Sign in to follow this  
A.R.Mageddon

Project Reality: Arma 2

But on ArmA iam asking myself, for what do i need this special pr experience?

Iam missing something awsome that tells me, get your *** on the PR Servers!

Player vs Player experience (without a hassle).

Yeah, the problem is they either pick up the rally point or there's enemies near it so I can't spawn there. I don't think the squad leaders are amateurs (they're part of a clan), it just seems to be the way it goes.

this is still a player based thing more than a PR based thing, its like putting the MHQ right on top of the enemy area in domination, its silly and also a tactical problem.

The main things to remember here are that you need to understand what to do with the RP, putting it behind or infront of the flag is a bad idea(in the direction of the next flag, you always put it to the side so that when the enemy pushes past this flag and onto the next you aren't being blocked etc.

if its RGG let me know and ill sort them out.

I had a fun game on some unofficial server the other day, they were running ACE and JSRS etc. I think it was some clan event server but it was more fun by a factor of 2000 then standard PR. I think they should allow mods because imo its alot better and people will break whatever protection you have inmind anyway.

Yeah! They should revoke all law enforcement because laws get broken all the time, too!

Yeah! They should revoke all law enforcement because laws get broken all the time, too!

Crime =/= mods for a game. What you just said is the equivilant of "You wouldn't download a car!".

Crime =/= mods for a game.

But each server has it's own rules. If they do not want you running certain mods, then you do not run them.

If they allowed any addon/mod into the server they'd have a bunch of people running scripts in the server to spawn stuff. (AKA script kiddies) Scripting items into the game is no fun as it takes away the purpose of even playing the game.

That isnt what I said though. It seems you're also very uninformed about regularCheck, sig checking and of coarse, server side scripting.

Besides, RGG is already full of hackers. There was a guy spawning UAV's on the official server earlier this week. So, not much you can do if admins won't bother informing themselves of how to administer a server.

That isnt what I said though.

But I'm telling you why they don't just allow any addon or mod into the servers. Because of idiotic people who script items into the game.

Crime =/= mods for a game. What you just said is the equivilant of "You wouldn't download a car!".

That's the point of a reductio ad absurdum ;) It's pointing out the flaws in an argument by keeping the logic the same but substituting the situation.

The argument you made was that since undesirable things happen eventually, we should just allow them to happen. It's an argument I reject.

But I'm telling you why they don't just allow any addon or mod into the servers. Because of idiotic people who script items into the game.

Regular checking and script restriction/public variable restriction/create vehicle restriction/etc

>snip<

Okay, fine I won't talk about the snipped subject anymore.

Edited by richardp

What you heard or not

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

Please don't discuss the particulars of reverse engineering other peoples' stuff.

This is the second forum rules I have had to remind you of in the last ten minutes. Please read them because these friendly reminders do have a limit.

That isnt what I said though. It seems you're also very uninformed about regularCheck, sig checking and of coarse, server side scripting.

Besides, RGG is already full of hackers. There was a guy spawning UAV's on the official server earlier this week. So, not much you can do if admins won't bother informing themselves of how to administer a server.

When was this?

http://forum.rggprclan.com/viewforum.php?f=67

Thats our ban list and heres our rules

http://forum.rggprclan.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=302

Try with actual evidence next time, otherwise A) I cant catch the hacker and B) I wont believe you.

Saying RGG is full of hackers is effectively stating that we all cheat at the game, in which case you need evidence to prove this, and why would we put BE on to hack our own server?

Also why would I pay £60 a month to cheat myself out of the end product, which is to enjoy a gamemode, I despise with all my heart hackers and im glad that the BIS devs are getting rid of them.

I hope they treat Arma 3 with this much vigor also.

If anyone is hacking on the RGG server please let me know or one of my admins, we will quickly get rid of them.

Edit: (just a bit of information)

Just letting you know we are now doing events weekly and it will be on the odd day, so for example this weekend is the 29th (Saturday) and next weekend is the 7th (Sunday)hope that helps :)

and we will be doing training days on the even days of the weekend, expect basics of PR to be covered and a little bit about RGG rules etc, any extra learning such as communications formations etc will be handled on a different date.

Also just a notification that the latest Arma patch requires a new exe, you can acquire it from here PR.exe 1.62 Download.

Also check out some of the latest content to be updated by the devs, here you can see the completion of the map Fata #24 - Fata Map Update #3

and the recent update to all maps with the medical tent #22 - Main base medical facilities which adds some much needed Team hurting prevention measures :)

Hope that helps :)

Edited by dale

Since we are months away from anything to release... I can say that I'm feeling proud about the hard work already made by PR team...

Edited by Robster
I didn't mean to fire up the community only to let them down... :( Sorry mate, my bad...

I'd love to play Project Reality on Arma 2. I spend so many hours on PR BF2...

