Sign in to follow this  
neokika

Support Radio

Neokika love the script but following what you said did not work:mad:

You'll need to manually add the actions to the guys in your team:

_unit addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray");

You need to take out the _ from the code line. The Unit init field is rejecting this syntax. I tryed

1. unit addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray")

2. this addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray")

Can you post up how we could add the action to more units. I would like to add it to only sqaud leaders in my mission.

Would the script allow the user to add a second A10 (CAS action)? is it a simple fix OR a rewrite of the script. Thanks AVIBIRD and a few hundred other players LOL.

One thing I've noticed with the demo mission is that even when the FAC pops colored smoke using the under-barrel attachment, the transport helo always reports seeing white smoke. I'm not sure if this is the result of some sort of class inheritance issue or if it's due the use of magazine class names rather than ammo class names in the "fn_smokeColor.sqf" file. (i.e., "1Rnd_Smoke_M203" rather than "G_40mm_Smoke")

I haven't tested any fixes and I am using a few addons (mainly islands) so I'm wondering if this is just something I've encountered...?

Regardless, wonderful job on this script, neokika!

Great script! One question though, how hard would it be to make it so that the interface is activated by pressing radio buttons (ie 0,0,2) instead of the current setup?

Hi,

Would be very simple actually, add the following to the trigger onAct:

//Action Variable

uinamespace setVariable ["NEO_radioCurrentAction", "radio"];

//Open Interface

createDialog "NEO_resourceRadio";

Can you post up how we could add the action to more units. I would like to add it to only sqaud leaders in my mission.

I'm guessing you are adding the action within a unit init line since you are using this.

Basically, what is happening is that the init commands/init lines run before the init.sqf, so, it will run before the variables, functions and scripts start.

You'll need to do the following to make it possible to add the actions in the units init line:

this spawn { if (local _this) then { waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic } }; waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray" } }; _this addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray") }; };

Would the script allow the user to add a second A10 (CAS action)? is it a simple fix OR a rewrite of the script. Thanks AVIBIRD and a few hundred other players LOL.

The Support Radio supports unlimited number of units per side and per support type.

So the number of units is only limited by game/bandwidth performance. Check spoiler for example.

//The following will start Support Radio with 2 A-10's as CAS units for the WEST side

[

NEO_coreLogic,

[

WEST,

[],

[

[

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_00",

"A10_US_EP1",

"Predator-One",

{}

],

[

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_01",

"A10_US_EP1",

"Predator-Two",

{}

]

],

[]

]

] execVM "scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf";

One thing I've noticed with the demo mission is that even when the FAC pops colored smoke using the under-barrel attachment, the transport helo always reports seeing white smoke. I'm not sure if this is the result of some sort of class inheritance issue or if it's due the use of magazine class names rather than ammo class names in the "fn_smokeColor.sqf" file. (i.e., "1Rnd_Smoke_M203" rather than "G_40mm_Smoke")

I haven't tested any fixes and I am using a few addons (mainly islands) so I'm wondering if this is just something I've encountered...?

Regardless, wonderful job on this script, neokika!

Hi and thanks for the report.

You are correct and there is the issue of missing Classnames, if you wish to fix this before I can release an update, just add the missing classes to the switch statement within:

mission\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\misc\fn_smokeColor.sqf

Thanks,

_neo_

Hey neokika thanks for fast reply. I will try what you said to call

The script but could not get it to work from the example mission only one of the units can call the script.

The second issue is I don't want cas or art to be unlimited. I would like to have only two A10 to be called and then sleep/wait for 10 minutes to be called again. I would like to replace the support scripts from my domination edit with your script.

QUOTE=neokika;2083347]Hi,

Would be very simple actually, add the following to the trigger onAct:

//Action Variable

uinamespace setVariable ["NEO_radioCurrentAction", "radio"];

//Open Interface

createDialog "NEO_resourceRadio";

I'm guessing you are adding the action within a unit init line since you are using this.

Basically, what is happening is that the init commands/init lines run before the init.sqf, so, it will run before the v

ariables, functions and scripts start.

You'll need to do the following to make it possible to add the actions in the units init line:

this spawn { if (local _this) then { waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic } }; waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray" } }; _this addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray") }; };

The Support Radio supports unlimited number of units per side and per support type.

So the number of units is only limited by game/bandwidth performance. Check spoiler for example.

