Sign in to follow this  
FOD

night mission i am working on

Here is the mission so far, can be played as ground unit or helo, it is a night mission and the single man is by the hard fortifications has weapon + night vision googs or helo by the helo port.

Let me know what you think, there is no start or end points put in yet, but I think the night vision with fires and explosions looks great

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6487963/TOH/...d_States_H.pbo

your link is not working ;) (something is missing), please could you correct link. I'm looking forward to your mission.

A few comments:

• Your helo by the heli port is manned, so it's starting the game flying 50m in the air and can't be interacted with. To make it available at the heliport you'd want to place it empty and synchronize it with the heliport module. This will however default your player to starting at the heliport.
  • You also have the helo at the heliport set to Locked (Player), meaning AI can get into it, but even if it was landed the player wouldn't be able to.
  • You can shorten the player's init field by using forEach:
    {this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_H"} forEach [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]; this addWeapon "M4A1_H"; this addweapon 'NVGoggles_H';

instead of your existing

this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_H";
    this addWeapon "M4A1_H";
    this addweapon 'NVGoggles_H';
    this addMagazine "30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_H"

• The static M2 machine guns you have down are set to State = In Formation, so they are all sitting nearby their group lead HMMWV, in formation. If you set them to State = None they'll start the map where you have them placed on the map.
  • You have the OPFOR and BLUFOR starting really really close. Is that intended? :) Because a lot of BLUFOR is just outright killed in the first few seconds of the fight since they are greatly outnumbered.
  • You'll probably want to turn off ambient traffic, but I'm not quite sure how to do that. :)

thanks for the pointers, this is my first attempt so there will be a lot wrong with it, hope others will do night missions as i think adds a great dimention to the game.

This is meant to be an at it frantic mission, thanks for the info will make some changes

It's certainly frantic! I was looking around wondering what to do then BOOOM! The universe explodes behind me with tracers flying everywhere!