Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Arma 2 Geocache/ ArmaKešing!

logorxz.jpg

Dedicated Arma fan and ardent Geocacher RincewindCZ contacted us to ask if we’d spread the word about a special Armaversum Geocache he created. The Geocache has a “Stary Sobor†theme using the same geographic data that we used in the creation of Arma 2. Because the basic Geocache rules are that it must not be commercial it doesn’t contain the name of Arma but of course as any Arma fan will know it’s all the same thing! This is RincewindCZ’s first attempt at a Geocache and he has future plans for more complex and intriguing Arma themed Geocaches.

cache2.jpgcache1.jpg

A special trackable Travel Bug has been created along an Arma2 theme, if you find this RincewindCZ has a special request, that you take a picture of it in some kind of military themed setting (museums, battlefields, graves, uniform, fortifications, soldier, vehicles, models etc etc).

81699591.jpg

For more information check out the ArmaKešing Facebook page created for the geocache, this includes information and pictures of the cache, as well as some really cool “real life versus virtuality†photos:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]148[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]149[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]150[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]151[/ATTACH]

This thread will be updated with news of the Geocache :)

Arma 2 Travel Bug (A2TB) was moved from starting location!

It was taken to trip to 5 old bunkers (we requested photos and other activities bound with military made by each Arma 2 TB founder) in vicinity of Ústí nad Labem.

7d54aff4-e0d4-487b-801b-a26c92662c26.jpg97c47ef8-f641-4741-8db6-1d2ae963d7b9.jpg

Arma 2 Travel Bug

Bunker geocache

A2TB was moved after this trip to hard to find / and VERY hard to reach geocache named "Rozjímání s VrkoÄem" !

(Meditation with Roll of hair - Roll of hair is name of unique rock complex with outlook to river Labe valley, you can find water-fall "Vaňovský vodopád" near of this location)

450px-Vrkoc1.jpg

A2TB is waiting for next lucky finder now!

Geocache "Rozjímaní s VrkoÄem"

VrkoÄ info:

Wiki (czech only) and VrkoÄ outlook

You can visit Starý Sobor FB page made by RincewindCZ for more info: http://www.facebook.com/#!/ArmaKesing

Edited by Meddy

Good news for all geocaching loving forum trolls!

We’ve decided to give a gift to all the bold men and women who dares to visit the Starý Sobor themed geocache.

Follow these rules and you will receive a special forum title “Explorerâ€

1. Use your gaocaching skills or the skills of your friends who are geocachers and visit the Starý Sobor geocache.

2. Take a photo of yourself with the cache log book showing your signature

3. Post your photo in this thread

It’s time to move your lazy behinds and check the real place which appears in Arma 2.

Starý Sobor geocache:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a373fcf2-117e-4d76-83b7-ba62f1f98054

Starý Sobor FB page:

http://www.facebook.com/ArmaKesing

Arma 2 Travel Bug:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?guid=7f44a5a3-2385-4c3c-b09f-ee9eb9ef14c2

If you have any questions regarding Stary Sobor geocache or geocaching in general, visit Facebook page and place your question here or send email directly to geocache owner RincewindCZ

Geocache Stary Sobor was visited by Armaversum fan:

zonda99 found Stary Sobor (Traditional Cache) at 5/25/2012

Log Date: 5/25/2012

Tak toto byla bomba a naprosto exkluzivní záležitost. :) Perfektní stylová schránka a další vychytávky. Ze schránky odebrána jedna pěkná pohlednice Starého (Lipová) Soboru.

Také jsem zavzpomínal na jednu ze svých nejoblíbÄ›nÄ›jších her - Operaci Flashpoint. DoteÄ jsem netuÅ¡il, že Bohemia Interactive pro Armu 2 použily místní mapové podklady. Dnes jsem také navÅ¡tívil zříceninu hradu Zub :). Už se těším na další keÅ¡ky v této váleÄnÄ›simulaÄní sérii. JeÅ¡tÄ› jednou díky.

Visit this log entry at the below address:

http://coord.info/GL88XC6M

Visit Traditional Cache

Stary Sobor

http://coord.info/GC3H9HT

Profile for zonda99:

http://coord.info/PR633A2

Edited by Meddy

Geocache Postcards

There are special themed postcards placed at the Stary Sobor geocache. They are free to take for all visitors, we made them to support this very original project.

Postcards are available only at the cache, there is no other chance to get them.

postcard%201%20small.jpg

Stary Sobor Church

postcard%202%20small.jpg

Aerial view of Stary Sobor

postcard%203%20small.jpg

Overview from the Stary Sobor geocache position

Edited by Placebo

Damn, too bad I don't have the money to travel! I'd love to visit and explore these locations! Without the money all I can do is follow this thread and drool! Can't wait for more updates!

We will do our best to bring you accurate recon corporal :)

Pity that it is not in the place where I once had to dig ;) ... But I look forward, to when I have a little more time. I'll definitely do another trip, but unfortunately this time not so much full of action :rolleyes:

We can´t use same place all the time and let you dig there second time. I hope you will enjoy this location´s lookout together with free postcard waiting for you dear UnuldorCZ aka Forum Hero :)

True, that place is full of good memories :D ... I think I'll visit it again, while I'll be in the vicinity.

Good news, there was 50th visitor at Stary Sobor geocache today!

Wow, Stary Sobor has the original barn that you used for all the other towns. Do you know what it's used for in real life?

