Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

OFrP French Army Mod v3.1

Is there any chance of getting this ACE compatible at all?
A bit late, but the position of the OFrP team is: no.

Hi, our group is working on a Campaign and at the moment, we are placing OFRP units on the map.

We are undecided as how to proceed. Should we continue and hope the update will be an easy replacement of all the hard work already done or should we put it on hold and wait until the update release?

thx!

Hi,

It depends which units you are using ? Most of the soldiers keep their classnames, vehicles also. Some weapons changed, and we add some new stuff.

Indeed, you will have to make few modifications.

Hey guys firstly just like to say that you guys on the Opfp team have done an amazing job with this mod!!! It is a must have for arma 2. Just a question an possible suggestion do you guys think since the armoured selection for the french army atm is quite limited between 2 vehicle (3 if you include Maf) that you might be adding more to the armoured section in the next release? Perhaps adding some of the reserve french armour like the Giat AMX-30 MBT or the AMX-13 Light tank to Complement the Leclerc?

Hey guys firstly just like to say that you guys on the Opfp team have done an amazing job with this mod!!! It is a must have for arma 2. Just a question an possible suggestion do you guys think since the armoured selection for the french army atm is quite limited between 2 vehicle (3 if you include Maf) that you might be adding more to the armoured section in the next release? Perhaps adding some of the reserve french armour like the Giat AMX-30 MBT or the AMX-13 Light tank to Complement the Leclerc?

Have you seen post 159 of this thread already? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129199-OFrP-French-Army-Mod-v3-1&p=2237205&viewfull=1#post2237205

Hi TigerForce,

I've been trying to remember a OFrP coop mission that's on the island of Tropica. You either start at the southern most airport that's on an island. The base looks to be a start point for the mission. The enemy has aircraft so you have to be careful in a helo (Tiger, Puma). I also remember Mirage 2000 in the hangers. I've been trying to find this mission and I've looked all over Armaholic for it. Do you know where I can redownload it? It may also include some ADO, MAF2EXT and R3F mods.

Thanks for making this mod!

Can you guys re-organize the Editor Grouping for OFRP French Army? It is really confusing to me because there are 6 Infantry Names, and a whole bunch of other things that I don't even know what they are. (ISAF??? FELIN?? G3???)

I would be able to understand it more if it was like

Infantry (Woodland)

Infantry (Special Forces)

Infantry (Desert)

Also, it would be very much appreciated if you renamed them from FR to France (or French Armed Forces FAF)

Thanks

Hi TigerForce,

I've been trying to remember a OFrP coop mission that's on the island of Tropica. You either start at the southern most airport that's on an island. The base looks to be a start point for the mission. The enemy has aircraft so you have to be careful in a helo (Tiger, Puma). I also remember Mirage 2000 in the hangers. I've been trying to find this mission and I've looked all over Armaholic for it. Do you know where I can redownload it? It may also include some ADO, MAF2EXT and R3F mods.

Hi GD Mast,

I am sorry, I don't play in Multiplayer so I don't remember what is this mission. You can check on armaholic, missions with tag "OFrP", or on our Website : http://operation-frenchpoint.com/web/forum/forum.php?id=17

Thanks for making this mod!

Can you guys re-organize the Editor Grouping for OFRP French Army? It is really confusing to me because there are 6 Infantry Names, and a whole bunch of other things that I don't even know what they are. (ISAF??? FELIN?? G3???)

I would be able to understand it more if it was like

Infantry (Woodland)

Infantry (Special Forces)

Infantry (Desert)

Also, it would be very much appreciated if you renamed them from FR to France (or French Armed Forces FAF)

Thanks

Hi Leaulux,

I don't think, it is necessary for us to change the names of the different class. ArmA 2 is a game but in the same time a military simulation.

So you have to do with the French "official" names; after a time, you will know it...

For a beginner in the real military "word", it is also difficult to do with the name of the aircrafts. I don't think that a lot of people known what is a AH-1Z, so BIS could also change that name in "attack chopper" for example, but BIS didn't.

For a brief explanation :

ISAF = French Forces in Afghanistan (ISAF Coalition) with a "special" equipment.

G3 = Old infantry before year 2000, we mean for the equipment.

FELIN= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%89LIN

COS= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandement_des_Op%C3%A9rations_Sp%C3%A9ciales

Regards

I don't think, it is necessary for us to change the names of the different class. ArmA 2 is a game but in the same time a military simulation.

So you have to do with the French "official" names; after a time, you will know it...

For a beginner in the real military "word", it is also difficult to do with the name of the aircrafts. I don't think that a lot of people known what is a AH-1Z, so BIS could also change that name in "attack chopper" for example, but BIS didn't.

For a brief explanation :

ISAF = French Forces in Afghanistan (ISAF Coalition) with a "special" equipment.

G3 = Old infantry before year 2000, we mean for the equipment.

FELIN= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F%C3%89LIN

COS= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandement_des_Op%C3%A9rations_Sp%C3%A9ciales

Regards

Personally I would be glad if you just organize mod's structure in editor as default BIS factions are organized.

I mean:

FACTION NAME (France or FAF) -> Unit Type (Air, Air (UNO), Armored, Armored (ISAF), Armored (UNO), Cars, Cars (ISAF), Cars (UNO), Men -> Men (ISAF), Men (G3), Men (COS), Men (UNO), Static, Ammo, Support, Warfare).

header_ofrp.png

Hello everyone,

First of all we are pleased to announce that the release of version 3.2 of the OFrP mod, will be available in few days.

But the purpose of this ad is not to talk about the impending release of OFrP...

After several days of discussing, we decided to make some internal changes, especially with regard to our policy of communication and sharing.

Also we regret to announce to our members that the forum OFrP will soon close its doors a few days after the 3.2 release of the mod, and new registration will certainly not be possible in the future.

We are obliged to change direction and method of work, we are sorry to not be able to give you more explanation.

OFrP website will again become a tool for us, it is what it was originally.

If you want to join us, we invite you to visit and register, if you have not already done so, on the community portal ArmA3.fr / Cfr-ArmA.

You can also contact us on the posts of OFrP on Armaholic or on BIS Forum.

The section of OFrP forum which includes the missions will remain visible a couple of weeks before disappearing also, we advise you again to go through the community portal in the future.

Members who have a special rank, or other partners, keep their rights of access.

See you soon !

OFrP Team

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

header_ofrp.png

Hello all,

We have announced in the previous news that the day of the release was close, well once will not hurt, we give you a date.

It will be possible to download the mod OFrP 3.2 on Sunday, May 5th, that is to say at the end of next week, do not ask us the time, just know that it will be available throughout the day.

You can already see the changelog here: Changelog A2

See you on May 5th.

Regards,

OFrP Team

Great mod. Houria and tonnerre are by far my favorite campaigns including the original OA and Red Harvest!!! The only problem is the houria campaign, level 7 I think. I am a NH90 pilot and have another helo acting as fire support to go to Feruz Abad to evacuate injured. When I land exactly where it tells me to and once landed radio 0-0-1 alpha to get cat alpha on the chopper, nothing happends, no one gets on the chopper or respo nds to the radio call. while waiting I direct the support chopper to attack any enemies that are approaching on foot, but still cant get anyone to board the flight. Please help I'vee been stuck here for months!!!! Thanks again guys and keep up the good work!!