zonekiller

-= ZKs BattleZone =- 72 Player [CO-OP] - Warfare

In mission setup, enable EDITOR in the parameters. You will then be taken into the mission, but now able to place waypoints, start positions, city positions etc etc. There is a section in the readme of the mission that will help.

like a resistance ship i hope :)

Cool really looking forward to an SP version as well, I feel like this mission can only be played on a dedicated server or in SP mode.

It works well on a locally hosted machine - as long as you limit the mission to 2 sides and perhaps 30 items (obviously depends on your beast of a machine!) Actually playing on Utes with 3 sides and 50 items is also great (as the AI will NEVER get up to 50 AI!) IT IS WAR !

What exactly does the 'items' parameter control? Is it linked to the other parameters you can set like soldiers, tanks, helicopters etc? (e.g. the max total of all of these?)

Also, how would I go about launching the editor on one of the other maps like Chernarus? Cheers!

Yes the ITEMS is link to everything that you can build - it is a max total. I haven't converted any islands yet - ZK has always done that :) - but it SHOULD be very easy to do. Perhaps I will give it a go later on :)

@DansireUK

Yes Krem is right

If you have 5 set for each vehicle type and Items set at more than each item added together then the bases will have 5 of each vehicle on the map

but if Items is set lower than total vehicles added up then it may have 5 cars and only 1 tank "its designed to make it even more random"

as for the editor there is a Editor_Help.txt in the Array_Builder folder that has step by step instructions

press the K key for a list of keys you can use while in edit mode

@Katipo66 and JB1528

still working on the SP Ver a little stuck with (Rsctitles and SAVE Mission)

everything else looks good tho

But for now Suggest to the server admins to HOST THIS MISSION

Edited by Zonekiller

ZoneKiller,

I know Gnat wants a Naval BattleZone (as others do) is it possible that you could give us a version that had an option to allow one of the main base to be a Carrier like the LHD, Nimitz, Kuznetsov CV, HMS Queen Elizabeth or the Fast Sea Frame? Other ideas could be:

1. Base Captured by destroying support ships for Carrier

2. Once Carrier is captured then Spawn your side Carrier

3. A combination of Carrier and Land Support Base, (this could be used instead of Support Ships)

4. There have been ways to create Sea Land Bases out of Land Objects this could also be used for Guer until we have a Guer Ship

Just some suggestions!

Zonekiller,

I am having a lot of fun with your mission. Would it be possible to stop the AI from building fortifications? As it is now they just build all over the place with no order or logic (same goes for the base buildings to some degree; but this isn't so much of a problem)?

Thanks!

Set fortifications to zero in the parameters. There are somethings that have indeed a randomness but putting more processing power into logical placement would require either a LOT of CPU power or do it as a human ! You can delete anything that the AI commander has placed and replace it where you want.

Thanks Kremator, will try that now. (Does that mean that I can't build fortifications also; I would like to in some circumstances, and keeping up with what the AI does is a pain [the AI likes to build lots of watchtowers and these can't be deleted]?)

Also I was playing in LAN and was trying to capture the enemy base: I had destroyed all the buildings and when I reached the base all that was left was the remains of the Container. I couldn't capture it and the AI continued building the Medical Tent even though I would keep destroying it. This is from a Save game, which may be the reason why it didn't do anything.

Finally could we have an option to have a deployable FARP in the field (maybe by the truck) this way we can have a strong-point to go and refuel/rearm and which has some defenses that can be built.

If you set fortifications to 10 for instance, the AI will try to build fortifications.... however anything that is NOT in the right place, just delete and replace it where you want!

The enemy container will be captured once EVERY building is down and the medic tent is down. At that stage your base will send three trucks to that base to capture it!

FARPs probably arent necessary, but I have raised the issue with ZK. At that time, he said 'why do you need a FARP when you can just get back to base (call for assistance).

have a question about VME_PLA. it adds two factions - VME_PLA for "green" and VME_PLA_China for "red". Is it possible to force VME_PLA_China faction play correctly for "independent" side?

as ZK was unable to reproduce my bug with not building "Tunguska"s, can someone reply if they encountered it.

still can not reproduce your bug with not building "Tunguska"s.

and no you can not change the side of a faction , if its red it plays on east side.

Zonekiller,

Is there an array where I can add AddOns that I do not want to spawn? Like if I use Ships I want all except the "Nimitz" to spawn but I will manually put the Nimitz in the editor.

I do think there is an EXCLUDE faction (or item). I remember ZK stopping me using Alien weaponry on Duala once :)

Zonekiller,

Is there an array where I can add AddOns that I do not want to spawn? Like if I use Ships I want all except the "Nimitz" to spawn but I will manually put the Nimitz in the editor.

there is :)

in "InitFolder\BF3_Arrays.sqf"

look for

_forbidedfaction = ["ibr_zetaborn_faction","BIS_CZ","CDF"];

_forbidedmenclass = ["FR_Base"];

_forbidedvehicleclass = ["ParachuteBase","TowingTractor","StaticSEARCHLight","CruiseMissile1","SeaFox","Bicycle","AH6X_EP1","GRAD_Base","MLRS","M1128_MGS_EP1","LAV25_HQ"];

add the men class, faction or (vehicle class or vehicle type) to one of these arrays

Before I start on it do you think its possible to make a I44 version of BZ? Any issues other than making sure to use _forbidedfaction?

ah perfect! Just want I wanted!

Edited by vengeance1

I have not tried I44 but do keep us posted on your progress :)

So far the conversion to I44 is going well just finished all the factions, vehicles etc. Lots more to do of course.

had the honor of playing BZ with the doc...

fuck

why are all of yu australians so good in mission making...

wish my country had an "AL" in its name.

its just awsome

PS: it must be the outback :)

Edited by highhead

Great mission! Can't stop playing.

How about a BattleZone Lingor?

good news, PRACS now have a nice missile boat. it is not so tough as Gnat`s corvettes, but better than nothing. i can share ZKs Battlezone - Sahrani, if somebody interested.

Of course .... post all ports here :) ZK was teaching me how to use the built-int editor in the mission last night, so I'll be able to crack out some more islands.

Good job

PRACS now have a nice missile boat. it is not so tough as Gnat`s corvettes, but better than nothing. i can share ZKs Battlezone - Sahrani, if somebody interested.

I would love to check it out and the pracs ship.

I am working on one for Chernarus also.

and thanks guys for your cool comments