Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Army of the Czech Republic DLC

Read this topic, and you'll find some interesting things to read:) Oh and look at this part of forum and count the number of "ZOMG ACR is not shown after installing I can't play it!!!11"-style themes.

meh, I just posted here after I noticed the acr units in the editor and also seeing dlc available too.. I was like , huh? But yeah, I'll read up now that you mention some bugs.

So is ACR ever going to be patched? It's been quite a while now since it was released...

+1. Starting to regret buying it in the first place, seeing as how some things still aren't working, like the ATGM on the Pandur.

The Pandur ATGM works perfectly if you use TAB to lock target.

There's just a lot of things that make it annoying to use the content

- Third person view points on a lot of vehicles are focused around the driver rather than the center of the vehicle (very easy fix, move 1 point in oxygen2)

- Hopping out of the Truck with the MG kills/hurts you

- Sounds on some of the weapons fail to follow inheritance (The CZ75 regular uses the M9 sound for inheritance, but the CZ75 SD doesn't and it has a terrible quality silenced gun shot that sounds rediculously cheesy)

- Steering wheel on the civilian car included (forgot the name of the car, touring car or something like that)

- Lack of barrel recoil on a few vehicles (T-72 sticks out the most to me)

I'm sure there's many more things that have already been reported as well, these are just things I found within 5 minutes of playing yesterday

Hi all

Having some trouble installing ACR. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit and I own retail Arma 2 and Steam OA, BAF, PMC and ACR. Even when running steam and arma exes as admin I still get !!! MISSING STRING error when I attempt to run ACR installer. Likewise running the CO batch files in my steam arma folder does not resolve the problem.

One odd thing was that on attempting to install ACR, all of my launchers lost their path to my Arma 2 exe. For example DayZ Commander refused to believe I owned Combined Ops until I pointed it to my Arma 2 folder again, despite running well for months before I tried to install ACR. They work again now that I have pointed them back to the correct path, but this issue only presented itself when I attempt to install ACR.

I would be grateful if anyone knows how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Hi all

Having some trouble installing ACR. I'm running Windows 8 64 bit and I own retail Arma 2 and Steam OA, BAF, PMC and ACR. Even when running steam and arma exes as admin I still get !!! MISSING STRING error when I attempt to run ACR installer. Thanks

Hi,please see the Windows 8 and Arma http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=2166361 thread. There is discussion about W8 64bit and DLC installers with working solution. I am running it on W8 64bit fine.

Edited by fraczek

Fraczek thanks for your help with this - I'll give it a try tomorrow and report back.

Just completed several missions from ACR. A DLC well made.

I personally like camo's and new vehicles (as well as some of the weapons) and Bystrica terrain in particular, of which speaking of. I notice that Bystrica and Chernarus have so many things in common, are they related or perhaps the same location, and is Bystrica a real life location unlike Chernarus? If so, are there some photo comparisons with this terrain? Simply put Bystrica looks beautiful in the ACR dlc, perhaps the most beautiful of all terrains in vanilla/dlc releases.

Just completed several missions from ACR. A DLC well made.

I personally like camo's and new vehicles (as well as some of the weapons) and Bystrica terrain in particular, of which speaking of. I notice that Bystrica and Chernarus have so many things in common, are they related or perhaps the same location, and is Bystrica a real life location unlike Chernarus? If so, are there some photo comparisons with this terrain? Simply put Bystrica looks beautiful in the ACR dlc, perhaps the most beautiful of all terrains in vanilla/dlc releases.

They are essentially the same place. They just have minor differences. Both are based on the same real life location but modified for gameplay purposes.

They are essentially the same place. They just have minor differences. Both are based on the same real life location but modified for gameplay purposes.

Thanks for clarification. Name of the real place both terrains are based on? I would like to see some pictures.

Thanks for clarification. Name of the real place both terrains are based on? I would like to see some pictures.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131108-Where-in-the-world-is-Takistan&p=2131206&viewfull=1#post2131206

Usti nad Labem district, N. Czech Republic. Bukovina and airport correspond to Vybor area in Chernarus (Lucni Chvojno IRL). Bystrica = Chernogorsk/Elektro region.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131108-Where-in-the-world-is-Takistan&p=2131206&viewfull=1#post2131206

Usti nad Labem district, N. Czech Republic. Bukovina and airport correspond to Vybor area in Chernarus (Lucni Chvojno IRL). Bystrica = Chernogorsk/Elektro region.

Thanks!

