Sign in to follow this  
Appogee

Time for a new Beta...?

Firstly, thanks again to BI for recreating my favourite game of all time. I signed up for the Play & Contribute Beta within minutes of hearing about its availability.

It's been a month since the first P&C Beta was released. I've played it to death, reported the bugs, suggested some enhancements, etc.

Will there be a new Beta released soon? I'd love to be able to play a game with a larger number of islands, and perhaps a few of the more serious bugs (especially the save game crashes which so often deny me victory in the current Beta).

I realise that coding takes time, and I'm prepared to be patient. Just wondering though whether we could get an update which contains the last month's progress.

Just received an e-mail to say a new build is available. so get downloading.

Is there a changelog anywhere - downloading now, but thought I would have a look here while I am waiting!

It sounds like there may well be, see comments here: *snip*

G

Can't access it. As I've just made this account it may be that my having bought the CC Beta hasn't propagated through the system yet. Oh well.

Can't access it. As I've just made this account it may be that my having bought the CC Beta hasn't propagated through the system yet. Oh well.

The feedback site is a different user/login system so you need to create an account for that site

LOL. I haven't received an email about a new version yet. But if so - awesome timing!

LOL. I haven't received an email about a new version yet. But if so - awesome timing!

Same for me ! Iam downloading it right now. Is there somewhere a a Change Log ?

Also it would be very nice if theres a Message on the Homesite that there is a new version. Iam sure the most people dont know theres a upgraded version!

I didn't receive that mail either. How do you upgrade, do you just start that "Sprocket" application again and download the recent version? Is it possible to see which build you've got installed of the BETA?

still downloading the new Beta file myself but the new file has a V2 on the end. Not sure about a version number in the game. I'll check when the d/l completes.

still downloading the new Beta file myself but the new file has a V2 on the end. Not sure about a version number in the game. I'll check when the d/l completes.

OK, but where did you get it?

Got an e-mail from the Bistore to tell me there was a new download with the link in it. Clicked the link and it downloaded and ran Sprocket. Same process as originally.

OK, thought so. Seems not everyone has received that mail. Could you please provide the link, I assume it's not a personal reference.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

Never mind, I took up my old purchase confirmation, and I used the link in the old mail, it retrieves sprocket again, but this time it downloads the beta v2, the old sprocket.exe DIDN'T ;)

So just use the old link in your original mail from them, and replace sprocket, and you should be all set with v2. :D

---------- Post added at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:21 ----------

In the main menu, in the lower right corner, it now states the version number too (v0.7.0912).

I didn't keep the old e-mail and I haven't gotten a new one, what can I do? Is there a download for the new sprocket exe?

NVIDIA surround still gubbed. :(

I may get to play properly one day.

I quite using NVidia surround long ago due to its incompatibility with many games. Most work, but there are too many that don't.

-X