Sign in to follow this  
yarxie

Will ARMA3 feature realistic tank armor?

Should be, explosives are more powerful underwater.

I don't know but he said the explosion effect underwater will be different than explosion effect on land. They showed a video of infantry throwing grenades into some caves but it didn't show the explosion because it was inside the caves but the sound was good like a deep boom echoing out from the cave entrances.

Have they changed the throwing animation?

troll award of da century

Have they changed the throwing animation?

They changed all the animations.

I don't know but he said the explosion effect underwater will be different than explosion effect on land. They showed a video of infantry throwing grenades into some caves but it didn't show the explosion because it was inside the caves but the sound was good like a deep boom echoing out from the cave entrances.

Really now... Not wanting to divert further from the tank armor system subject , but this does sound interesting. Just out of curiosity what do you do for a leaving? You did say you saw some of this at GC 2011. Since we did not see this as a press material it means it was a behind closed door thing for industry insiders.

BTW when you say cave, do you mean an actual cave formation in within a hill?

Not that I want to accuse anyone of lying/trolling, but as far as supposed insider information goes, I recommend taking info from someone with a two day old account with a big grain of salt. Anyone can sign up to a forum and start making such claims.

Don't get too excited about it until we have official confirmation. If all this is really true, they will most likely show it at E3.

Booster tell us more and a Dev should please say something. If this is NOT true, then please state it. If it is true and you want to keep the surprise... please say NOTHING ^^ :-)

I'd just like to say, that if all that is in the game finally, the please for GODS SAKE make it more or less bug-free (Beta-Testing with community is a greeeeeaaaat idea) before final release. I bet this game will then be another Blockbuster with silver/gold 90%++ Reviews like OFP once was.

This will throw a lot of cash towards you. I hope it will be... i really do.

make it more or less bug-free

Such a thing does not exist.

Also, amusing that Booster should claim all-new anims at the 2011 GDC, when animation work didn't start until this year. Think about it...

Also, amusing that Booster should claim all-new anims at the 2011 GDC, when animation work didn't start until this year. Think about it...

Damn your logic :( There is no ultimate denail on the damage system since we do have the missing pickup door, but you are right about the animations.

Omg he's a psychic too.

They changed all the animations.

But what did they change specifically about throwing? I mean is it like AA2/3? Is it actually useable in combat?

Edited by Rye

no ultimate denail on the damage system since we do have the missing pickup door

Nope, such a thing is perfectly possible in A2 using the hide animation and damage values.

Also, amusing that Booster should claim all-new anims at the 2011 GDC

Game developers session 2011 in Prague, not GDC. I'm an artist, it was invite only, and the presentation focused on new animation systems.

Well damn, you're probably right, DM... GDC 2011 apparently took place in Feburary 28th that year. That's well before we saw the vids from E3 that year, which showed none of the new animations. Do we know for sure that they only started working on the animations this year though? Could it be that they just decided last E3 that the animations just weren't complete enough to show to the world yet? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out the truth in a few days. :P

EDIT: Only just read Booster's last post. GDS 2011 took place on November 19-20: http://gds2011.ceske-hry.cz/program/

Interesting.

Edited by Dingo8

Not sure why all the hostility so Im not saying anymore until after E3

Sorry Booster, I don't mean any offense, and I'm sure the other members don't either. It's just that the internet is rife with trolls who pretend to have exclusive knowledge of games still under development, so it's hard to know who to trust. So if you are telling the truth, you have my apologies and thanks.

No hostility mate, we are just cautious, if we expect less there is now way we will get out hopes shattered ;) Thanks for the info.

be it true or false :P

Edited by Maio

Ignore them, i bet there are way way more silent readers who would love to know more and only the "haters" taking the word and throw disbelief towards you.

On the other hand, the argument is that you are veeeery new here, no one knows you... Hell you could tell us every sh*t you can imagine... :-)

But please continue to tell us more what you saw.

Did they told specifically that those features will be In ArmA3, or was it just proof of concept? Maybe they do it like often before - the good realistic features first into the Military VBS Series and only the Eye-Candy Stuff into the commercial ArmA Series :-(

I hope not...

Sorry Booster, I don't mean any offense, and I'm sure the other members don't either. It's just that the internet is rife with trolls who pretend to have exclusive knowledge of games still under development, so it's hard to know who to trust. So if you are telling the truth, you have my apologies and thanks.

Yes i support that fully. Thats how it is...

Such a thing does not exist.

I know, i just mean no severe bugs like it was with ArmA2 and ArmA1 upon release... that combined, or resulting-in with the avarage (in percentage scale) below 70% ratings, costet the company a whole lot of money

Edited by mr.g-c

There is always a difference between demonstration/presentation and release/"final" product. Just don't expect that BIS or any other gamedev/publisher will make an ubersim incl. land, air and sea combat....

Oh god please tell me that Booster is not trolling!

Should be, explosives are more powerful underwater.

No actually they are not, the pressure waves travel through the air much more easily than through water.

since LI1944 is out, any chance we see similar tank damage system in ArmA3? It is really impressive!

No actually they are not, the pressure waves travel through the air much more easily than through water.

That depends totally on the explosives used. Nobody in military uses Dynamite in any weapons warheads...

Thats why they also say in the Mythbusters Video, that with the explosives used before - ANFO - it was different. ;-)

That depends totally on the explosives used. Nobody in military uses Dynamite in any weapons warheads...

Thats why they also say in the Mythbusters Video, that with the explosives used before - ANFO - it was different. ;-)

ANFO isn't used very much in the millitary, its mostly used more so in mining and demolition. Because it has a slower pressure wave and more push. They also did that same test with ANFO and it was very similar to the dynamite test. They have revisited that myth several times and the results have been pretty much the same.

Also they proved that the position that your body in has a huge effect on if you survive or not. Which is why they teach navy seals to get into this position if there is an underwater explosion.

In the video the explosion was triggered above the water. Does anyone have any information on what happpens in the case of a subsurface explosion?

Not much since the pressure goes mostly into the air.

Also they proved that the position that your body in has a huge effect on if you survive or not. Which is why they teach navy seals to get into this position if there is an underwater explosion.

I am interested to know what position this is. Did you miss a link?