Sign in to follow this  
twizted

Problem with ArmA II: CO and Steam.

I posted this as a support ticket as well.

Hello, i have a community account on steam that has ArmA II: Combined Operations.

We got this account so we could play the DayZ mod that has recently been released for the game. We had multiple people get on the account to play it when it was available.

Recently those people that played on the community account all purchased Combined Operations for their own, on their own steam accounts.

Now, when we all try to join the same server, the community account isn't able to play on the same server, it says "You were kicked off the game" or "CD Key invalid" which makes no sense because the games were purchased direct from Steam.

We feel this is an ArmA problem and not a steam problem, because we were able to play other games with each other, but when we try to play ArmA II with each other it gives us those errors.

We've all tried reinstalling our games and also tried deleting all profiles on each account (in game as well as in Documents/ArmA II and Documents/ArmA II Other Profiles.

Please help,

Thanks.

Edited by twizted

Does sound CD Key related, each individual PC has to have a legitimate, unique CD Key correctly installed into the registry by the installer (in this case steam), often the best solution is to uninstall, remove all related registry entries then run the installer again as admin with the correct CD Key.

I have the same problem but my Steam is personal, doing what you said Placebo it didn't worked at all, theres a lot of people affected by this problem I've everything to try to solve this problem out and nothing works, I'm now re installing my OS for fourth time and if this doesn't work I don't know what else to do, as Twisted I don't think that my Steam is working wrong or my OS i'm pretty sure that it must be something else.

Regards.

I have the same problem but my Steam is personal, doing what you said Placebo it didn't worked at all, theres a lot of people affected by this problem I've everything to try to solve this problem out and nothing works, I'm now re installing my OS for fourth time and if this doesn't work I don't know what else to do, as Twisted I don't think that my Steam is working wrong or my OS i'm pretty sure that it must be something else.

Regards.

I'm assuming you don't mean you have the same problem pertaining to a community account, but rather CD Key errors? The first step is to run steam as admin, that's always the first step, if that is not working then the next step is to email me your CD Key to check for conflicts Placebo@idea-games.com

I got a reply from CS, they stated that we both had to go to steam>right click CO>properties>local files> Verify game integrity cache.

We both did it and now it works fine.

-T

I got a reply from CS, they stated that we both had to go to steam>right click CO>properties>local files> Verify game integrity cache.

We both did it and now it works fine.

-T

i did this for both Arma2 and OA and it said that one file failed to validate and will be reacquired which they did and it still says "Bad serial number given in setup" i bought both last night and was reslly looking forward to playing please help!!! ive done most everything run as admin, everything but reinstalling the games which id like to aviod since i have really slow net

I'm assuming you don't mean you have the same problem pertaining to a community account, but rather CD Key errors? The first step is to run steam as admin, that's always the first step, if that is not working then the next step is to email me your CD Key to check for conflicts Placebo@idea-games.com

could i do the same thing since i have the same problem

Of course, just need to send details about what version of the game you have, where you bought it from and then specifically what the error is and when you're getting it :)

Hi i got arma 2 and arma oa from sprocket yesterday updated to latest version 1.6 for oa and 1.11 for arma 2 , updated battleye also and i installed the dayz mod with 6 installer any server i try to join i get kicked with the msg you were kicked from the game. I have tryed to reinstall the game nothig has changed please help being trying to fix this since yesterday.

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Hi i got arma 2 and arma oa from sprocket yesterday updated to latest version 1.6 for oa and 1.11 for arma 2 , updated battleye also and i installed the dayz mod with 6 installer any server i try to join i get kicked with the msg you were kicked from the game. I have tryed to reinstall the game nothig has changed please help being trying to fix this since yesterday.

Well can any one answer my question im stuck against a bick wall here

Fixed by uninstalling and deleting reg keys for arma 2. Reinstalled used 6 launcher to install dayz all working fine :)

Edited by Irishbros

I'm having problems with my game too.

i bought it from steam and when i try to join one 9444 patched dayz server, i got the "Bad Version" warning.

When i try to install the 9444 beta patch it gives me the "Wrong CD Key" warning.

So, i've tried to validate cache and it said that one file failed to validate and will be reacquired on both ARMA2 and ARMA2 OA.

So, i'm pretty much stucked here since i dont have nothing else to do besides reinstalling the game which i'd like to avoid for now since my internet is slow,200kpbs. (and i'm not considering giving my CD Key to no one at all)

I'm having problems with my game too.

i bought it from steam and when i try to join one 9444 patched dayz server, i got the "Bad Version" warning.

When i try to install the 9444 beta patch it gives me the "Wrong CD Key" warning.

So, i've tried to validate cache and it said that one file failed to validate and will be reacquired on both ARMA2 and ARMA2 OA.

So, i'm pretty much stucked here since i dont have nothing else to do besides reinstalling the game which i'd like to avoid for now since my internet is slow,200kpbs. (and i'm not considering giving my CD Key to no one at all)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135736-Bad-serial-number-given-in-setup-use-this-thread-for-help