//The following will start Support Radio with 2 A-10's as CAS units for the WEST side

[

NEO_coreLogic,

[

WEST,

[],

[

[

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_00",

"A10_US_EP1",

"Predator-One",

{}

],

[

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_cas_01",

"A10_US_EP1",

"Predator-Two",

{}

]

],

[]

]

] execVM "scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf";

Hi and thanks for the report.

You are correct and there is the issue of missing Classnames, if you wish to fix this before I can release an update, just add the missing classes to the switch statement within:

mission\scripts\NEO_radio\functions\misc\fn_smokeColor.sqf

Thanks,

_neo_

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

The second issue is I don't want cas or art to be unlimited. I would like to have only two A10 to be called and then sleep/wait for 10 minutes to be called again. I would like to replace the support scripts from my domination edit with your script.

It was my question, i want (if possible) the same.

Call a support then player need to wait before the next call

just another small (untechnical observation):

At the start of every mission the MRLS vehicles get restless

and start driving around at base, totally unpromted.

In one case they were kinda keeping 'close' to whereever the RTO was on the map.

Then they tend to go off on their own toward the enemy position, even refusing the command to return to base.

... or is this just my imagination, ... running away with me ...

is it just my imaginaaation ... running ... awaaay ... with me? :)

Now that tune is gonna be stuck in my head :)

Looking forward to your update.

/Fanned

there are a lot of scirpts and no real addon... cant u just make it to an addon so i can use it always on every server and not only on a single mission :P

there are a lot of scirpts and no real addon... cant u just make it to an addon so i can use it always on every server and not only on a single mission :P

Mybe I am lost but with a script anyone can play the mission however with a addon only the players who download the addon can play the mission. If the server or mission maker does not put it into the mission then you my friend cant play on that server or the mission if you have that addon running on your pc:eek:

The second issue is I don't want cas or art to be unlimited. I would like to have only two A10 to be called and then sleep/wait for 10 minutes to be called again.

+1

Can you add some limitation zone for artillery.

For example, the missionmaker don't want player can use the artillery on a village, so he add a marker on the village.

When the player open the support interface and try to click in the zone, he doesn't have any fire mission.

First of all, well done Neokika for a great script I've been looking for something like this for quite sometime.

I would like to just point out a few tip's to people who don't know or are having trouble with the script.

I would start by downloading the example mission Neokika has provided in his first post. and extract the mission to your mission creators folder, Normally "C:\Users\"username"\Documents\ArmA 2\missions folder". once you've done that crack open the mission editor and load up the mission, but before you preview the mission there is a little fault located in support_radio_pub.Takistan\scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf open the init.sqf up and locate this line:

_this == _target

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemRadio""

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemGps""

Change it to look like this:

_this == _target

&&

//_this hasWeapon ""itemRadio""

&&

Then save it and you should now be able to preview the mission and test everything out. (thanx Lt_Ryan for prompting on the fault)

Ok so, you've tested the mission out ,it all works but in you're mission you don't want all this artillery or all these choppers,NP. open your mission place a functions module down named: "NEO_coreLogic" this will activate the script the next thing you want to do is merge all the scripts from the example mission to your mission. If you already have a init.sqf and description.sqf just copy and paste the contents of the example mission one's into your one's. once you done that it's time to place the markers down were you want your support to spawn. for this example I only wan't a transport chopper in my mission. so I'm going to put a marker down and I'm going to call this marker "transport" because it's easy to remember. Once I've done that I alt-Tab out and open my mission Init.sqf I'm going to edit this line:

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00",

"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",

"Eagle-One",

["pickup", "land"],

To look like this:

getMarkerPos "transport", <---- I've changed the marker name

"CH_47F_EP1", <----I've changed the heli to the one I want

"Cargo-Mule-One", <---And I've changed Its call sign

["pickup", "land"],

You can do this with every unit in the init.sqf to suit your requirements .

Once I've done that I can save and preview my mission to make sure it's all working.

Now I like to have a certain amount of realism in my mission so everyone having access to the support panel is not what I wan't. I only want my radio ops to get access, I do this by changing this line:

Located in your \scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf

And: _this hasWeapon ""itemRadio""

Located in your \scripts\NEO_radio\init_server.sqf

change these line to something that only your radio operator would carry Example: the ACRE 117F LR radio. they should look like this

Init.sqf:

//_this hasWeapon ""ACRE_PRC117F""

Init_server.sqf

_this hasWeapon ""ACRE_PRC117F""

Save it and when you load up your mission in multilayer only your radio operator with the ACRE 117F will be able to call support.

