Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

[WIP] Mitilini Island + Greek units

Very nice Aplion I cant wait for the release :bounce3:

Are you going to add at least some vehicles?

Thank you!

Nikiforos I'm not sure yet about any vehicles but I'm working about it.

Thanks for comment.

Excellent pics.Good job!

Are you going to include any regular riflemen with G3`s ?

Excellent pics.Good job!

Are we gonna see any G3 rifles?

I'm working on that also ....

Will the greek units please wear an armpatch saying "funded by Eurpean economy saviour funds" ^^.

On a seriouse sidenote - i like the unittextures as well as the Island Layout and attention to detail. This could get rly rly gooood ^^

Will the greek units please wear an armpatch saying "funded by Eurpean economy saviour funds" ^^.

On a seriouse sidenote - i like the unittextures as well as the Island Layout and attention to detail. This could get rly rly gooood ^^

(off-topic on)

Sorry mate but it is not allowed to wear such armpatch as long as Greeks we still are a part of European Union ... maybe I must think of another armpatch saying that we demand some world war II compensations from (let me think ... ah yes ... Germany) ... but this ofcourse is just another joke (humor) ^^.

(off-topic off)

In any case thank you very much for the good comment regarding my work so far and please forgive me if my sense of humor is not the same as yours.

fluttershly Im glad you enjoy and make fun of Greece situation but its ok some things never change in this world:rolleyes:

In which section are you going to put the greek side? West or Independent?

I suggest Independent but its up to you.

Nikiforos ... thanks for the suggestion ... to be honest I hadn't thought about it so far ... and "Independent" side seems convenient for any "Blufor" or "Opfor" army to have my units as ally or enemy by choice.

I'll think about and it will be nice to have more views regarding this subject.

In which section are you going to put the greek side? West or Independent?

I suggest Independent but its up to you.

I think it's a good idea :)

No hard feelings Aplion but for the compensation you have to pick a number.

I think since the Greek Forces are part of the UN and NATO they should be placed as BluFor. They also use some Armor and Weapons "unique" to BluFor countrys.

No hard feelings Aplion but for the compensation you have to pick a number.

I think since the Greek Forces are part of the UN and NATO they should be placed as BluFor. They also use some Armor and Weapons "unique" to BluFor countrys.

Dear friend ... please believe me ... I have already picked a number (no hard feelings either).

But in any case here we are in a gaming forum I think and such conversations regarding my country problems and your country debts :) are not appropriate ... so lets stop "teasing" each other and let our goverments to deal with such things. In any case your or my opinion are just unable to make things better on such serious matters.

Now back on work ... yes I agree that Greek Forces are part of UN and NATO so logicaly must be placed as BluFor ... the only thing made me think about placing them as independant is the case that someone elses mod - addon - mission .. wants to use them -for some reason- as OpFor friendly. To be honest I was thinking that in ArmA series the main conflict is between - lets say - NATO and Russians (or at least countries friendly to Russia) ... But I have to take under consideration that there are some NATO member countries which they are facing problems of hostility by other NATO member countries and that is the main reason I'm thinking about that "Independant" suggestion ... maybe some players wants another kind of conflict and after all, if I'm not mistaken, in ArmA III the main Island will be the Greek Limnos and I'm not sure about the role of the Greek people in there ...

I would like to "hear" your thoughts regarding that if you don't mind.

Mission makers can change the side of the units if they wanted to. It's not difficult for them to do. I'd say BlueFor.

Abs

Mission makers can change the side of the units if they wanted to. It's not difficult for them to do. I'd say BlueFor.

Abs

True...But in MP it's harder...I don't know...Maybe bluefor it's more realistic and independent it's more functional...

Isn't it as simple as having Opfor as the group leader, then deleting it? Don't see how MP should matter.

Abs

Isn't it as simple as having Opfor as the group leader, then deleting it? Don't see how MP should matter.

Abs

I'm not sure how to do that mate but I trust you are right ... just one question ... how about non grouped units ?

If you have 4 groups of playable units you have to have 4 opfor TL...Or one TL and some lines of code...I think it's easier to set it in the editor...Or not?

It's not my problem by the way, just my 2 cents ;)

You still talking about groups ... I've made many missions and at most of them I didn't want to place my units or some enemy units in groups ... my question is regarding that case.

Ofcourse I can make two seperate addons one for BluFor and one for Indipendents but still I'm not sure that this is the right path.

I mean a mission editor can add an opfor unit in the editor, and then press F2 (Groups) and link bluefor to it. Then, when you delete the opfor unit, the bluefor units are still enemy, and the group leader becomes the next highest rank. This has worked for me since OFP times. I haven't tried it when building an MP mission, but I don't see why it wouldn't work there either. No scripting, no code.

Abs

Well basicly they are bluefor yes.

A secondary config adding them as Independant as well should fix all problems and concerns.

If you want to think BEYOND the box of regular BluFor vs OpFor the config will give you the additional easy way to place them as Independent or OpFor Friendly.

Also i talked to my fellow Missionmakers and as soon as this baby comes out - CAMPAIGN ^^