Dwarden

User Monetization of BI's games Audio&Video content(YoutTube,Twitch Partnership etc.)

Youtube is currently asking me these questions to monetize the videos:

"In the public domain?

Primary source establishing public domain status:"

I don't fully understand what it means to be in the public domain. So I'm unsure what exactly to answer them? Is Arma 2 & OA considered to be public domain?

Youtube is currently asking me these questions to monetize the videos:

"In the public domain?

Primary source establishing public domain status:"

I don't fully understand what it means to be in the public domain. So I'm unsure what exactly to answer them? Is Arma 2 & OA considered to be public domain?

Domain normally refers to a website. Public domain would mean a website where anyone can access it. I don't really understand why they would ask that, or what it is asking for.

Domain normally refers to a website. Public domain would mean a website where anyone can access it. I don't really understand why they would ask that, or what it is asking for.

Amazing, you guys don't even know what "Public Domain" means but upload videos with content which is not your IP and monetarize them...

Xeno

Domain normally refers to a website. Public domain would mean a website where anyone can access it.

Nope. Nope. Nope.

"Works in the public domain are those whose intellectual property rights have expired,[1] been forfeited,[2] or are inapplicable. Examples include the works of Shakespeare and Beethoven, most of the early silent films, the formulae of Newtonian physics, and the patents on powered flight."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_domain

Amazing, you guys don't even know what "Public Domain" means but upload videos with content which is not your IP and monetarize them...

Xeno

Well yea, I ask because I care about other peoples IP. What is your point? There is nothing wrong with asking. What amazes me more is that you would rather reword what has just been said except turn it into something belittling rather than answering the question. Makes you wonder how much that person actually knows. Oh well.

And thanks b00ce.

aRaven, I'm pretty sure he was referring to SLiiDE, seeing how he quoted him and all. :)

Yeah, I really didn't have much of an idea so i just took a stab in the dark. Seems as though being wrong makes me some kind of idiot apparently. Thanks b00ce for correcting me nicely ;)

I just wanted to give an update and shout out to Placebo.

After I sent him the pdf and he sent it back with his real signature, youtube FINALLY accepted it and re-monetized most of my ArmA and DayZ videos.

Then a week later I was partnered with TGN and it all didn't matter anyways :p But I FINALLY won. That's what was important to me.

Thanks so much Placebo and BIS in general for taking care of this issue.

For those of you still having problems with youtube over this, I don't know what to say, and I'm sorry :/

-Drum

No-one has still really answered my question; What do i need to fill in on the PDF? Would be helpfull if someone posted a copy of theirs so i can see what i need to change.

Once i've filled it in, do i just send it to Placebo?

They (Youtube) send me this now:

Hi,

Thanks for providing additional information about commercial use rights

for your video. Unfortunately, we were unable to accept the attachment in

the format you provided. Please try sending it again in a different format

such as a pdf or image file.

Can you elaborate more about all the background music in your video?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Alice

The YouTube Team

I send them a Word File Document, already signed by Paul. I use the Word File because I dont know how to edit a PDF file. Can you please send me a signed PDF document, please?

Anyway, im still dont understand why some videos are acepted and others dont, even if I make a 3 part videos of the same mission and only 1 or 2 are ok to monetize for them :s

Open in word, file, save as, choose pdf, save ;)

Oh ok! Thanks Very Much! :)

I hope this time they read it at least, %$&·" ¬¬

Hmm how do I actually go about editing the PDF document without converting it into an image file?

Edit: Nevermind, some additional digging in acrobat reader let me find a way to add text to the document (under "sign")...

So, I've emailed this off to the emails in the first post on two seperate emails, thinking the first might have gone to spam.

Youtube asked me for further proof so I emailed the address' (this is when I sent the entire thing again from a second email thinking I hadn't recieved a response due to spam) and still have yet to receive any response, any ideas?

i just wondered if someone could tell me if they got my e-mail, i have had an email from youtube enquiring for more proof for the use of the game?

If you want to know who got your email and when you need to specify what Email address you sent to.

If you want to know who got your email and when you need to specify what Email address you sent to.

Well its the one my forum account is registered with, as not to put my email up in public, am I still able to email you for a signature Placebo?

Of course :) And I meant which of us you emailed, not which email address you emailed from ;)

Can you confirm that you got my emails? They came from *myforumname*@yahoo.com. Youtube is giving me hell about not having the proper license, I sent them the pdf, but now they are asking for a "written document".

I am going to send you this mail, BUT I am not going to make any money with that.

Why?

I just want to inform BI that I am going to upload vidoes of ArmA2 and I want their approval, thats all.