Hope this helped, Regards

I had a brief test of this last night, and I have to say it works really well and is an enjoyable addition :)

Like others have expressed, a PBO version with a simple editor module would be great, but it's non-existence certainly won't prevent me from using it :)

Would make it far easier & more generally userfriendly though ;)

But in any case, great job on this. The only single problem I had last night as when one of the mobile arty groups needed to move out to range, one of the units just stopped moving before it reached it's destination, and the other unit wouldn't fire until it had, which meant that the entire process just stopped. There was no way for me to "break in" to that process, no cancel or rescind, that I could see anyway. I don't yet know if this is repeatable but I just thought I would mention it here.

i get this error:

Type Script, expect nothing

i'll keep coming back for help even if it kills me. :)

Hi and firstly thank you for the scripts as they make missions much more enjoyable!

Secondly, like a few other peeps I'd like to give the ability to call support to other units so that when I die and switch to a playable unit I can carry on with the mission.

You have given instruction how to adjust the script, but this has been a bit unclear to me so far. Would you or some other kind soul give a step by step tips what code needs to be altered, how and where. Pretty please!

Otherwise, it's a fantastic addition to the game!

Hi and firstly thank you for the scripts as they make missions much more enjoyable!

Secondly, like a few other peeps I'd like to give the ability to call support to other units so that when I die and switch to a playable unit I can carry on with the mission.

You have given instruction how to adjust the script, but this has been a bit unclear to me so far. Would you or some other kind soul give a step by step tips what code needs to be altered, how and where. Pretty please!

Hi GvsE , you can do this by editing this section:

_this == _target

&&

//_this hasWeapon ""itemRadio"" <----- Edit this

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemGps"" <----- or this

Located in : "yourmission"\scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf

And

_this in _target

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemRadio"" <---- Edit this

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemGps"" <---- or this

Located in : "yourmission"\scripts\NEO_radio\init_server.sqf

change it to something something like a LR radio pack IE the PRC 119,So whenever you pick up this item the script will re-activate. Or alternatively you can place:

this addAction ["Support Radio", "scripts\NEO_radio\radio_action.sqf"] in each playable units INIT

After a few days of testing this script still can't get a few things to work or edit a bit to met my needs in my mission.

1. Following the directions above still can't get other units in the example mission to call the script.

2. Edit the script to have only squad leaders to call the script.

3.edit the script to set either time limits ( time to wait to recall the script) or number of times a unit can call the script per mission.

This script is like rum assist script but with a few different options.

Any help on this would be great.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

It was my question, i want (if possible) the same.

Call a support then player need to wait before the next call

I see what you guys mean now, it is not possible currently, but I have taken notes and will see if I can come up with something.

just another small (untechnical observation):

At the start of every mission the MRLS vehicles get restless

and start driving around at base, totally unpromted.

In one case they were kinda keeping 'close' to whereever the RTO was on the map.

Then they tend to go off on their own toward the enemy position, even refusing the command to return to base.

... or is this just my imagination, ... running away with me ...

is it just my imaginaaation ... running ... awaaay ... with me? :)

Now that tune is gonna be stuck in my head :)

Looking forward to your update.

/Fanned

That does sound like an issue/bug, thanks for reporting.

Mybe I am lost but with a script anyone can play the mission however with a addon only the players who download the addon can play the mission. If the server or mission maker does not put it into the mission then you my friend cant play on that server or the mission if you have that addon running on your pc:eek:

Yes, that is correct, while being a mission script, you can put it your mission and everyone can join, while being an addon, you would still need to activate the scripts mission wise but when hosting a server, all other players would need the addon to be able to play.

+1

Can you add some limitation zone for artillery.

For example, the missionmaker don't want player can use the artillery on a village, so he add a marker on the village.

When the player open the support interface and try to click in the zone, he doesn't have any fire mission.

That does sound like a good addition, some kind of blacklisted areas where battery would refuse to fire on. Thanks for the suggestion, will see what I can do about it.

First of all, well done Neokika for a great script I've been looking for something like this for quite sometime.

I would like to just point out a few tip's to people who don't know or are having trouble with the script.

