Sign in to follow this  
Sledghem

Cannot adjust "Video Options - Texture Detail & Video Memory", above Normal

I downloaded Arma2:OA from steam a few weeks ago. Downloaded Arma2:Free and the "DayZ mod pack" to play the Mod. I wanted to increase the graphics as I could play on "High" with good FPS. So, I downloaded the Arma2:Anniversary Edition. Installed all the packs.

And now for some reason, I am unable to change "Video Options - Texture Detail & Video Memory" above Low, at first. I reset the Video Options to Default to see if that helped. It did, I was able to set Texture detail & Video Memory as high as Normal but that was it. Fiddled around with Arma2OA.cfg settings but nothing changed.

Here is my Arma2OA.cfg:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=60;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=2;

postFX=3;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=16;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=521453568;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

vsync=0;

AToC=7;

FXAA=0;

I'm running Windows 7 through bootcamp. Here is my System:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version: 6.1.7600 Build 7600

OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

System Model: iMac12,1

System Type: x64-based PC

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2400S CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Hardware Abstraction Layer: Version = "6.1.7600.16385"

Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

Total Physical Memory: 7.98 GB

Available Physical Memory: 5.67 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 16.0 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 13.2 GB

...and the DxDiag Display Results:

Name: AMD Radeon HD 6750m

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0x6741)

DAC Type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Approx. Total memory: 229 MB (I'm not sure this is correct?)

Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Hope this helps, just want to play DayZ in HD.

Well, for one thing your video card is a laptop one, which is not particularly good in the first place. My guess is it uses shared VRAM or something with system RAM, but I'm not sure.

You may not be able to go any higher based on your hardware alone (again, I could be wrong).

Well, for one thing your video card is a laptop one, which is not particularly good in the first place. My guess is it uses shared VRAM or something with system RAM, but I'm not sure.

You may not be able to go any higher based on your hardware alone (again, I could be wrong).

So what does that mean? It was an iMac bought from the apple store in January 2012. It previously DID run on high settings.

Is there a fix for this?

afaik the game requires 256 mb vid ram, your system at this time gives the graphic chip 229 mb of the system ram to work with... that may be where your problem is.

on a "normal" pc i'd suggest to go into the bios and adjust the ram available to video, i have no idea where crapples have that option.

I'm certain that I have 512+ MB VRAM. - I'm going to browse around and see if there is a way to change these settings through EFI.

It was a gift, so the only thing I can do is convert my Mac to a PC, haha.

Then use in your shortcut -maxVRAM=512 parameter and see if that help you. Look this LINK

Then use in your shortcut -maxVRAM=512 parameter and see if that help you. Look this LINK

Okay thank you. I cam across this thread after writing my one, but it didn't seem to help. Is there any way of checking my VRAM? - Or is it dxdiag?

EDIT: This was stupid of course it's dxdiag - Still shows 229 MB, shame there isn't a way to access BIOS through bootcamp.

Edited by Sledghem

Try with GPU-Z :bounce3: or THIS and see how much that graphic card has memory.

Edited by Horus

Hm, this is strange with GPU-Z it is showing that I have 512 MB GDDR5.

Mind BLOWN. But seriously why would dxdiag downgrade the memory I have available?

EDIT: My launch parameters now read: "-mod=@dayz -nosplash -maxVRAM=512", and still no change.

Is it possible that it is to do with the current patch or mod I'm using? How do I check the patch details?

Edited by Sledghem

Hm, this is strange with GPU-Z it is showing that I have 512 MB GDDR5.

Mind BLOWN. But seriously why would dxdiag downgrade the memory I have available?

Are there any settings in Bootcamp that you can adjust to allow more RAM to be used?

I stumbled across THIS, although it's from 2009 it could still be a problem. - Although my video card is an AMD?

I wonder whether Arma2:OA utilizes dxdiag and an incorrect value for allocated memory is being sent?

And...

Are there any settings in Bootcamp that you can adjust to allow more RAM to be used?

I have been looking for a while to change this settings within BIOS and EFI with no luck.

I'm not familiar with Bootcamp or Macs at all, so I can't help you there. But, maybe ask around on some Mac forums?

What do you think about the whole incorrect dxdiag values being sent?

I've read around and information has come up about issues with 8 GB RAM - Which I have.

I have exactly the same problem than you but i have a Radeon HD 6870 ... before it was perfect and i have this bug just after installing windows 7 64bits

I have exactly the same problem than you but i have a Radeon HD 6870 ... before it was perfect and i have this bug just after installing windows 7 64bits

Bonjour, have your read that sticky topic ?

MERCI ! no i search everywhere but didn't find it !