Did you turn your designator on? Use the scroll wheel to turn it on, it should auto range and the missiles lock on to the laser automatically. The AGM-114L locks on like the normal BIS ones. The FCS in ACE is very realistic.

Thanks for responses.

When I set myself to play as Gunner, I am able to use the designator just fine. Though I find after a few seconds of having it on, my game begins to lag badly (despite having a very powerful PC).

Though I mainly prefer to play as the pilot and just go into manual gunner mode, however, in the MG mode, there is no option for Designator on the list...?

You might be out of luck on that one. It does not seem to have been designed with manual fire in mind, though I still see people using it on a regular basis.

The AI gunner should zero the gun automatically when ordered to aim at something. I don't think you need to turn on the designator.

Yea Maturin, the AI gunner does, but it's me that wants to do it.

Cheers for clearing that up Strikor..

hello,

our server crashs at start with last ace version.

error from server side (server 1.6)

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found.

Cannot include file \x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp

mod:

@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@cba;

Hotfix deployed on Six Updater for http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27397

Will probably update Stable package next week after confirmation, etc.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

hello,

our server crashs at start with last ace version.

error from server side (server 1.6)

Include file x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp not found.

Cannot include file \x\ace\addons\main\script_macros.hpp

mod:

@ace;@acex;@acex_sm;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@cba;

Somehow the @ACE mod folder isn't loaded, or is incomplete (specifically ace_main.pbo missing/corrupt), verify the files, and the startup parameter

Edited by Sickboy

All units in my game will only hit once or twice per clip under optimal shooting conditions at 300m.

Sickboy:

That's something for the ACE / ASR trackers then IMO: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/27413

Also make sure you run the latest hotfixes from Six Updater.

You were right. I ran the game with vanilla 1.60 and fullprecision CDF riflemen were hitting with 1/3 of their rounds at 300m. Snipers were hitting with half. This is many time better than my results through many builds of ACE.

I'll look into it and make a ticket, but I don't have any useful materials for a ticket is yet. What is likely to be the cause? Does ACE make changes that ruin AI accuracy, or is it just causing my config file to be improperly read?

hi guys

the sheer depth of the vanilla game itself is daunting, but with the ace, its getting out of proportions. More times than not I find myself banging against the wall trying to figure out whats wrong with thegame only to find it was my inability to grasp the "feature".

all of the below pertains to the missions that come bundled with ACE, I kinda expected they would fully utilize its features.

a) the new map system and map sharing/drawing in the ACE was one of the bigger WOW factors for me, and also the reasons why I even started the whole modding process. Now in theory I SHOULD be able to give the map tools to my partners in coop missions through the editor right, because for some reason they arent available anywhere in the bundled ACE coop missions

b) when someone is down and in need of assistance, I sometimes am given an option to help him walk. What is the condition of this to work, because most of the times I see it greyed out

c) dont understand how to save the changes I make in ACE settings. Where should I paste them ? If I open arma clippy I can only change the settings that arent available ingame anyway

please excuse my ignorance here, I am completely new, everything is just too big at the moment, so I turn to the veterans !

best regards, happy holidays

vele

Hey, I was wondering what people thought was the best AI mod to use with ACE? what are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Somehow the @ACE mod folder isn't loaded, or is incomplete (specifically ace_main.pbo missing/corrupt), verify the files, and the startup parameter

thanks you for your answer, i just reinstall totaly the server and the ace files.

it seems to work well. Just a question for my personnal information, why do we have to install the userconfig on the serverside ? :D

hi guys

b) when someone is down and in need of assistance, I sometimes am given an option to help him walk. What is the condition of this to work, because most of the times I see it greyed out

Probably when he has wounded legs, but is conscious.

code34: parts of ASR AI are actually implemented inside ACE, so the full version is bound to work well with it.

Hi Sickboy and users,

I think I may have something for CIT for a hotfix ...

Since the hotfix if I set my team AI to Danger mode and then set them prone, they never stay still, they keep doing a evasive roll over and over and never stop until I put them back into aware. Effectively danger and prone = gamebreak at the moment.

