Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² : Demo³

Ok, having played the latest version of this mod combined with 1.60 patching....

It's not a game anymore.

It's a living, breathing atmosphere that sucks you in....

Screw the pulitzers and oscars... this is just WIN!

:)

@andersson:

Where have you been m8? Would be fun to see you in game also....

Br

VanhA

I played a match of the Serial Killer mission with Mondkalb and some of this friends... very fun gamemode. If you haven't already played this mission, please do yourself a favour and grab a few friends for a match.

I think I found small bug:

resistance soldier(mortar) dont have action to use that "mortar" grenade on rifle, winter resistance soldier can use this "mortar" grenade he got that option in action menu.

Great mod :) cant wait for full release.

I think I found small bug:

resistance soldier(mortar) dont have action to use that "mortar" grenade on rifle, winter resistance soldier can use this "mortar" grenade he got that option in action menu.

Great mod :) cant wait for full release.

Confirmed. Somehow the guy got the wrong weapon. :confused:

Can be fixed in custom missions by removing the Vz.58(cwr2_Vz58) and replacing it with AKM (cwr2_AKM).

I have one more question about russian and usa heavy grenadier with 6g30/MM-1. Both of them dont use front grip in there weapons, its nothing big but now left hend is in the middle of weapon and its does not look too good. I do not know whether it is possible that both units held grenade launchers using that front grip like that soldier with steyr aug. Maybe it is something that you can change but even if not its nothing big.

Good to have torrent links for such big size mod, but if i remember correctly, rutracker.org requires registration, to download. And for people who don't understand russian language, registration is tricky (unless they are not lazy enough to use translators and reach the end of the road without giving up) ... :)

Either way, i blame CWR team, which forgot THIS TIME to provide torrent link ;)

Just joking, best xmas present, specially to play that "after montinaq" campaign's mission for hundred time... I like to take the control of that hind and demolish everyone not friendly. (I hope none of the vehicles in that mission gonna get locked because of me...)

Was away for the holidays and no one told me about the release! :eek:

Here is the Torrent link: http://cwr.armedzone.com/files/cwr2_demo3.rar.torrent

Links on Cold War Rearmed² Homepage updated

Was away for the holidays and no one told me about the release! :eek:

That's because you never read the chats. :p

Thanks for the torrent link, added to the first post now.

The 6G30 and MM1 weapons are ugly temporary weapons because at some point Celery wanted them. One day they will get some love too. :)

I played a match of the Serial Killer mission with Mondkalb and some of this friends... very fun gamemode. If you haven't already played this mission, please do yourself a favour and grab a few friends for a match.

That mission was fun in OFP times, reminds me to have ago of it. I wonder what Plane Crazy looks like on Malden now :)

Thank you for all your hard work :yay:

Mission creators: Give Mikeros cwr2ofp a try when editing old OFP missions. It could save you a lot of headache trying to find the correct replacement classname!

What is this and how does it work?

As I had to no access to an Arma cappable PC over the holidays it took me some time, but I finally messed around a bit and even played multiplayer.

Great work and thanks a lot to everyone involved!

And because it wouldn't be proper behaviour to leave a post without a request: I demand the Mini back, to go with the Trabant deathtraps :D

Thank you for all your hard work :yay:

Mission creators: Give Mikeros cwr2ofp a try when editing old OFP missions. It could save you a lot of headache trying to find the correct replacement classname!

What is this and how does it work?

It's some sort of replacement Mod which "translates" the original class names to the new ones. That means you can load the original missions in the editor and can use it without replacing the class names first.

And because it wouldn't be proper behaviour to leave a post without a request: I demand the Mini back, to go with the Trabant deathtrap

Believe me, you don't want the Mini right now. You only would cry. :D

It's some sort of replacement Mod which "translates" the original class names to the new ones. That means you can load the original missions in the editor and can use it without replacing the class names first.

Can you give a link to it? Google returns only clones of your first message.

I think it's included in the demo package. Check your mod folder for cwr2ofp.pbo.

Where did you get this number from?

I'm leaning toward not true. But, characterizing what is 'done' is a bit difficult. For instance, we have the old models for the skoda rapids and the mini, and no solid prospects for their replacement. Can we release them as 'done' in this state, or are they zero percent 'done'?

At any rate, we have a lot done finished and our next planned major release, as w0lle said, will be the full mod. Putting an arbitrary (and very specific) number on what percentage we have completed isn't really descriptive of the situation.

That's just a view of the percentage of bug reports we have closed on our public bug tracker. It has nothing to do with anything but the bugs the community reports. You see there are 12 bugs there that someone (one of you guys or one of us) has set the target version for the final release. Of 12, 11 are closed ~ 91.666 percent. There are many bugs with no target version and that sort of thing as well... so don't view that as representative of any real situation.

Edited by Max Power

Hi CWR-Team,

again great work you did on version 3! Keep it going ;)

Sadly I still got an annoying bug:

In Campaign after loading the instructions/map-screen for the 5th mission (having a break at the camp), this strange error message appears:

"Campaigns\cwr2_1985_demo\missions\03bAlert.eden\m ission.sqm/Mission/Vehicles/Item17.vehicle: Vehicle class MineMinE no longer exists". When I start the mission, the Chief runs to his next waypoint about 1 km away. A few minutes later he tells us to get to his position. The rest of my team mates won't ever move. The M113 which is supposed to take all of us there just heads through the village without stoping and waitung for us to board. The mission as the rest of the campaign is not playable.

I'm using ArmA OA Combined Operations with the latest RC6, the latest Beta and CWR 3 with latest mission builds.

Are you sure you're using the latest campaign from the 24-12 missions pack?

Edited by Celery

Yes I am. I already reportet this bug to Max Power a few months ago. I always stay up to date with your latest releases ^^

Looking at the 24-12 mission.sqm, there is no MineMinE object, just MineMineE as it should be. No errors when I played it. :confused:

Perhaps delete your campaigns and missions and reapply them? It is odd you are still getting this error. You should not lose your progress if you replace the campaign and/or mission files.