Sign in to follow this  
Gambon

Very slow transport!!!

Hello, i am from Russia and I have a suggestion!!!

You need to implement a lower gear in the transport, cause when people ride on the tanks up the hill at a speed of 5 km / h, it looks funny, cause in real life tanks can go 30 km/h up the hill. I do not know whether the reduced transmission of American technology, but in Russian it is accurate. I think? that very important, cause when you go with speed 5 km/h anyone can shoot you with the RPG.

I think it needs to be implemented in the next patch.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hello, i am from Russia and I have a suggestion!!!

You need to implement a lower gear in the transport, cause when people ride on the tanks up the hill at a speed of 5 km / h, it looks funny, cause in real life tanks can go 30 km/h up the hill. I do not know whether the reduced transmission of American technology, but in Russian it is accurate. I think? that very important, cause when you go with speed 5 km/h anyone can shoot you with the RPG.

I think it needs to be implemented in the next patch.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hmm, you do raise a valid point, not just with armored vehicals but all vehicals in general are very slow to go up hill, as well as off road there are sometimes major drops in performance (e.g drops of 20-30km/s when going from dirt road to dirt areas) where in reality you would either attempt to continue at a constant speed or shift to a lower gear not drop down and stay at a slow speed (talking road to grass-dirt in tracked military vehicals due to their differences from civilian vehicals)

I think tanks in arma 2 isn't realistic, cause in real life abrams can't jump and in arma they can, and russian tanks have stabilization system and in arma they haven't, and i think you need to realize this important things in arma and you need to change the suspension of tanks, and make it possible to control the tower from the keyboard.

Please realize this in next patch.

I think tanks in arma 2 isn't realistic, cause in real life abrams can't jump and in arma they can, and russian tanks have stabilization system and in arma they haven't, and i think you need to realize this important things in arma and you need to change the suspension of tanks, and make it possible to control the tower from the keyboard.

Please realize this in next patch.

ArmA2 was never released as a fully featured Tank Simulator, you should keep this in mind. Hence I doubt that any of these requests will made it in the next, or any future patch.

I agree though that the slow uphill speed and general performance loss when going offroad should be tweaked.

I agree though that the slow uphill speed and general performance loss when going offroad should be tweaked.

In ACE's case they were tweaked... to be slower off road...

Perhaps this is part of the strategy to help a convoy to stay in formation. Traditionally this looked pretty average when driving up a steep incline. Do vehicles keep foprmation now when climbing an incline?

The speed of tank going down the slope can arrive 100+km/h.

irl thet can't arrive 100 km/h, max speed in arma for tanks that i go was 180 km/h

Oh look, its this thread again, or was it this thread? but now, with added "Russia strong!" bullshits.

Tanks are slow, get over it.

The first linked thread cites some RUSSIAN (well, technially Soviet, but same difference) sources that back up the slowness:

From Confrontation: the strategic geography of NATO and the Warsaw Pact

By Hugh Faringdon

Soviet guide to Effects of Gradient on tank speed

Terrain considerations for vehicles

Can people who have no armoured vehicle experience beyond some youtube vids or the movies PLEASE stop asking this? :j:

For tank sim go try SB Pro and don't moan about the graphics and other things! Highly doubt that BIS are going to make a "All-in-One Supersim" in the near future. ;)

My solution to this was a velocity multiplier.

I'm quite sure my Bradley went supersonic at one stage.

Just to answer something OP said, the vehicles in ArmA don't have gears. They have some other simulation for attainable speed on a slope that doesn't factor in gear ratios, torque, and engine power.