Sign in to follow this  
jedra

Take On Stickers!

With the release of Take On Noisecontrollers we can now have stickers - yeah!!!!

WUt8Ee9XEZ0

Check out the Noisecontrollers DLC to see how the professionals do it though!

Edited by Jedra
my spelling gets worse!

Wow, just saw the NC release trailer!:yay: The music got me jumping in front of my PC!:bounce3:

Nice to see the copilot`s hand moving to the music.

Edited by EagleEye[GER]

Before NC DLC I don`t care about these Time Trials, but with that music...

Well, my first trys:

EagleEye-SoHigh.jpg

3:35.865 seems really hard to beat.

So High is one of the hardest of these - lots of different techniques to put into practice flying round those buildings. My best on this was 04:32.935.

Here's my times so far...

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]So High[/TD]

[TD]4:32.935[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pillars Of Creation[/TD]

[TD]6:47.048[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Faster 'n Further[/TD]

[TD]8:26.606[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gimme Love[/TD]

[TD]5:25.604[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Unite[/TD]

[TD]3:51.829[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Summer In The City[/TD]

[TD]2:44.554 (G)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Universe Was Born[/TD]

[TD]4:19.429[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Moonraker[/TD]

[TD]2:29.582 (B)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]E=nc2[/TD]

[TD]2:45.480 (S)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Yellow Minute[/TD]

[TD]4:26.468[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Shreek[/TD]

[TD]5:51.194[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Ctrl.Alt.Delete[/TD]

[TD]5:11.973[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Stella Nova[/TD]

[TD]3:15.397[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Big Bang[/TD]

[TD]4:10.248[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

In a nutshell though, they are very, very hard!! DnA is some pilot to get the times he did - even if he did design the courses!

The music is very jolly too!

Jedra, can you please explain to me how to add those stickers? Also, is it possible to add them to all helis including Hind or only to "light"?

Hi BeePee,

I think the easiest way is to give you the example. You can download my stickered helo here.

If you de-pbo it and have a look at the cfg you will see how I did it. Note that in this DLC there is a new model included which you have to refer to get stickers to work(again in the config). Consequently I don't think the technique will work for anything but the light at the moment.

Perhaps DnA can confirm? Also what would be great is a photoshop template for the stickers layer - it's quite hard to line them up at the moment!!

Hi, just wondering. Would anyone know if I have to wait for Steam to update with noise controllers, or should I just download and install regardless of owning the Steam version?

Usually I'd wait for Steam, but the download page doesn't mention needing to this time.

I don't think it needs steam - the installer only creates a registry entry and adds Noisecontrollers as a folder to your ToH folder - I would say go for it.

Excellent! Thanks for speedy response. Need a break from zeds and have the flying bug. :)

EDIT: Yay! Just to confirm it worked.

Edited by Mjr.Hassle

Perhaps DnA can confirm? Also what would be great is a photoshop template for the stickers layer - it's quite hard to line them up at the moment!!

Correct, just the Light at this moment, and just the Light model that came with the DLC. Since it is a nice feature, perhaps we can consider moving it over to the other classes. We'll definitely release a template with UV layer to 'guide' you; along with the Hinds template :)

The NC times especially are very, very tough. Most trials will have some special tricks you need to discover and which will usually shave off tens of seconds. For the first one the loop around the scraper is one example; look at the trailer for a clue. Also: the direct path will not always be the fastest in the end. Safety instructors will not like me for this one, but keep pushing for yellow and near-red warnings.

I believe we still intend to roll out this DLC on Steam automatically, but there's no technical reason why you cannot install it using the released installer :cool:

Tnx Jedra for explaination and nice example.

Since it is a nice feature, perhaps we can consider moving it over to the other classes. We'll definitely release a template with UV layer to 'guide' you; along with the Hinds template :)

Yes please!

I´ve just beaten my best time on TT01. Still so far away...:j:

EagleEye-SoHigh.jpg

BTW: Is there a way to record a track and to playback it with different camera angels?

The new TTs are REALLY challenging. Just flew So High for the first time:

http://www.abload.de/img/toh_ncttdvu6p.jpg

I need to practice a LOT more.

But where is the time? So much to play:

The Witcher 2 EE on Dark Mode, Arma 2: PR, DayZ, TOH, DCS ...

And with all of that to play I've got to take care of my Exams...

I definitely need MORE time! Last weekend I spend surviving in the wilderness of Chernarus for too long already.

Edited by Derbysieger

;2149779']BTW: Is there a way to record a track and to playback it with different camera angels?

Unfortunately not - it would be great if sometime in the future we had something like this (kind of like in DCS). It's a lot of information for the engine to save though. Maybe they will surprise us in Arma 3 and port the results in the ToH engine.

Unfortunately not - it would be great if sometime in the future we had something like this (kind of like in DCS). It's a lot of information for the engine to save though. Maybe they will surprise us in Arma 3 and port the results in the ToH engine.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129897-Unit-Rec-play-Camera-training

bT3ic02VO3s?hd=1

q5mSFBHI7iY?hd=1

Edited by hon0

And people are working on a replay feature right now using the callExtension interface. :)

When I get some time I'll try to record a ghost of a NC run using what hon0 pointed out :)

The new TTs are REALLY challenging. Just flew So High for the first time:

http://www.abload.de/img/toh_ncttdvu6p.jpg

4:04.434 Wow, nice! Would like to see how you did it. Especialy these rings nearby that high skyscraper.:icon_rolleyes:

I recorded my try via fraps, have to edit and upload it to YT.

Thanks for the answers regarding record and replay. I better wait for a interface, don`t know a thing about scripting and functions and the like...:icon_frown:

Well I didn't record it. I did some sort of slide around the tower, almost lost control. I think when you manage to get this part perfect you will be good because the rest is certainly challenging but you can fly at high speeds.