Sign in to follow this  
engima

Escape Chernarus (Mission Release)

Will trade ice cream for an Altis version :)

Deal! I'm not a mission creator or an SQF Pro but since I want this mission ported BADLY and having previous programming experience I thought why the hell not.

Result (early/unifinished test with godmode enabled):

Not everything has been ported/converted yet and on the current stable release it's virtually uplayable and prone to crashing because of a bug that heavily affects the mission.

It's fixed in the current dev build though and should make it into the next patch for the stable build. I'll post the mission as soon as the the ammo depot and comm center locations are ported (it still won't be finished at that point though).

Edited by Hyperz
wouldn't let me add urls/video

Is it even playable? Last time i tried Escape chernarus it felt impossible to finnish, as there were always tons of enemy soldiers and tanks everywhere we moved.

Eskape takistan on the otherhand was almost too easy, as enemy patrols contained just few soldiers, and was rare.

Don't know if anyones reading this topic anymore, but I tried to edit this mission a bit so that there would not be any enemy armor present. I know pretty much nothing bout editing missions, but I managed to find some file which had some kind of list of possible enemy traffic. I just deleted all the armored units, saved the file and pbo'd the files back to one. At first the mission seems to work like a charm and no armor is spawn. After a little while the mission gets stuck and you can't kill anyone and your soldiers start running still. What should I edit if I wanted to delete armored units or has someone already done that?

I'd like to port this over to Taviana, but the issue is that I have no knowledge of Arma 2 Editor. If anyone could help me with making sense of the instructions (So I can actually learn) or if someone is kind enough to do it for the good of the community themselves, I'd appreciate that too. I hate asking, but I'm really stuck here. I can't imagine it being that difficult as Taviana is still an island so extraction would be the same, but I'm clueless when it comes to the editor. :(

Thanks in advance for any help.

Astonishingly yes. With the sound name "Escape Hitler!"

Though it seems to lack polish and after being mired in controversy, further refinement seems unlikely...

Hello!

I very much want to play this, and have wanted to for quite some time now, however, I have encountered an issue. An issue of installation. The instructions are not clear and I can't get it to work. If you can, please give detailed instructions on how to install this wonderful mission so my friends and I may play it.

Thank you!

Edited by thedude684
There was a typo ;P

Hello!

I very much want to play this, and have wanted to for quite some time now, however, I have encountered an issue. An issue of installation. The instructions are not clear and I can't get it to work. If you can, please give detailed instructions on how to install this wonderful mission so my friends and I may play it.

Thank you!

Download the mission. Open the zip-file, open the co08_EscapeChernarus_v180-folder. Therein you'll find a ReadMe (which contains the installation instruction). Read the ReadMe. Read the ReadMe again and put the co08_Escape.Chernarus.pbo into your Arma2\MPMissions or rather Arma2 Operation Arrowhead\MPmissions-folder (missions packed into *.pbo-format go to your installation folder of Arma, whereas unpacked missions go to MyDocuments\Arma2\missions or MyDocumenty\Arma2\MPMissions). Start Arma and select the mission from the mission-selection screen of your hosted game.

Heyo, really like the mission, however. Do you know by any chance how to edit the mission so there can be 16 players? (2 squads) I tried just copy pasting the group that already existed but that broke the script.

Can someone tell me how I can play multi-player with this mission. I'm very new to ArmA and would like to play this with a few friends. I've tried it by my self and it's way too hard for one person. Thanks :yay:

Can someone tell me how I can play multi-player with this mission. I'm very new to ArmA and would like to play this with a few friends. I've tried it by my self and it's way too hard for one person. Thanks :yay:

The file needs to be in you MPMissions folder.

Engima, love the mission, I and my friends have been playing it for years, and I've done a lot of modifications for us. Two questions.

First, I want to set the Search Chopper as a random type to begin with. In CreateSearchChopper.sqf, I see:

Arguments:

_homePos: Choppers spawn position.

_side: Chopper's side.

_searchAreaMarker: Search area marker.

_searchTimeMin: Optional. Search time in minutes, starting when chopper leaving home position.

_refuelTimeMin: Optional. Refuel time in minutes, starting when chopper has returned to base and start refueling.

_chopperType: Optional. Class name of chopper to use.

_minSkill: Optional. Skill for the different units in the group is a random value between this value and _maxSkill.

_maxSkill: Optional. Skill for the different units in the group is a random value between _minSkill and this value.

_unitArray: Optional. All created man units will be appended to this array.

_debug: Optional. true if you want to monitor the chopper's different states through the player's side chat.

I see _chopperType, but I don't know where to put this code. I'm not very good at writing Arma code, just recognizing what it's supposed to do from years of running a Dayz server. If you or anyone could explain and provide an example of this code in use, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Second, I'd like to change the random start spot to a specific spot on the map for certain versions I'd like to do where you defend a static point until rescued, or you have to bust out of a town to start your escape. I need to know how to use a static co-ordinate instead of using your random spot system.

Again, my group and I love your mission, thanks very much for it!!

Thank you Very much this mod is awsome yet I see most people don't appreciate  moders these days you go out your way to make other people happy and share it with them for free I would pay you even for my thanks :). Thank you once again Engima of Östgöta Ops and Have 

a wonderful day.

• Like 1

Hey, I enjoyed playing this mod back then, but now, Armaholic Is closed. Is there a way where you could reupload the mod If you still have It archived? I'd be really happy.

@Enigma My friend and I were replaying this last night, still the best mission we have ever played on Arma. Did you modify the AI at all or is it vanilla? It's a shame Arma 3 doesn't seem to work the same way.