Sign in to follow this  
ru_disa

How does trim work?

Hello,

I can't figure out how trims work. I mapped pedals trim and forward/backward trim to my sliders, but nothing seems to happen when I apply trim. Also, how does the manual trim/ release trim buttons work? They don't seem to do anything either...

I'm playing in expert mode, with "full realism" settings...

Also, if you have any other hint on how to use trim in genera, I appreciate it!

Thanks for the help

There are no analog trim settings, the sliders won´t work. Trim only works via button-presses (so to set trim you need to tap the button until the desired trim is set).

Manual trim set/release works the following: Position stick until helicopter flies straight and level, hit manual trim set and it will automatically lock the trim to the stick-setting. Release the stick and the helicopter will stay in the set trim state.

Right now, trim is really annoying, and especially in the twitchier helicopters, a chore to work with. If anyone can get this to work with sliders, I´d be happy to hear how you did it.

What´s also necessary is some sort of visual representation of the trim state, otherwise you have to just guess it and flap around with the stick and pedals a lot. Especially if you have an unprecise stick like I do, accurate landings become nigh impossible. For example, for the Hind, trim needs to be set to Y+15, R+5 and P+3 (and you still need to apply pedals right when lifting off to compensate for massive torque increase) for takeoff.

Hope this helps.

Insta

Thanks for the feedback. I'll un-map the trims from the sliders and try again!