisiontl.paa) with the original files of the FFUR'85 (2008 Edition).exe. I hope, that works. I didnt found any other paa or pac-file, which has a relation to the nightvision appearance. If nothing goes, I'll report back.

rgds