Thanks for the fast turn around Sickboy.

Now I realise why CIT is worth the login, and also its the first time I reported something that helped, previously I posted things that were not so helpful (many moons ago) .. :)

Glad to hear mr cash and thanks for participating ;-)

The first step towards a (swift) fix is a report with sufficient details, at the right place ;-)

Sickboy,

Thank you and your team for your fantastic work, it should really give you a source of pride.

I am an intelligent man, and a busy one, and slight noob, and I prefer simple installers etc. I have webspace and am happy to host a installer for 1.13 if you want.

I was thinking of just zipping these files and putting them in one file, and having a simple pop up free downloading experience. Would that be any use to you?

regards,

Ahmed.

Alright, question time lads.

Hooking up a cool coop mission for a unit playing with ACE and latest cba etc etc.. all updated and working fine and dandy.

now we play tested it last night and we couldnt make use of the backpack system, got myself an ACR backpack from the ACE USMC weapon box and no go! the Pack button in the gear GUI is greyish and not clickable.

everything else works like a charm though,

any thoughts about this?

Sickboy,

Thank you and your team for your fantastic work, it should really give you a source of pride.

I am an intelligent man, and a busy one, and slight noob, and I prefer simple installers etc. I have webspace and am happy to host a installer for 1.13 if you want.

I was thinking of just zipping these files and putting them in one file, and having a simple pop up free downloading experience. Would that be any use to you?

regards,

Ahmed.

Hi, Thanks for the kind words and offer.

If you like you can mirror the stable packages as available on our Download page: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

However ACE still recommends the ongoing development builds with latest hotfixes, obtained through Six Updater.

The stable packages will soon be updated with latest hotfixes.

Edited by Sickboy

now we play tested it last night and we couldnt make use of the backpack system, got myself an ACR backpack from the ACE USMC weapon box and no go! the Pack button in the gear GUI is greyish and not clickable.

everything else works like a charm though,

any thoughts about this?

Do you have the "No Stamina" module on the mission? If so this will disable the ability to pack equipment.

Ahh yes, some lazy bastard member requested that module.

thanks for the info, appreciate it!

I have always noticed that ACE2 hits my FPS by around an avg of 5/6 frames...is the latest release any better in this regard. My OA vanilla fps is borderline as it is, wanted to enjoy ACE2 again though after uninstalling it.

thanks...

Hi, Thanks for the kind words and offer.

If you like you can mirror the stable packages as available on our Download page: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

However ACE still recommends the ongoing development builds with latest hotfixes, obtained through Six Updater.

The stable packages will soon be updated with latest hotfixes.

After trying it, its so much easier with the six updater, that I think I would actually be doing everyone a dis-service by hosting the files and not the six updater, so I will leave it.

thanks,

Hi ya's

I'm updating some of my aircraft, and if it isn't too painful, I'll add some config entries to improve ACE compatibility.

Weapons will all be from the Missilebox

Will be single and double seaters

Please provide recommended entries.

One example I do have;

ACE_SYS_EJECT_EJECT = 1;
	ACE_SYS_EJECT_JUMP = 0;
	ace_ejection_seat = "ACE_ACESII";

I use old Acex wit ace1.13 and sometimes an error message pops out something like cant find cfg models default or something or cfg magazines. Ace1.13 requires the latest version of Acex?

It doesn't seem to work for me either. I can't remember the last time I even used an AI teammate so it's possible they changed it to something else.

Edited by Strikor

My friend and I want to get back into ACE because... well it's simply awesome! We've just got one question however. Is there a way to tone down or disable the annoying effects of your ears ringing and such? That high squeal noise when you fire a machine gun is much more subtle in real life. In ACE mod it's quite unbearable. It is so bad (and unrealistic) I stopped using ACE just for that reason. If it happened every once in a while it'd be fine, but it happens so often it's unbearable! If a tank fires, a machine gun fires, or anything too loud happens nearby

happens.

I've fired a KSVK and an M240 with no ear protection. I've only had a little ringing in my ears afterwards so I don't know where your incredibly obnoxious noises came from.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Is there a way to tone down or disable the annoying effects of your ears ringing and such? That high squeal noise when you fire a machine gun is much more subtle in real life. In ACE mod it's quite unbearable.

you must use Ear plugs , then it is ok :D

you must use Ear plugs , then it is ok :D

So every time I spawn in an MP game I have to find an ammo crate with those in it, put it in my inventory, and then go through the menu to put them in? Ear plugs should be 'activated' normally, then have the option to be taken out manually. Anybody I've ever seen puts ear plugs in before they are in a combat zone so they don't have to screw with it later. The effect is greatly exaggerated anyway compared to real life. I've never known anybody to go deaf from firing even an M2 without ear plugs.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

No, every time you play as a machingunner, the earplugs should already be in your inventory. 25% of U.S. servicemen suffer from tinnitus from normal weapon usage.

Ah I see thank you for the info. After playing around on my server with ACE it's officially awesome again. We're having a real blast! The only downside I've seen is the incompatibility with WarFX Blastcore. It really is a shame looking at the default BIS effects.

Ah I see thank you for the info. After playing around on my server with ACE it's officially awesome again. We're having a real blast! The only downside I've seen is the incompatibility with WarFX Blastcore. It really is a shame looking at the default BIS effects.

They are incompatible? I have been running both alongside for a while and I don't notice any obvious problems. What exactly breaks when you run both ACE and Blastcore?

They are incompatible? I have been running both alongside for a while and I don't notice any obvious problems. What exactly breaks when you run both ACE and Blastcore?

Me too. Just make sure that ACE has a higher priority.

ok im somewhat new to ACE...but i cant figure out some stuff:

I cannot deploy any CSW (using the M252 gunner in this case)...ive read the thing on dev-heaven about to how to deploy CSW, but i get no action to deploy tripod or anything. and when i use the AI CSW module i get no option to get the AI to deploy a tripod or anything.

Also cant figure out how to tow vehicles. ive tried positioning the vehicles (Humvees in this case) front to front, rear to rear, rear to front, and front to rear. both vehicles have a tow cable...i just dont get the option to attach the tow ropes. also read the how-to on dev-heaven

theres gotta be something simple that im overlooking.