Sign in to follow this  
Stagler

Stagler's FSB Packs

Spetsnaz FSB

Requires ARMA 2 Combined Operations

fsbmc1.th.jpgfsbmc5.th.jpgfsbmc4.th.jpg

fsbmc3.th.jpgfsbmc2.th.jpg

This thread is going to be a release thread for one or two units packs im working on at the moment.

The first release is some "modernised" FSB units like those on the FSB 2012 Calender, and like those that we keep seeing lately in news reports from clearance operations and house raids in Dagestan and Ingushetia.

I recieved alot of help from the lads at DAGR with these units, including testing, models, and texture help. I also wanted to avoid making these any particular unit of the FSB, so they could be used as anything. Alpha Group, Beta Group, Vympel, FSO, you name it and they could be represented by these units.

As usual haters will hate, but if you have some real criticism I can make some changes as I go along with later releases. I can almost hear already the people going "Russians in Multicam?, yakakyakyakyakyakyakyakyak". But I got my inspiration from pictures such as these:

Enjoy guys.

v1.0 Features

• Overall the look and feel of these "modernised" units is that of a government federal spetsnaz team, of the FSB or FSO. (More traditional units will follow eventually). They are wearing multicam, SPOSN plate carrier vests with many added pouches, and Mich2000 helmets. I wanted some Fast EDC helmets, they may come later.
  • 6 kinds of Operators wearing Multicam: Teamleader, Sniper, Marksman, Assaultman, Grenadier, & Operator (Under Men (Multicam)). All are able to administer first aid.
  • OA features compatible: Backpacks etc (OA thermal textures will come in a later update).
  • Equipped with default BIS MVD loadouts because they inherit directly from the BIS MVD classes (This is intended so any weapon replacement packs can work, or you can just set the weapons manually).
  • Two new rucksacks for these units, an olive Charlie Pack and a black Patrol Pack.
  • These units were the reason I started the Krinkov Pack
  • One known issue is that the wound textures are a bit dodgey on the body. But they work so hey ho.

They can be found under the EAST side in the faction "FSB"

Classnames:

SG_FSB_Modern_MC_TL

SG_FSB_Modern_MC_Sniper

SG_FSB_Modern_MC_OP

SG_FSB_Modern_MC_GL

SG_FSB_Modern_MC_AT

SG_FSB_Modern_MC_Marksman

SG_FSB_Modern_LightPack

SG_FSB_Modern_HeavyPack

Credits

Models: BIS, ArdvarkDB, Lennard, Binkowski, Johannes, The Red Fox Studios, W0lle, Shnapdrosel (Thanks alot lads, especially BinkyLAD and Drew).

Textures: BIS, ArdvarkDB, Lennard, SafetyCatch, Kis4M3, The Red Fox Studios, MilitaryPhotos.com for insipiration.

Thanks to my flat mate doug and some members of DAGR for testing.

Thanks to Jackal326 and ArdvarkDB for advice and allknowingness about oxygen 2.

Changelog

v1.0 - initial release

Rapidshare Download Link v1.0

Arma2base Download Link v1.0

Armaholic Download Link v1.0

Edited by colonel stagler

How are those weapons coming along JP?

Good to see the release, congrats, "bratok."

Very nice c_s, I think the units look amazing.

Man I love that AK in the last reference picture you posted.

Hey Stagler, great looking units. Downloading now. :)

Quick question - on what island did you take those screenshots? I haven't seen anything like it before.

What's this about weapons too c_s? Are we to expect more tac'ed out AK's? I hope so. :D

way to be a dick neuro... Very nice work stag, love your stuff, also just quickly the MC texture on the arms is flowing the wrong way :P.

These look awesome Colonel Stagler. As soon as they DL I'm off to crush some guerrilla's for Putin. I hope he doesn't get there first!:p Congrats on the release I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates and new units. Thanks mate.

What's this about weapons too c_s? Are we to expect more tac'ed out AK's? I hope so. :D

Keep a look out in his threads, that's all I am able to say... :shoot:

doesn't look impressive for me :( still gj though...

Haters gonner hate.

way to be a dick neuro... Very nice work stag, love your stuff, also just quickly the MC texture on the arms is flowing the wrong way :P.

Oh god Rhodesy! What way is it meant to be?

doesn't look impressive for me :( still gj though...

well why say if you don't like, it been easier if you had kept quiet... or maybe think you can do better....

@colonel stagler great job always.

NeuroFunker just expressed his PoV - nothing bad there. But these are some nice units(Alt+Tabs back to the game to kill me some moar NAPA with them Krinkovs) :bounce3:

Great to see some more Russians done by you CS :)

PS. What am I credited for exactly lol?

Good to hear more packs are planned. You're probably aware of this but the magazine loop things on the vests stand out when in shadow.

And slightly off-topic but a unit like the machinegunner with the gasmask in that second photo would be totally badass.