OMAC

OMAC Mission Pack 1

Oh, and a few soldiers tend to run off and are hard to find, maybe you should not include their death in the mission condition.

Finding roving men, even in the dense forest, is what the UAV thermal optics was made for. It is imperative to hunt down ALL of the raiders who ruthlessly attacked FOB Charger to send a strong message to the ChDKZ before the meeting in Chernogorsk at 1030 hours! ;)

Edited by OMAC

Version 1.19 of Mission Pack released today!

Disabling TARGET also leads to an inability to lock onto targets. Using s/w/q/z keys, one can avoid dive-bombing into the woods most of the time!
No, you still can lock onto targets, but the UAV needs to fly towards the target, you can only lock within a certain forward angle. Which is more often the case when it is doing the dive attacks. But when it is doing those, it not only gets fired upon, but also you cannot steer it in any way, it just does not react as soon as it sees a target.

But in any case the UAV is not fun to use :(

I find it great fun, and use it to great, and lethal, effect. Some patience is required, but I don't have any trouble using it. It adds excellent balance having the UAV get fired upon.

I have never tried steering the UAV (I didn't know one could do that). I will explore how to steer it, and see if I can target objects in doing so with all the UAV targeting disabled.

Edited by OMAC

We used it on coop mode and it was great. It really added to the mission and to our ability to track the enemy forces back to their base.

You can steer it simply by clicking a position on the map, can't you?

Yes, clicking on the map is the only way I have ever known to "steer" the thing. I'm glad that you and the CiA squad had fun with it! :)

The other day I killed all the vehicles by the regional base, but the end wouldn't trigger. I used the UAV to spot two enemy crewman hiding in the forest near the base, and then had my team drive over there and take care of them. All in time for the important 10:30 meeting! ;)

Instead of the tedious BIS-UAV, you could also use the AC-130 script by LurchiDerLurch (which has also an UAV mode) together with Mando missile script for the Hellfires: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?99545-AC-130-Script-for-ARMA2-%280-3%29&p=1635824#post1635824. I'm just playing it in the Lions of Kandahar campaign, and it is really great.

Interesting! Thanks for the info.

Instead of the tedious BIS-UAV, you could also use the AC-130 script by LurchiDerLurch (which has also an UAV mode) together with Mando missile script for the Hellfires: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?99545-AC-130-Script-for-ARMA2-%280-3%29&p=1635824#post1635824. I'm just playing it in the Lions of Kandahar campaign, and it is really great.

The use of an AC-130 for this mission would change it to a whole different mission. I think your point of disliking the UAV made it through. However, given the fact it's just your opinion, I'll give it a rest now.

No, you got me wrong, the script can do an AC-130, but it also can be restricted to a UAV with Hellfires, so it would be a perfect replacement. Anyway, maybe you consider it for your next mission ;)

"Fight to the sea" played on the CiA coop server.

OMAC, if you plan on releasing another version for it you might want to change just a little bit the time of day to workaround the "sights blur" you can see at 3:40.

Cool video. Yes, the sun glare on the sight glass when the sun is at your back can make things difficult! You have to get into the shadow temporarily.

Version 1.20 of Mission Pack released today!

Version 1.21 of Mission Pack released today!

Thanks for the update OMAC! Updating the CiA Coop server.

Just a few tweaks to tighten up Northern Insurgency.... :)

After a successful capture!

81877b256862004.jpg

Edited by OMAC