Sign in to follow this  
rocket

DayZ Zombie RPG (Unofficial Mod) Alpha

Indeed you should make the blue chat invisible.

And then what? Everyone starts using global and commander channels.

Great, managed to play it a couple of times but changed my startup string and tried adding the beta to it but keep getting unsigned mod for CBA or something coming up on some, take that out then I get CBA_Main missing etc..

Could someone please post me (of in fact add to fist page ;) ) what the correct startup paramater is in the shortcut for using this MOD along with the BETA?

Thanks.

no Celery.. what he, I , and 100 other arma users want for this mod is to change the size and transparacy of the chats like side. maybe give an option to have a little x in the corner that you can hide it completely.

You know what ruins my game immersion the most? people spamming side chat with random chatter, or such and such has connected, such and such has disconnected, or such and such kicked (battle eye not responding).

Not trying to sound rude, but as far as I can tell, 90% of the players don't care to see this, and would like it removed. At least give us the ability to hide these messages. I hate having a 3rd my screen taken up by all these messages.

Don't say this can't be undone, or hidden.

You guys as devlopers should listen to what the community wants!

With respect sir.

no Celery.. what he, I , and 100 other arma users want for this mod is to change the size and transparacy of the chats like side. maybe give an option to have a little x in the corner that you can hide it completely.

You know what ruins my game immersion the most? people spamming side chat with random chatter, or such and such has connected, such and such has disconnected, or such and such kicked (battle eye not responding).

Not trying to sound rude, but as far as I can tell, 90% of the players don't care to see this, and would like it removed. At least give us the ability to hide these messages. I hate having a 3rd my screen taken up by all these messages.

Don't say this can't be undone, or hidden.

And when someone has something to say to you but isn't in range for direct chat? You don't see their message and you come off as an unpleasant person for not answering. Instead of making other forms of communication totally unreliable and unintuitive, it's better to have an agreed-upon code of conduct to use direct channel whenever possible. Game communities have formed such etiquettes before, and anyone wanting to not be seen as a newbie or a prick quickly learns such etiquette.

Kill messages can be disabled as a server option, and a weak maybe for connect messages.

You guys as devlopers should listen to what the community wants!

When Rocket works on DayZ, it's independent of his day job, i.e. he does it without pay and at the expense of the little free time he has.

.... Pretty hard to team up when you can't chat.

It does of course take the risk out of determining if someone is a bandit or not .... everyone comparing knowledge about player X. Of course they can lie too !

Rocket,

If not already reported. Crossbow has Shadow LOD inperfection

Yeh ... I know, If thats this best bug I can report ..... it must be awesome ;)

EDIT: Boats! Theres Boats ! Awesome

avaSdC0QOUM

TrueUser_IGUI_Text_ExtraSmall - Truemods nailed the GUI before with minimized text, i cant remember who achieved the minimizing of readable chat and repositioning of the chat box lower ? Edited by SnR

I hear people talking about good items in firehouses. Are they talking about the concrete buildings with the enterable towers and large garages?

I hear people talking about good items in firehouses. Are they talking about the concrete buildings with the enterable towers and large garages?

yep.. those

And then what? Everyone starts using global and commander channels.

make everything but direct channel invisible

Does anybody know what the face icon next to the blood, food, and drink indicators means?

BIS should give this guy a medal, raise or at least a day off :)

Probably more then 6 months since i last played ArmA2. ...before this mod.

Now i see guys playing this mod who hasn't played any of the BIS products before.

caused me to buy PMC, would have never bothered if not for this...

Guys can you tell me if..

1)Tents are usable/searchable only for the 'owner'?

2)Repaired Cars e.t.c. are persistent?

Why are hunting knives so rare? I have come across dozens of lee enfields, snipers, crossbows and winchesters, but not a single knife. Or is there some sort of building they like to spawn in?

Anyhow, if you want to take the pressure off the pvp in a natural way, make it easier for people to hunt and live off the land, on their own terms. Then there won't be such a bloodbath on the coast.

It is already quite easy to live off the land if you plan your movement, and I have found at least 10 Hunting knives in my 12 hours on DayZ (server says 12 hours).

By the way, I don't know if this is known, but the Winchester 1866 in reality is not a shotgun, it fired .44 Henry rimfire cartridges, so it makes it slightly strange to use one when you used to own basically the same gun. Also a lever action sound in between shots could be of some use

If it was made a repeating rifle like in reality, then a seperate shotgun would be nice, such as a Mossberg 500. Maybe I am just overly concerned about the Winchester as I have spent 90% of my time in DayZ with one (Haven't died yet).