For those interested, here's what I found (might not be accurate though) these are pictures from the two locations in real life that look similar or remind of fictional locations in A2, they are also in HD and direct links, I used a special tool to compare screenshots from the game with actual locations (reverse search) and then used location names so this is what popped up (Use zoom tool for full quality if needed):

Valleys and hay/wheat rolls - http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/190/6/e/field_in_lucni_chvojno_by_pildik-d3lhmt6.jpg

Electricity grid and the small white "house" - http://www.chvojensko.cz/userfiles/image/chvojensky-region/zdar_03.jpg

This one reminds me of a location in Chernorus, exactly same view, same house placements, same hill in distance, but I can't remember the name at all, I shot many tanks from this exact position, particularly in Evolution FFA II as it tends to appear more often - http://www.chvojensko.cz/userfiles/image/chvojensky-region/zdar_02.jpg

Open valleys and hills - http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0511/6/6853/6853663_9bad4d933912e9d8ad43a0eb36b08d22/images/Fotografie0123.jpg

More of those rolls and open valleys, some houses as well - http://img5.rajce.idnes.cz/d0511/6/6853/6853663_9bad4d933912e9d8ad43a0eb36b08d22/images/Fotografie0101.jpg

Reminds me of a farm in Chernorus, even the shape is same, take a look at those fences as well - http://www.foxridersranch.cz/pictures/originals/p-n1327515238-ranch-z-pastviny.jpg

"Bystrica" you can even see the hill in ex Chernogorsk river banks, and even land (sea in Chernorus) - http://c590298.r98.cf2.rackcdn.com/GER4_002.JPG

Road to "Elektrozavodsk" not sure, but does resemble - http://yachting.my-home24.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/River_Elbe-Valley_of_Elbe_near_D%C4%9B%C4%8D%C3%ADn-Czech_Republic-Che.jpg

The big view, notice colorful trees and the castle in distance - http://citydestinations.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/europe-czech-republic-labske-nature-piskovce.jpg

The "Devil's Castle" perhaps - http://debbieclaxton.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/13.jpg

"Chernogorsk" Cut off the bridge, sea side land and you can almost see it, specially the tall building in the middle - http://debbieclaxton.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/12.jpg

Official website with lots of photos - http://www.usti-nad-labem.cz/en/

Quick question, as a friend for some odd reason doesn't want to purchase ACR. Does ACR Lite patch come with the new cut out (maps) as well? Or just the lower res models/textures? So we can still play together.

One more thing I'd like to raise up. Has anyone found how to create the dog missions in a custom way in the editor? Along with using the flooded feature? I have yet to find anything written or talked about it.

-cheers

Edited by KilrBe3

buy BAF...maybe PMC....DON'T buy ACR. BAF is by far the best DLC they've done, PMC was ok, ACR is pure garbarge in its current state, alot needs fixing and the maps are just sized down versions of what you already have in Chernarus

BAF is by far the best DLC released and well worth its price. It has high quality unit models and textures as well as a good selection of missions that are amongst the best of the default content of the series. The quality of the content is consistently good. As a result there has been plenty of community created content that makes use of this DLC. It set a standard that alas was not matched by its subsequent successors.

The PMC DLC does not add the same improvement over the Lite version compared to BAF. The mercenary units and vehicles tend to be monocoloured so except for a few checkered shirts there are few textures really showing a marked improvement when sporting the HQ texturing. It adds an action movie inspired campaign and some additional missions which will appeal to those who like that sort of thing.

The ACR DLC is a substandard release which was shipped as soon as it compiled. It has numerous bugs and failings across the board indicative of an absent quality control process. It would require substantial effort to bring the content up to par. In its current form it is in my opinion not worth getting. Unless its problems are addressed in a patch it suffices for screen shots, not any actual use.

Regards,

Sander

Edited by sander

I just finished Wind Storm, and my game keeps freezing when I try to load Dum Spiro Spero. As soon as I click the 'continue' button.

It even froze right after I finished Wind Storm heading into the next level.

Any ideas on how to get this mission working? thanks!!!

Oh and ACR is flawed at times, but when it gets it right, its awesome!

ps. 100% vanilla arma 2 (no dayz) w/ all dlcs. v.1.6295

Edited by xFullBoost
more info

BAF is by far the best DLC released and well worth its price. It has high quality unit models and textures as well as a good selection of missions that are amongst the best of the default content of the series. The quality of the content is consistently good. As a result there has been plenty of community created content that makes use of this DLC. It set a standard that alas was not matched by its subsequent successors.

The PMC DLC does not add the same improvement over the Lite version compared to BAF. The mercenary units and vehicles tend to be monocoloured so except for a few checkered shirts there are few textures really showing a marked improvement when sporting the HQ texturing. It adds an action movie inspired campaign and some additional missions which will appeal to those who like that sort of thing.

The ACR DLC is a substandard release which was shipped as soon as it compiled. It has numerous bugs and failings across the board indicative of an absent quality control process. It would require substantial effort to bring the content up to par. In its current form it is in my opinion not worth getting. Unless it problems are addressed in a patch it suffices for screen shots, not any actual use.

Regards,

Sander

I couldn't write it better.

