Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation - WIP

If any good coders with some time on their hands are joining in this might happen a lot faster but atm everyone is short on time.

This is a thing that got discussed a few times, some say that the forces should be modern equipped but personally id say we need a wide range of stuff and that also includes older tanks etc too.

We have them anyway and they are in the works since a long time, yet they still slowly make progress along with Kenjis great t-80U variants.

Well, T-55/-62 were at the active duty military detachments at least 3 years ago, so I may say they represent some current equipment:D Last time they were used in combat in 2008.

Well, T-55/-62 were at the active duty military detachments at least 3 years ago, so I may say they represent some current equipment:D Last time they were used in combat in 2008.

I've seen pictures of Russian T-62s in SO but as far as I heard the T-55s were Ossetian. In any case we are not looking to represent any specific time with this mod, we want to have many vehicles that are iconic to brilliance of russian military construction bureaus. We will make some very modern stuff, rest assured, but we will also have the golden oldies :)

Soul, any chanse for СÐУ some like Paladin?!

I've seen pictures of Russian T-62s in SO but as far as I heard the T-55s were Ossetian. In any case we are not looking to represent any specific time with this mod, we want to have many vehicles that are iconic to brilliance of russian military construction bureaus. We will make some very modern stuff, rest assured, but we will also have the golden oldies :)

If I'm not mistaken, T-55s were taken out of service from some Far East district detachments about a year ago. There was a photo thread at militaryphotos.net from that event.

I can help you for ACE if you want.

Best would be if you contact Soul about it via PM, hes closer to the coding than any of us i think.

Looking forward to this really promising russian-power addon!!! :bounce3:

By the way, I've got some knowledge about config and O2 (I worked some time on the swiss-mod for A2 before I lost contact with the mod leader :()

Edited by schroeder

but we will also have the golden oldies :)

Good to hear, I love russian equipment its so ugly and sexy at the same time.

Are you looking at doing some helos coughmi28'ncough....

Good to hear, I love russian equipment its so ugly and sexy at the same time.

Are you looking at doing some helos coughmi28'ncough....

you never know :rolleyes2:

:hyper:

I Live in hope PuFu.

I think tins photo pretty much narrows down what is awesome... - among many others of course... ;)

798px-Soviet_big_7.jpg

i have a question ... i've seen in picture a T-72 varient used by the east germany as a utility vehicule, is there any russian varient ?

picture : http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1864/t72fahrschulpanzer1.jpg ( over 100kb )

There are hell alot variants of T-72 , well most of them uses only the T-72 chassis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-72_operators_and_variants

How about RHS decals system? Current one is random, will it be with the same abilities like that in your OFP addons?

Also, now the script system that displays additional stuff on the BTRs, BMDs and T-80s doesn't work well - often it displays random parts instead of needed ones. It would be nice if it will be adjusted.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

i have a question ... i've seen in picture a T-72 varient used by the east germany as a utility vehicule, is there any russian varient ?

picture : http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1864/t72fahrschulpanzer1.jpg ( over 100kb )

That looks like a Tank Driver Training Vehicle (FAB 172M driver training vehicle)

@RHS, great news on the MOD, im looking forward to seeing what goodies you have in store for us, what you released in OFP was awesome :)

Edited by R0adki11

Correct me if im wrong as im no scripter or even have any skill with the editor but isnt there a part in the readme that explains how to set gear and decals to your liking?

Afaik only the T-80 gear is random, the decals should be free to choose by the mission maker.

About things liek engineer variants of vehicles, yes i really hope we can add such stuff too but for now we dont really have anything in the pipeline in these regards.

Maybe Lazarus and his great eye for lil details can help there later.

Correct me if im wrong as im no scripter or even have any skill with the editor but isnt there a part in the readme that explains how to set gear and decals to your liking?

Afaik only the T-80 gear is random, the decals should be free to choose by the mission maker.

About things liek engineer variants of vehicles, yes i really hope we can add such stuff too but for now we dont really have anything in the pipeline in these regards.

Maybe Lazarus and his great eye for lil details can help there later.

yep, there's the command in the read me normaly

I'm glad it was finally announced. Though they still have no idea what to expect, luckly to us... :D

A readme...what a novel idea!

You RHS guys think of everything.

The thing with the decals that even now on the released rhs addons they are fully and completely customizable. The reason why it is not currently documented is that the complexity of the decal scripts has come out of the scope of simple mission add. The scripts are uber flexible. We are able to customize 1 p3d with many versions/ positions/ different kinds of randomization of decals/numbers. And while the decal scripts are the same for all, every type of vehicle has a completely unique customization and different set of procedures of configuration. I am thinking about how to document it in a user friendly manner, but for now we just put it into the "just for looks" box.