zonekiller

-= ZKs BattleZone =- 72 Player [CO-OP] - Warfare

Cheers Velzevul! Will check it out later on.

On another VERY promising note, my BattleZone with MSO, PatrolOps, Reezo's IEDs, AirTrafficControlRabbitTM) is almost ready for release. Just a few things to complete regarding respawning an actionmenu item then BOOM! War time!

We had 3 of us on my dedi last night with 350-400 AI units and the war was intense - lots to see, do and kill (and be killed by!) I've also been graphing number of units versus FPS to see if it can be optimised further (but its looking GOOD)

Prior to release if anyone wants to join my dedi please look for !Kremator's BATTLEZONE server.

I don't mind explaining WHAT to do in the mission - but it's pretty easy.

Regards

Krem

Anyone have an idea why the "build" command has no effect for me? The build command in these warfare style missions are all bound to the "fire" button correct?...well when i use it nothing gets built...ill choose a jeep and move it into the green area and press my fire button but nothing happens. ive even tried changing/remapping my fire button to something else but that didnt help.

Any ideas?

Anyone have an idea why the "build" command has no effect for me? The build command in these warfare style missions are all bound to the "fire" button correct?...well when i use it nothing gets built...ill choose a jeep and move it into the green area and press my fire button but nothing happens. ive even tried changing/remapping my fire button to something else but that didnt help.

Any ideas?

Hey bigshot,

If you are talking about building straight at mission start then it could be that you don't have the building up (check icons at top).

If during the mission you cannot build then it could be one of three things:

1) Your building is down

2) Your medic tent is down (NOTHING can be built!)

3) You are running an addon on the server but NOT on the client.

4) You are at maximum number of units (delete some troops around your base)

Hi guys and thanks for trying to help figure it out...

no addons enabled other than a sound mod when attempting this. Yes im trying to build at the start of mission but all icons at top are there (if they arent you cant select anything in menus anyway since it would be greyed out). Ive tried choosing a jeep and ive tried choosing a regular soldier, they appear at first with that red or green circle and i can move them about to place where i want them (within the green), but once i click on my fire button nothing happens. The item just stays with the green circle and doesnt get built and once i get tired of clicking all i can do is to back out (backspace) of the construction menu. Ive had this issue with all warfare style missions in the past but never bothered to figure it out since i never used construction before. But with this new mission i dont have a choice. Id like to play it but wont be able unless i figure out what is corrupt on my end.

EDIT** - also just tried it again after disabling the sound mod this time, but that didnt help :-(

Edited by BigShot

Hmmmm although you said that this happens with all warfare .... sounds like something you have done to your setup - reconfiguring keys/buttons. I would remove all your cfg profiles and restart the mission.

Also are you running the latest beta or on 1.60? Latest betas are great and work well.

im on official release 1.60 (no beta). Yes, later on today when i have more time i will backup and remove my profiles so the game will create it new. After trying that i will report back to let you know. Thanks again.

Good mate. Failing that, download the mission again (use the latest V3 mission) and try again. We will get this AWESOME mission working for you !

Hi Bigshot

Lets see if we can get you into the game :)

try creating a new player profile -- that should give that player the default keyboard set

to make something - you have to use the LEFT MOUSE BUTTON -if you have assigned the fire button as something else

im not sure what would happen.

but the menu and others that use the COIN use LEFT MOUSE BUTTON to build. i dont think it matters if thats your fire button or not - i will look into that....

when you say fire button - which key or mouse button is that ??

hi Zone... Im a lefty so for the last 16 years ive been using my LMB for walking forward, and MY RMB as the "fire" button...but ive already tried left clicking for building and it didnt work...im about to go into the game now as i have the time to mess around a bit now...before i create a new profile im first going to try unbinding the LMB and RMB and then temporarily rebind my walk and fire command to something other than the mouse as a test.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

ok so after some preliminary testing (on 2 of my old profiles & 1 new profile i created for testing) I have found so far that the following statement is true for all the profiles i have tested tonight:

The "build" command will not work UNLESS the "fire" command is bound to the LMB (Primary mouse button). So it seem the build command is not hard coded to either the fire command nor the LMB but actually a combination of the 2 together?....wtf??

So, if this is correct then one would assume that everyone who plays this mission (and who can use the build command in other missions) all are using the LMB for firing?