Is direct chat disabled ? or broken ?...

Is direct chat disabled ? or broken ?...

direct chat only work when you have other players close to you. "sometimes"

both direct chat & direct VON has been know to be buged from the day arma2/oa was released.

direct chat only work when you have other players close to you. "sometimes"

both direct chat & direct VON has been know to be buged from the day arma2/oa was released.

I have used direct chat a lot of times before.... but with Dayz... it seems not to work. Nothing funnier than making zombie noises in direct chat and jumping out of a bush..... until your mate shoots you...lol

I have used direct chat a lot of times before.... but with Dayz... it seems not to work. Nothing funnier than making zombie noises in direct chat and jumping out of a bush..... until your mate shoots you...lol

haha, awesome. :p

It works, sometimes. Though mostly it doesnt and when it doesnt neither the dc text chat doesnt work. Rocket is blaming A2 code atm iirc.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=386

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=186

It works, sometimes. Though mostly it doesnt and when it doesnt neither the dc text chat doesnt work. Rocket is blaming A2 code atm iirc.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=386

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=186

Careful now :)

What I have actually said, was that I no longer directly target DC with my code. However, I use selectPlayer which I believe could have an effect as this is a relatively new command and has many issues that have been well explained and explored by Kju and others. I also group everyone in one group. What I said was that IF it is either of these issues, then there would not be much I could do short of either it being changed in code or in me reversing that functionality (in one large group, using selectPlayer). However, we have reports that when the mod is activated that DC doesn't work even when not on the DayZ server, just on another mission - so its entirely possible that there might be something causing it.

Either way, the solution is not an easy one and needs testing. Identifying the problem then results in me either fixing it in my code, or getting good reproduction steps and including it at a ticket on dev-heaven. But I can't jump to any conclusions now, and given the hackery involved in the mod any speculation on the source is wild at best.

Anyhow, if you want to take the pressure off the pvp in a natural way, make it easier for people to hunt and live off the land, on their own terms.

this would include that campfires spawn right under our feet when we create them, or make them already on fire so that we can find them. i dont know how much time i already wasted by searching for the damn thing. >gamestoper

same goes for tents. first time when i used it, it was gone when i reconnected to the server. i didnt bother to try it out again just to find out that its lost again.>gamestoper

also if i risk to repeat myself here - the totaly userunfriendly inventory system needs an overhaul. i know its default arma2 problem but this mod forces the player to use the inventory way more often than in default arma2 gameplay. >gamestoper

and dropped backpacks are lost forever including everything in it. or when u drop something when u are on or inside a structure, most of the time droped stuff will fall through the floor. >gamestoper

this is all stuff that u come across when u are on ur own and just want to survive outside of towns. i have to fight vs bugs not zombies or other players. i cant enjoy the mod like that at all. but in the end it seems its just me as there is so many full servers 24/7. i wish i could ignore all the flaws like all other players seem to do, but even if i did, well... theres on more thing... flares and chemlights RIGHT IN UR FACE... LOL

sry that was harsh i know... i guess im disappointed

Tents disappearing are a result of the server admins (those providing and running the server), restarting the connecting application when it gets "hung" on startup. This then kickstarts the server into carrying on, but skipping vehicle and tent generation. On busy servers this can happen quite alot as the server is trying to create items and it cannot create them fast enough. So your tent is not lost, vehicles are not lost, but if server administrators don't restart the whole server, and just restart HIVE, then the vehicles and tents won't initialize properly and you get the situation you have described above.

Careful now :)

What I have actually said, was that I no longer directly target DC with my code. However, I use selectPlayer which I believe could have an effect as this is a relatively new command and has many issues that have been well explained and explored by Kju and others. I also group everyone in one group. What I said was that IF it is either of these issues, then there would not be much I could do short of either it being changed in code or in me reversing that functionality (in one large group, using selectPlayer). However, we have reports that when the mod is activated that DC doesn't work even when not on the DayZ server, just on another mission - so its entirely possible that there might be something causing it.

Either way, the solution is not an easy one and needs testing. Identifying the problem then results in me either fixing it in my code, or getting good reproduction steps and including it at a ticket on dev-heaven. But I can't jump to any conclusions now, and given the hackery involved in the mod any speculation on the source is wild at best.

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully you will be able to crush this issue without resorting to wait a patch for OA.