ACR doesn't add much. IMHO, the campaign isn't of much interest, but then again I never liked ArmA campaigns because I used ArmA series for the sandbox and online multiplayer the most. What ACR does bring is Bystrica terrain, sure it's a remake of Chernarus, but looks a lot better and by far it's the most realistic looking terrain of all terrains in A2 (except user made ones that is) So should you buy it? If you can run ArmA 2 on highest settings it's worth it. If you are going to use Bystrica terrain it's worth it even more, but other than that you don't really need to.

I agree on BAF, great DLC, but same as for ACR, it's not mandatory.

ACR doesn't add much. IMHO, the campaign isn't of much interest, but then again I never liked ArmA campaigns because I used ArmA series for the sandbox and online multiplayer the most. What ACR does bring is Bystrica terrain, sure it's a remake of Chernarus, but looks a lot better and by far it's the most realistic looking terrain of all terrains in A2 (except user made ones that is) So should you buy it? If you can run ArmA 2 on highest settings it's worth it. If you are going to use Bystrica terrain it's worth it even more, but other than that you don't really need to.

I agree on BAF, great DLC, but same as for ACR, it's not mandatory.

Bystrica is one of the most gorgeous terrains I have ever seen. I love how ACR is centered around Summer, and gives a much greener feeling and colors stand out more. That right there, is a #1 reason to get ACR. But I do agree, The Campaign is nothing great (but neither were any ARMA campaign IMHO). Like most, I don't play ARMA for the Official SP missions.

I highly recommended ACR personally though. I love the units, their camo, they have nice APC & Dingo. Plus their weapons are pretty cool IMHO.

If I had too, I would tell someone to buy the DLC in this order. BAF > ACR > PMC. PMC IMHO, was nothing great either. It has some nice Unit models and vehicles/helicopter. Besides that, its nothing more or better than ACR. (unless you play DayZ often, than I'd suggest PMC regardless). But for me, I'd rate ACR a nicer DLC than PMC.

Just one question I have, does ACR come with Bystrica & other cut outs? Or only the units & low res models/textures? Curious, as a friend doesn't have access to money til next paycheck, and wanted to check out the Lite patch. Or does it follow the PMC/BAF route, and the new maps are only in the Full?

-Cheers!

Edited by KilrBe3

Bystrica is one of the most gorgeous terrains I have ever seen. I love how ACR is centered around Summer, and gives a much greener feeling and colors stand out more. That right there, is a #1 reason to get ACR. But I do agree, The Campaign is nothing great (but neither were any ARMA campaign IMHO). Like most, I don't play ARMA for the Official SP missions.

I highly recommended ACR personally though. I love the units, their camo, they have nice APC & Dingo. Plus their weapons are pretty cool IMHO.

If I had too, I would tell someone to buy the DLC in this order. BAF > ACR > PMC. PMC IMHO, was nothing great either. It has some nice Unit models and vehicles/helicopter. Besides that, its nothing more or better than ACR. (unless you play DayZ often, than I'd suggest PMC regardless). But for me, I'd rate ACR a nicer DLC than PMC.

Just one question I have, does ACR come with Bystrica & other cut outs? Or only the units & low res models/textures? Curious, as a friend doesn't have access to money til next paycheck, and wanted to check out the Lite patch. Or does it follow the PMC/BAF route, and the new maps are only in the Full?

-Cheers!

Exactly :)

As for the cut out terrains, I have no clue. I know that last official and stable patch for OA brings BAF and PMC as lite and that ACR may have only units models in low res. Your friend can always install OA, make it in CO with A2 or A2 Free and download a single player mission made for Bystrica and then check if it works or not. It doesn't matter if you install the ACR DLC later as the DLC replaces existent units with high res models and terrain detail.

If you've liked Bystrica a lot like me, which seems to be the case, check this out - http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135429-Army-of-the-Czech-Republic-DLC&p=2272887#post2272887

Those are some great reference pictures! Oh I would love to move there in a heartbeat if I could. Find myself a nice farm land & live my life out. While still making Missions, since I'd know first hand the best places, lol! Who knows though, maybe A3 Island will blow me away and I'd want to move their next too! But yes, so far, I am absolutely in love with Bystrica, all my missions I have been planning, I moved over to Bystrica. I hope to see other missions using the place too. Sadly, there is about less than <6 I have found that use it so far. If that.

Im really on the fence for PMC, BAF, and ACR. Can anyone give me reasons why or why not to buy?

Do you enjoy playing official SP missions and campaigns? Do you enjoy having access to a lot of different units, maps, equipment and weapons? If so, definitely buy the DLC:s. If not, they may not add much to your Arma 2 experience. Also, as pointed out already, BAF is by far the best, so if you're only going to get one DLC, get that one. But I think they are all so cheap by now that if you decide to buy, you can just as well get all of them. There's been a lot of complaints about ACR, but I think it's at least as good as PMC.