But the Arma 2 Server is always empty =(

Almost always, but not always. Make sure you have the correct beta installed (check PR forums for more details).

The award winning Project Reality Team is proud to announce the official release of the Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.16 BETA Patch!

prarma2_release.png

The v0.16 patch is primarily a terrain pack that includes 2 custom terrains that are still in BETA and therefore should not be considered complete. The sole purpose of this BETA release is for the PR Team to obtain quality feedback to ensure that we are progressing in the right direction with the development of the new terrains. It does not include any changes which were planned for future PR:ARMA2 versions. Although the terrains may require further tweaking and optimization, we are confident that you will enjoy playing on them and hopefully find yourself engaged in some epic battles.

Thanks to several direct link providers, there are a number of mirrors available to download Project Reality: ARMA 2, including a torrent. You can find all of the download links and information here:

http://www.realitymod.com/downloads

Download The Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.16 BETA Patch Here!

Please note that there are two different downloads for this release. If you already have Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.15 BETA installed, you simply need to download and install the v0.15 to v0.16 "Patch". Otherwise, if you have any previous versions, or you do not have Project Reality: ARMA 2 installed at all, you will need to download the v0.16 "Full" installer.

New Terrains & Features

The following all new custom terrains are included in the Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.16 BETA Patch release:

• Afghan Village - Desert terrain with villages, farmland and strategic river crossings.
  • F.A.T.A. - Thick vegetation, rugged terrain and dense urban areas.

afghan_village1_thumb.jpg afghan_village2_thumb.jpg afghan_village3_thumb.jpg

fata1_thumb.jpg fata2_thumb.jpg fata3_thumb.jpg

In addition to these 2 new terrains, we have included some new features that we hope will improve gameplay. An always-on compass ribbon located at the bottom of the screen has been added which should come in handy when calling out bearings during a firefight. Also included on the in-game HUD is a stance indicator, displaying your current stance and whether you are in walk or run mode.

Project Reality: ARMA 2 Mod Support

If you encounter any problems while installing and/or playing PR:ARMA2, please check out the Project Reality Mod Support forum. If your problem has not already been posted by someone else or is not in the above known bug list, please do not hesitate to start a new thread asking for help. We will do everything we can to provide you with a solution, but we can't do anything if you don't ask first!

[RGG] Operation Clean Slate Event

The RGG clan is hosting an event on 2nd March 2013. Check out this post for more details and information. RGG have provided steadfast support for Project Reality and have graciously kept a dedicated PR:ARMA2 server up and running. We would like to thank them for their continued support and dedication to Project Reality.

Project Reality: ARMA 3

As many of you are already aware, the ARMA 3 public alpha will be released on the 5th of March. For more information about the release, read this news post.

As we have previously stated, support for ARMA 3 is the logical progression of Project Reality. Therefore, we have decided to cease development of PR:ARMA2, and focus all our efforts on Project Reality: ARMA 3 (PR:A3).

We will be building PR:A3 from the ground up, initially concentrating on getting the important PvP gameplay elements in place. Other features and assets, such as units and vehicles, will then follow, but until we get our hands on the actual game and establish from BIS what is allowed, we simply cannot provide anymore information. Once the PR Team has a development plan laid out, we will make an announcement with more specific details.

PR:A3 Team Recruitment

The Project Reality Team is actively seeking developers for our PR:A3 team, in particular those with knowledge of modeling, texturing, config files and Oxygen. The more team members we have, the quicker we can get Project Reality: ARAM 3 into the communities hands! If you are skilled and knowledgeable with ARMA development, and would like to join our award winning team, please register on the Project Reality Forums and send a private message to the PR:A3 Project Lead, [R-DEV]epoch.

We hope everyone enjoys the Project Reality: ARMA 2 v0.16 BETA Patch release! Please feel free to join us on our IRC channel or visit our public forums to discuss this and other news. Also, be sure to connect to Project Reality through social media to stay informed and receive up to the minute updates, the occasional leaked bit of information and more! See you on the battlefield!

facebook.png twitter.png youtube.png

- The Project Reality Team

Edited by James2464

aah...

It was time :)

..and those maps!!!...

Excellent guys..see you in the field :)

Great News! Looking forward for PR:A3 and gonna play PR:A2 meanwhile. Now I have something to do before A3 comes out. :yay:

Good job!

Congrat's guys.

Been waiting for FATA for a long time :D

Edited by Sabre

Congratulations to all involved and good news about A3 good look with your mission

Those maps really looks wonderful. I'm glad to hear you guys are already working to port PR on the Real Virtuality 4. I really hope the mod will grow much bigger on ArmaIII as well as reach its full potential. :)

I think this might be Minimalaco's finest work. The level of detail is amazing. If you haven't been following, there are tons of screens and video on the PR forums.

nice release , good looking maps, keep up the work