Hi Maturin, you can find those system buildings in many villages over countryside. They are used mostly as.. well.. as barns ie agriculural storehouses for livestock feedstuff, hay, straw etc.

Pictures of original barn:

barn1.jpg

Romantic overview with barn

barn2.jpg

Closer look

barn3.jpg

Barn and unknown farmhand

wow, wonderful )

no - CAPTURE it !! :P

noticed slightly better-made vegetation&water than ingame ;)

also inhabitants can be more cutier too [*imagine angry [female?]mob with chainsaw*].

but thats.... summer, not fall, like in ingame -)

kinda could be cool if Arma2/Arma3 have dynamic time of Year[spring/Summer/Fall/Winter], affecting both appearance and interaction )

Hi Maturin, you can find those system buildings in many villages over countryside. They are used mostly as.. well.. as barns ie agriculural storehouses for livestock feedstuff, hay, straw etc.

Pictures of original barn:

Barn and unknown farmhand

amazing how it reminds me of the game. love to see a winter variant one day. ;)

yeah, procedurally-altering terrain/landscape/islands/weather/physics/animation[skeletal/mechanical-based. instead of cycled/looped static sequences]could be cool.

as well as other "pure-3D" things in engine/content.

We need your brainz to help!

As you know a special trackable Travel Bug has been created along an Arma2 theme, with a special request, that anyone who find him have to take a picture of it in some kind of military themed setting (museums, battlefields, graves, uniform, fortifications, soldier, vehicles, models etc etc).

81699591.jpg

Arma 2 Travel Bug was moved on first journey to hard to find / and VERY hard to reach geocache named "Rozjímání s VrkoÄem"

We hoped for very interesting photos and adventures our Bug will bring, but it is stuck in this hard geocache for months. It is why we decided to start rescue mission.

We have at disposal brave mountaineers who are able to do pick up. Problem is that this geocache has puzzle which has to be solved to get coordinates to first step on way to our Bug. Puzzle is made in czech language, it means all depends on our czech speaking/reading/writing and beer drinking community members.

Click link for Geocache "Rozjímaní s VrkoÄem" and do your best, place your leeds into this thread.

As soon we will have coordinates we will launch an expedition together with report from this mission. Travel Bug will be placed in other better to reach location and starts finaly big journey after this first hard step..

450px-Vrkoc1.jpg

(Meditation with Roll of hair - Roll of hair is name of unique rock complex with outlook to river Labe valley, you can find water-fall "Vaňovský vodopád" near of this location)

Easy ;):

starybarn.jpg

Stary Sobor geocache become popular amongst geocaching community and is highly rated not just by Arma-fans for great idea, setting

and design together with themed gifts.

Last week there were visitorors from distant Estonia "Lisyda" and her friend. They place military rations in tin cans into geocache as a gift.

There is rule to not place rations into gaocaches becose of rodents, insects etc. but rations in tin cans are ok and very Armish :)

Thank you Lisyda!

Visit log entry at the below address (to see all logs you have to become basic geocaching member for free):

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=a373fcf2-117e-4d76-83b7-ba62f1f98054

You can visit Starý Sobor FB page made by RincewindCZ for more info:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/ArmaKesing

cache2.jpg

... Last week there were visitorors from distant Estonia "Lisyda" and her friend. They place military rations in tin cans into geocache as a gift.

There is rule to not place rations into gaocaches becose of rodents, insects etc. but rations in tin cans are ok and very Armish :)

Great to see our Estonian friends found the cache! :) I hope they will share some photos and stories on the forums soon, as they had wonderful time exploring the "Chernarus RL Edition".

Well, I was up there on that hill above Lipova at September 6th but found nothing...maybe due to no kind of GPS or detector.

sam0620v.th.jpg

sam0594d.th.jpg

I also checked the deerstands for weapons and the houses for cans but only found barking dogs.

http://youtu.be/XsANhCVqG94

Edited by Beagle

Well, I was up there on that hill above Lipova at September 6th but found nothing...maybe due to no kind of GPS or detector.

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6995/sam0620v.th.jpg

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/4003/sam0594d.th.jpg

I also checked the deerstands for weapons and the houses for cans but only found barking dogs.

http://youtu.be/XsANhCVqG94

Hi Beagle, it is very nice that you paid visit to famous Stary Sobor geocache, but you have to be member of Geocaching community, use their field manuals, rules, usual equipment and other tools for recoinnassance. You can use help of your friends who are members of GC community to find this cache, or become one with standard membership for free. You can find more info at geocaching.com

EDIT: I talked about your visit with Stary Sobor geocache founder, there is possibility that he can make short trip together with you to show you this cache, if you are interested in let me know and we can try to manage something special for you.

Edited by Meddy

Hi Beagle, it is very nice that you paid visit to famous Stary Sobor geocache, but you have to be member of Geocaching community, use their field manuals, rules, usual equipment and other tools for recoinnassance. You can use help of your friends who are members of GC community to find this cache, or become one with standard membership for free. You can find more info at geocaching.com

EDIT: I talked about your visit with Stary Sobor geocache founder, there is possibility that he can make short trip together with you to show you this cache, if you are interested in let me know and we can try to manage something special for you.

In fact I was more interested in the landscape itself, I did not really seriously exspected to find the cache. Since I won't be in the area again for at least another year a special tour is out of question, but thanks for the offer.