Edited by BigShot

So, if this is correct then one would assume that everyone who plays this mission (and who can use the build command in other missions) all are using the LMB for firing?

i understand your delamer as i also like to use a mouse button to walk, so i got a 5 button mouse with side buttons , being a lefty may make it harder to find one that suits you but my guess is that it can be done , i know its a hassle but it may help with other games and things aswell.

@Kremator - yep, that was my point...you have no choice at all...if a player binds the "fire" command to any key or button other than the "Primary mouse button" then the "build" command does not work. As far as left handed players are concerned this would be considered a major design flaw (dont know if it's hard coded or can be modded).

So ok...since after 16 years of gaming, being 47 years old and set in my ways and having NO intention of attempting to get my poor brain to re-learn how to move and shoot in fps games just so I can use the Arma2 construction menu's...

...my ONLY alternative I can easily see is to TRICK the game into considering the RMB (which i bind to the fire command) as the "Primary" and my LMB (which i bind to walking) as the "Secondary". To do this one must go ahead and bind "fire" to LMB and "walk or move" to the RMB in-game, and then each time before starting the game go into the Windows Control Panel (or your mouse software) and tell it to SWAP the left & right mouse buttons. Doing this will make your LMB act as the walking/movement and your RMB act as firing (yet it will still be considered the Primary mouse button).

This is a moderately annoying work-around since all menu clicking will be reversed, but at least for now I can get the chance to play around with this mission!

Thanks gents...looking forward to having some fun with this now :-)

PS...I hope someone at BIS gets wind of this design issue and fixes it for Arma3!!

Edited by BigShot

Too right you shouldnt change!

Tried this?

Start / Settings / Control Panel / Mouse /

and on the Buttons Tab tick the box for "Switch primary and secondary buttons"

Let us know.

Now that I've had the chance to play this a bit I have a mission related question about the gameplay:

Is there anyway to stop the enemy base buildings from respawning/rebuilding? I'm thinking that merely editing the build delay to something much higher to my liking that it would also effect the build time of vehicles right?, so I wouldnt wanna touch that. Id simply like to place a very long build delay but only for the buildings themselves and not the vehicles. Is this possible to do?...or to disable the re-building of all buildings?

The reason im asking is because if you're playing alone or with a friend on LAN it becomes a bit of a logistical nightmare getting back and forth over such long distances only to have the enemy buildings you knocked down 10 minutes ago reappear by the time you get back there (following a retreat to rearm or after dieing). It becomes a never ending battle and somewhat frustrating. Due to tanks being so slow uphill in Takistan I just keep building choppers all day to traverse the 9 kilometer trek back to the fornt :-)

Other than the slight logistics problem and the buildings reappearing...I really love the mission concept itself...I think it's got loads of potential and hope it keeps improving...In fact id absolutely love to see a mature version of this appearing in Arma3 (alongside Warfare itself as well). Great work guys!

PS - BIS...pay these guys to start working on an official version you can incorporate into Arm3!!

Edited by BigShot

PS - BIS...pay these guys to start working on an official version you can incorporate into Arm3!!

LOL BigShot, sure we see that happening , thanks for your cool comment.

disable the re-building of all buildings?

I will see what can be done with that .

Hint tho -- take out the Medic Tent -- It can not build anything until it has replaced the Medic Tent - and it also resets the build clock. so if you have it set at 90 seconds - it will wait 90 seconds then build a Medic Tent then it has to wait another 90 seconds to build anything else.

I did, those planes are great bombers but the B17 is a little unfair to those poor Germans, may have to put it in forbidden vehicles.

Is there a way to increase the amount of dismounted troops moving around for the 3 faction sides? I've tried boosting the amount of "men" all the way up, both with and without any other kinds of vehicles, but even after a few hours in a game I still only seem to have max 20 or so dismounted troops moving at objectives and such, through all of the factions combined. Ideally, I'd like to have the vehicles doing their things as normal, but have quite a bit of more dismounted troops moving about. Not sure if this needs to be done through your configs or whether it's even a good idea (ending up with 30 dismount groups requesting transport or something). It's a pretty awesome mission so far, just seems (at least for me) to get stuck ending up being a primarily vehicular combat situation.

There is no dismounted troop option. What happens is that a vehicle is disabled and the troops dismount. Then MAY then call for a pickup (air or car) and throw smoke (blue for blufor, red for opfot etc). At some stage the vehicle MAY head towards the enemy base and deposit the troops. IF the troops DON'T call for pickup, they will walk to the nearest discovered base.

Of course it is primarily a vehicle-based mission. The distances between bases forces it.