looking at the config... what is it exactly that had to be done to get these turrets to work that folks werent doing earlier? They look just like normal turrets on land vehicle configs...

in one of the beta patches bis changed the code to allow working turrets on planes. the only thing still not working is ai controlled turrets

in one of the beta patches bis changed the code to allow working turrets on planes. the only thing still not working is ai controlled turrets

ok, and what does it mean that AI controlled turrets "dont work"? They wont get in on their own? wont traverse? Wont Fire? Trying to figure out if I want to support this version in my mission.

Thanks for the help.

ai will not move the turrets but will fire at anything in their line of sight

Yeah, did a test of the new version vs the old "attachTo" version, and for AI, at least, you'd want to use the OLD version. Any chance you could release both vehicles in your updated pack, so mission designers could have a choice of an AI-supported version?

And, if not, are you planning on addressing the issue with AI not traversing?

I have discussed this in MANY threads.

Turret on aircraft never used to work AT ALL

Some time in one past patch, the turrets are at least controllable as a PLAYER

BUT

AI manned turrets on aircraft will not engage. They ONLY engage if the target just happens to move in front of the turret

Until BI (fully) fix the turret situation, it is what it is.

VOTE FOR FIX

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29050

Gnat;2239314']I have discussed this in MANY threads.

Turret on aircraft never used to work AT ALL

Some time in one past patch' date=' the turrets are at least controllable as a PLAYER

BUT

AI manned turrets on aircraft will not engage. They ONLY engage if the target just happens to move in front of the turret

Until BI (fully) fix the turret situation, it is what it is.

VOTE FOR FIX

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29050

Understood. but since there exists an already created workaround that works for some needs, do you think it would be possible to add an AC130_AI class that is the old version of this mod with the attachTo strategy, and release it with the new AC130 class?

hi.

This addon doesn´t work right in my combined operations. It fires all 3 weapons straight into a plane direction. Doesn´t metter what direction am I aiming to... Any ideas?

Thanx a lot!

PS: please excause my English, I know it´s pretty bad... :-D

Hi.

It´s working correctly now. After instalation of @CBA_OA... It was simple.

Thanx anyway!

Although lined through the Armaholic mirror available in the first post is fully up to date as far as I know.

Has anyone else recently downloaded this and gets an error with the sounds. When I shoot the weapons they make noises, but when the rounds impact the ground there are no noises. I am running JSRS and ACE with JSRS_ACE just an FYI. Need help trying to patch this, or someone else can. Please I love this mod but can't play it with proper sounds. All help is appreciated.

for the life of me I cannot fix it myself. I'm a good mission maker but not a good modder.

i cant start ac 130 mission ! How its start? i couldnt see mission in campaing or another menu?

appoligies for necro (not really) im wondering if it is at all possible to have this updated or get the source files for this to update it. theres a major lack for this kind of thing in arma 3 without having to download 10+ Gb of shit you'll never use.

current issues regarding this mod and arma 3. gun sounds+ round impact sounds, gunner sights, pilot seating location, engine sounds. possibly more as i did a quick test to see if it even worked at all

that one's broke af, haha instant crashes arma when placed in the editor, virtual arsenal, as for permissions it seems that these guys have all gone awol so legally and morally a lost cause

Shame.

When you said  ''without having to download 10+ Gb of shit you'll never use. '' I guess you would have to back engineer the AC130 scripts from the other mods out there. Plenty to work with.