Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Watergun?

Is it possible to use particle system to create a water stream gun? :confused:

I've seen that waterfalls are possible to make, smoke etc. but is there a way to make a water cannon functional on a truck (as a weapon turret)?

Thanks.

I can´t help you directly, sorry.

In one of the WWII-Addons was a flamethrower (i think i saw it mounted on a tank, not sure).

Will have a look for this and tell you.

Thanks for all your great work! I always enjoyed your maps a lot! :m:

Theoretically possible but it would require some mad scripting that combines objects with particles in a believable way, not to mention the effect that the watergun has on people.

if i was to make a water cannon i would probably config a new rocket/ missile class and give it the correct elements of Hit factor , speed and velocity and put quite a few in a magazine.

finally i would redefine the Trail particles using the cl_water

you may even give the missile model some nice geometry to push the object/unit in the way ,however it may cause alot of dammage , but tests would show for sure.

In one of the WWII-Addons was a flamethrower

Had a look. It was a screenshot from the I44 project and (very) wip.

In our Cal.68 mod we had also the problem with low range weapons and non-lethal ammunition.

One thing is the ballistic, which act strange in very low range. We found finally a range +-100 meter which was ok for us.

The stunning can maybe get simulated whith an animation when someone get hit. But i have no idea how to get this behavior only around your watercannon.

Another thought: the waterjet must not be the bullet, maybe it´s easier to create a waterfountain in the direction of your barrel everytime it fires.

Coming from Stuttgart and with Marseille77´s great Addons i would love to see an water cannon vehicle :)

I44 flamethrower (handheld) looks perfect btw

How about making an animation that stretches a "water jet" like you would do with a radar mast - make the animation apply only to the "tip" of the jet, and have it stay animated for XX seconds per "shot". The animation would necessarily retract the "water jet" when the shot is complete, so it would need to animate fast enough to not look like that radar mast animation :)

Here is a video from I44 mod. Making particles appear cyan/white would be quite okay for me ;) anyone willing to help me out making a weapon? I have a firetruck with a turret ready. Or we can use the extinguisher weapon and load up the truck with them.

Creating the visual effect would be relatively trivial, as you say only an appropriate water texture of the kind you see in waterfall game effects. The main issue would be how the weapon affects units. Currently there isn't a way to apply a force to a unit (hopefully ArmA3 will allow something here) but there are a couple of things you could do to simulate, broadly, the desired effect on a unit.

You could reduce his morale, skill etc for a short while, increase shaking, lose his weapon (so he'd need to pick it up again) and force him prone. Make these variable so a range of effects happen so that a water cannon doesn't become a magic "drop weapon" spray :)

I've got a few things on my mind at the moment but one of my planned modifications is to make JTD Fire & Smoke dousable by an appropriate method. I'm hoping to make this method usable by simple script so that anyone can douse a fire without necessarily building an addon around it :) It will probably be some method like using a special JTD invisible object that causes nearby fire scripts to quit early. Should be possible, but each fire script would need to constantly monitor for the presence of this object. An easy enough idea I think. The fiddly part would be deciding how to place the object itself, the user would need to accurately input his own particle's movement property somehow.

Is it possible to reverse weapon use, so it would actually decrease setdamage value in 0.0x with each hit, instead of increase it?

Is it possible to reverse weapon use, so it would actually decrease setdamage value in 0.0x with each hit, instead of increase it?

I have no idea whether a negative damage coefficient could be used via config, but you could do it via scripting. But what would be the use of a weapon that increases health?

I have no idea whether a negative damage coefficient could be used via config, but you could do it via scripting. But what would be the use of a weapon that increases health?

A fire extinguisher?

Cool, a magical water cannon that shoots a healing salve! (Red vs. Blue reference) :D

Ahh never mind, though of something else. Yeah, it would just need a certain amount of time to delete the fire object.

We made a laser pointer for our team leaders that used a stream of tracers and caused like 0.0001 damage if you hit someone with a stream :)