I would start by downloading the example mission Neokika has provided in his first post. and extract the mission to your mission creators folder, Normally "C:\Users\"username"\Documents\ArmA 2\missions folder". once you've done that crack open the mission editor and load up the mission, but before you preview the mission there is a little fault located in support_radio_pub.Takistan\scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf open the init.sqf up and locate this line:

_this == _target

&&

_this hasWeapon ""itemRadio""

&&

Change it to look like this:

_this == _target

&&

&&

Then save it and you should now be able to preview the mission and test everything out. (thanx Lt_Ryan for prompting on the fault)

Ok so, you've tested the mission out ,it all works but in you're mission you don't want all this artillery or all these choppers,NP. open your mission place a functions module down named: "NEO_coreLogic" this will activate the script the next thing you want to do is merge all the scripts from the example mission to your mission. If you already have a init.sqf and description.sqf just copy and paste the contents of the example mission one's into your one's. once you done that it's time to place the markers down were you want your support to spawn. for this example I only wan't a transport chopper in my mission. so I'm going to put a marker down and I'm going to call this marker "transport" because it's easy to remember. Once I've done that I alt-Tab out and open my mission Init.sqf I'm going to edit this line:

getMarkerPos "NEO_mkr_transport_00",

"BAF_Merlin_HC3_D",

"Eagle-One",

["pickup", "land"],

To look like this:

getMarkerPos "transport", <---- I've changed the marker name

"CH_47F_EP1", <----I've changed the heli to the one I want

"Cargo-Mule-One", <---And I've changed Its call sign

["pickup", "land"],

You can do this with every unit in the init.sqf to suit your requirements .

Once I've done that I can save and preview my mission to make sure it's all working.

Now I like to have a certain amount of realism in my mission so everyone having access to the support panel is not what I wan't. I only want my radio ops to get access, I do this by changing this line:

Located in your \scripts\NEO_radio\init.sqf

And: _this hasWeapon ""itemRadio""

Located in your \scripts\NEO_radio\init_server.sqf

change these line to something that only your radio operator would carry Example: the ACRE 117F LR radio. they should look like this

Init.sqf:

//_this hasWeapon ""ACRE_PRC117F""

Init_server.sqf

_this hasWeapon ""ACRE_PRC117F""

Save it and when you load up your mission in multilayer only your radio operator with the ACRE 117F will be able to call support.

Hope this helped, Regards

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, since I do not use mods I had no idea it would become incompatible with ACE's radio packs.

I had a brief test of this last night, and I have to say it works really well and is an enjoyable addition :)

Like others have expressed, a PBO version with a simple editor module would be great, but it's non-existence certainly won't prevent me from using it :)

Would make it far easier & more generally userfriendly though ;)

Thanks for the feedback,

I'm still evaluating this, right now I see no reason why it would make it simpler, easier or better if it was a addon/module.

The way I see it is, has a mission script, you:

1. Implement it on a mission
  2. Everyone joins and are able to play

As an Addon:

1. You load the addon
  2. Implement it on a mission
  3. Everyone who wants to play, needs to load the mod
  4. Play

Or I'm missing something?

But in any case, great job on this. The only single problem I had last night as when one of the mobile arty groups needed to move out to range, one of the units just stopped moving before it reached it's destination, and the other unit wouldn't fire until it had, which meant that the entire process just stopped. There was no way for me to "break in" to that process, no cancel or rescind, that I could see anyway. I don't yet know if this is repeatable but I just thought I would mention it here.

Yes, it does sound like a issue, will try to reproduce it although if you know how that would be great. ;)

i get this error:

Type Script, expect nothing

i'll keep coming back for help even if it kills me. :)

Sorry, my mistake.

I'm currently unable to test it by myself, but this should work:

dummy = this spawn { if (local _this) then { waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic } }; waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray" } }; _this addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray") }; }; 

Thanks for the feedback,

This will be "fixed" in next version, although, if you want to fix it before that, add the following to the units init line that need the action:

dummy = this spawn { if (local _this) then { waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic } }; waitUntil { !isNil { NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray" } }; _this addAction (NEO_radioLogic getVariable "NEO_radioPlayerActionArray") }; }; 

otherwise why the helicopters move so slowly?

Hi,

You mean transport choppers or Cas choppers, or both?

If transport, make sure to set the wanted speed within the unit page.

_neo_

Hi, I select transport, and choose fast speed, but is too slow, very very slow.

I see what you guys mean now, it is not possible currently, but I have taken notes and will see if I can come up with something.

Thanks you mate, i like your script. Keep the good work :bounce3:

Thanks for the feedback,

This will be "fixed" in next version, although, if you want to fix it before that, add the following to the units init line that need the action:

Works! Thank you so much.:thumbs-up:

I think, what the problem is other add, in conflict, all choppers in mission move very slow, when call one ah64 using the high command. Thanks for you great scripts

great,but just one question.how i can add new arty??i use ofrp mod and i want use french arty.

it seems not to be functionnal with OFrP mod or other arty like ACE_M119

It may be because the OFrP and ACE artillery use their own shell classnames and have different systems for firing artillery (instead of art module) which may explain why it is not functioning.