mikie boy

Mp -[Fockers] Most Wanted co-op

Really nice mission, was on my way making a similar mission, but this far more advanced than i could have made. A little request is to not have the unit classnames hardcoded in the scripts but instead have something like FOCK_WEST_RIFLEMAN variables and then a unitconfig.sqf run in the init to make it easier to convert the mission to different mods, was looking at converting it to SFP mod but not feeling up to scanning all the scripts for classnames :)

unfortunately you are spot on on the issue with the class names - it is a little pain to change - in fairness this mission was made in order to improve my scripting so it was patched together. Most of the enemy instantiated are within the terrorsupport folder if that helps at all - the other place is on the tasks>opforreinforce and tasks>opforstart. dont think i have them anywhere else

thanks for playing it :)

The great thing about Arma is you can poke around here and find a great mission you somehow missed before!! Thanks for releasing this (I know I'm a bit late to the party)

Did a persistent version ever appear? If so I'd love to take a look at it.

Cheers for that.. glad u enjoyed. I have a slightly updated version on our server. By persistent what do u mean? Save stats etc or continual map?

Ah yea. Now I getcha. I funnily enough have just finished coding the database scripts. Position. Weapons. Etc. All working... but not sure if ill lob it into this or use it with A3 and create A new game from scratch.

Ah yea. Now I getcha. I funnily enough have just finished coding the database scripts. Position. Weapons. Etc. All working... but not sure if ill lob it into this or use it with A3 and create A new game from scratch.

That's a tough question.. Arma2 isn't going anywhere anytime soon though. What about using A2 version to test your DB stuff then look to moving to A3 closer to beta release?

Also if you need a server that runs mysql to test fire me a PM

Nice thought, but not sure there is the interest in this game mode. The guys on the team enjoy it, as it was designed as something between insurgency and Domination. I suppose i could chuck the code in and through it out for you to try. Ill see in next week or so.

Nice thought, but not sure there is the interest in this game mode. The guys on the team enjoy it, as it was designed as something between insurgency and Domination. I suppose i could chuck the code in and through it out for you to try. Ill see in next week or so.

Don't worry about it I don't want to take up your time for a personal request. To be honest I'm more interested in how you set it up for PDB as my knowledge of SQL is.. shall we say... limited :p

when i have finished completing mysql files and testing, and firefly gets the new plugin out, ill try and put out a short tutrorial using xamp

That would be great!! Just to clarify I know how to setup the actual DB in mysql and get it connected using @arma2net.. it's more along the lines of doing the actual work of creating the .sql file and making it work with the mission itself.

Anyway thanks!!

Yeah sure no problem - best thing to do is use arma2netmysql plugin, download the example mission and tear it apart. Also buy a book on sql to make it easier- SQL in easy steps is a good little handy book. I only said Xampp as i trried with mysql and it was a bit complicated from the outset. Anyway - when i get these done ill try and PM you - be a while yet.

Yeah sure no problem - best thing to do is use arma2netmysql plugin, download the example mission and tear it apart. Also buy a book on sql to make it easier- SQL in easy steps is a good little handy book. I only said Xampp as i trried with mysql and it was a bit complicated from the outset. Anyway - when i get these done ill try and PM you - be a while yet.

Well that is weird my order from Amazon arrived earlier in the week... with that exact book inside! Good to know I got the right one then :p

I just found your scripting tutorials, Mikie, and would love to be able to mes with this mission in the A3 environment. Is there a way for me to port this to Arma 3? It looks like arma 3's CBA would need to e implemented somehow.