dslyecxi

ShackTac Littlebird Enhancement Mod (beta)

Fuckin' aye, Dsylecxi you done made my day this is great! c:

Hello,

I apologize for posting in such an old thread, however I don't believe my question warrants a new topic.

I have been trying out the Vanilla test version and am experiencing some odd behavior I cannot pin down.

The mod seems to cause player units to have "invincibility" sometimes, honestly it seems to happening arbitrarily.

Sometimes in single player (editor) sometimes not. Sometimes in Multiplayer (or not).

I completely understand that this essentially an abandoned mod, However I'm hoping that someone else has already dealt with this issue and may have helpful advice to share.

I can see from looking in the mod files that there is something about an addeventhandler and damage. I'm guessing that's to prevent the friendly fire issues caused by how the mod has to work.

Now, I would understand if this only prevented FF, What's happening though is my player unit cannot take damage from direct fire from enemy units (being shot point blank) but not everytime.

Sometimes the player unit can be killed. I just can't make heads or tails of it.

Could it somehow be tied to the vanilla wounding modules being active or not? Or if the mission has been PBO'd or not?

Frankly this mod is just too useful for me to abandon it's use, if only I could understand the missing variable of what sets off the player unit damage issue......

Thanks for reading this, Any info would be greatly appreciated!

There are a few instances in the code where an allowDammage is set on the player to avoid strange behavior in Arma. In the most recent (ACE, and unreleased) version, a simple [] spawn {sleep 2; player allowDammage true}; is done after every instance of this as a failsafe. That would sort it out - but as I'm no longer maintaining this as a public mod currently, or supporting the vanilla version, I'm afraid you'll have to make the changes yourself.

Thank you for the reply, I can imagine you are a busy guy and I very much appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

I'll see what I can accomplish on my own. And just so there are no misunderstandings, Any changes I make will be kept private.

Thank you again for this, and quite frankly for everything shacktac does. You guys (and gals) are a continuing inspiration for all of us.

hey dsl, would you mind if we put it into our choppers in unsung mod? the cayuse, kiowa, sioux and hueys?

Hello,

Apologies for posting to an old thread, but is it okay for this script to be used in our DayZ Epoch server?

Thanks!

Hello,

Apologies for posting to an old thread, but is it okay for this script to be used in our DayZ Epoch server?

Thanks!

Ehm....wait what??? So you want to tell me you gonna try to use ShackTac LBE Mod for DayZ, whích could work if your server and your clients have the Addon! Also please tell me what do you mean with ACE-Free Version??

Chris

Ehm....wait what??? So you want to tell me you gonna try to use ShackTac LBE Mod for DayZ, whích could work if your server and your clients have the Addon! Also please tell me what do you mean with ACE-Free Version??

What we're trying to do is allow players to shoot from the skids of Little Bird helos, so Shacktac's Little Bird Enhancement mod looks like the best idea. If we get the go ahead from Dslyexci, we'll try using scripts in the mission file first, so that no new addons have to be installed on the server and client machines, it's just a relatively simple edit of the mission file.

If that doesn't work, then the server owner may scrap the idea completely since we don't really want to have to make our players install a custom mod separate from DZE just to shoot out of littlebirds.

Of course it will have to be tested, not sure if we will encounter issues with littlebirds in DZE since they are spawned from traders, from the DB or built by players etc.

Can't tell anything thus far, we haven't even downloaded or looked at the script, no point in doing so until we get the go-ahead.

ACE-free or "vanilla" refers to being usable with Arma 2 without requiring the Advanced Combat Environment mod.

the littlebird addon uses new animations so good luck doing that without a mod.

There are a few instances in the code where an allowDammage is set on the player to avoid strange behavior in Arma. In the most recent (ACE, and unreleased) version, a simple [] spawn {sleep 2; player allowDammage true}; is done after every instance of this as a failsafe. That would sort it out - but as I'm no longer maintaining this as a public mod currently, or supporting the vanilla version, I'm afraid you'll have to make the changes yourself.

This mod crashes my game when starting my own (non dedicated server), when I remove this mod ... it no longer crashes.

I am using latest version of Ace, and arma OA. Anyone have any ideas?

I have also had problems in the past. I don't use the mod now. But I'm sure it was related to being mixed with other mods. Are you running any other mods ?

Have you tried it with just the vanilla game ?

:)