Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

OFrP French Army Mod v3.1

Thank for this initiative William, we were already working on an OFrP_Arty_module, but your last scripts are interesting.

Just one problem, in the next release, the gun and the Caesar truck will be a lone vehicle, as the Grad for exemple.

I have a question : Where do the numbers of your ballistic file come from ?

Concerning the PM, wait a response, but not today, the man in charge of it isn't avalable yet.

TigerForce,

- the CAESAR being a single vehicle including the gun will make things easier. Fewer scripts is better.

- I've computed the shell ballistics using the function ARTY_generateFormattedBTab that is available as part of BI's Arty module. It takes the magazine as input, retrieves the muzzle velocity and air friction from the magazine's config, and computes a look up table. The script will compute the ballistics table in the background (takes up to 2 minutes) and copy the result to the Windows clipboard. Open a text editor, press "Paste" et voila.

You can put the following in the init.sqf of any mission to compute your own ballistics table (and you should do so after changing the ammo initial speed and air friction).

waitUntil {not isnil "BIS_ARTY_LOADED"};
waitUntil {BIS_ARTY_LOADED};

// Compute proper ballistics for the OFrP_18Rnd_155_HE.
["OFrP_18Rnd_155_HE", 40, 89, 1, -1000, 1000, 100] execVM "\ca\modules\arty\data\scripts\ARTY_generateFormattedBTab.sqf";

Parameters for the script are: minimum gun elevation (40 degrees here), max elevation (89), elevation increment (1 degree), min altitude difference (-1000m), max altitude difference (1000m).

You'd typically only change the min and max gun elevation to reflect the artillery vehicle characteristics: some guns cannot raise the muzzle too high or aim too low.

The one thing I've added to the generated ballistics table in the post above is automatic registration of the ammo and magazine with the gun, so the Arty module knows which magazine to load in order to fire HE, SMOKE, etc.

William

the gun and the Caesar truck will be a lone vehicle, as the Grad for exemple.

Thank you, right now I can't really make any use of the Caesar because of it's current setup.

really nice screenshot i hope we get our hand on that soon :p

Very nice, i missed rifle grenades in arma 2 (i remember them from OFP i always liked to use them, and now i can in CWR2 and in OFrP mod)

Very nice, i missed rifle grenades in arma 2 (i remember them from OFP i always liked to use them, and now i can in CWR2 and in OFrP mod)

We use rifle grenades in our army pack (Slovenian), on good old M70AB1 rifles ;)

Rafale Marine over the Charles de Gaulle...

37241_CDGIntro2.jpg

First Rafale C-01 (black colour)

38666_Rafale_C01.png

A news about the config character, which can be changed in "profile".

27241_arma2oa_2012_06_22_20_52_26_93.jpg

French female soldier:

79642_arma2oa_2012_06_24_06_19_02_46.jpg

The artillery config has also been fixed, and now works great with arty module.

Edited by TigerForce

Liking these new screens, especially the units-- having patches and insignia that aren't warped and have proper normal maps is so important in my eyes, the unit is ruined if the insignia aren't done right bc it just ends up looking like murky color stains. These are sharp, and have definition on the uniforms. Been letting a French-based scenario brew upstairs for a while, this will be a great reason to do one finally.

This is looking so epic! :D Keep up the good work! C'est magnifique! J'adore le OFrP! :D

Just keeps getting better and better!

any news about the new released ? i know you don't say some date or anything but i test the mod and it keep crashing for some of my friend (i didn't crash) and i don't know why

I personally cant play the mod , it crashes all the time. I just wait for the release :).

I run this mod in my current playing of my mission, and I seem to get alot of crashes. usually when ordering around troops into/out of vehicles. Is that what other are seeing?

the OFrP team is still working on the v3.2.

they've fixed the crash problem in the v3.2. however, the release has no ETA yet, and most of the team (3 out of 4) is on vacation ATM.

we can only hope a release to the end of summer. and there will be a lot of suprises!