I tested 1.60 no betas and 1.13 with hotfix & all other mods removed (with CBA obviously), it must be since hotfix as I had 1.13 with a campaign, where I had team AI setup and a sniper to attack a camp which was fine, since I saved I hotfixed and then when I loaded save they are all prone (at the time I saved) and all 12 men keep rolling around prone like nutters. If I remove ace and stick with vanilla 1.60 and do the same, all is well, put ace back and the behaviour comes back.

I tested this on utes with standard stock USMC team and the same.

First of all, can anyone with latest hotfix, drop a team on map, become leader, set them danger, set them prone ... do you get the same rolling behaviour?? I dont want to CIT if I really have missed something my end, plus its nearly new year and must go off now and drink lots.

Edited by mrcash2009

I have a similar issue that code 34 did..the error I get after loading ACE mod on my new server. is

Version 1.60.87548

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

I dont see a "userconfig" folder in the server files..just a cfg folder with "server" on it..wich has the server profile etc in it..is that where the ace_clientside_config.hpp is supposed to be?..any help or verification would be great...

By the way..really like the newest update for ACE..noticed alot of new/better/changed things...great mod..thanks for all of the hardwork!

JC

Can the KAB-500KR be guided? It isn't mentioned anywhere in documentation.

I see that CQB mode (looking over top of weapon sights) is in the deleted features list. The ACE docs say something about instead using OA's inbuilt CQB mode - can't find how to use this, can anyone help?

Trying to post a CIT, but is deavheaven down? I cant get to it, just times out.

EDIT I got to dev heaven with database errors, not sure who to report it to:

There appears to be a database problem.

• Your config/database.yml may not be written correctly. Please check it and fix any errors.
  • Your database schema may be out of date or nonexistant. Please run rake db:migrate to ensure that the database schema is up-to-date.
  • The database server may not be running. Please check whether it's running, and start it if it isn't.

Error message:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) (Mysql::Error)Exception class:                      Mysql::Error              Application root:         /var/www/dev-heaven/rails     Backtrace:                                                    #                 File                 Line                 Location                                                            0                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb                     620                     in `real_connect'                                                                    1                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb                     620                     in `connect'                                                                    2                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb                     203                     in `initialize'                                                                    3                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb                     75                     in `new'                                                                    4                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/mysql_adapter.rb                     75                     in `mysql_connection'                                                                    5                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     223                     in `send'                                                                    6                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     223                     in `new_connection'                                                                    7                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     245                     in `checkout_new_connection'                                                                    8                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     188                     in `checkout'                                                                    9                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     184                     in `loop'                                                                    10                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     184                     in `checkout'                                                                    11                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb                     242                     in `synchronize'                                                                    12                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     183                     in `checkout'                                                                    13                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     98                     in `connection'                                                                    14                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb                     326                     in `retrieve_connection'                                                                    15                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb                     123                     in `retrieve_connection'                                                                    16                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb                     115                     in `connection'                                                                    17                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/plugins/awesome_nested_set/lib/awesome_nested_set.rb                     218                     in `quoted_left_column_name'                                                                    18                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/plugins/awesome_nested_set/lib/awesome_nested_set.rb                     93                     in `acts_as_nested_set'                                                                    19                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/app/models/issue.rb                     37                     
                                                                  20                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `gem_original_require'                                                                    21                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `require'                                                                    22                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     184                     in `require'                                                                    23                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     291                     in `require_or_load'                                                                    24                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     451                     in `load_missing_constant'                                                                    25                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     106                     in `const_missing'                                                                    26                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     118                     in `const_missing'                                                                    27                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     463                     in `load_missing_constant'                                                                    28                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     122                     in `const_missing'                                                                    29                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/app/models/project.rb                     40                     
                                                                  30                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `gem_original_require'                                                                    31                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `require'                                                                    32                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     184                     in `require'                                                                    33                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     291                     in `require_or_load'                                                                    34                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     451                     in `load_missing_constant'                                                                    35                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     106                     in `const_missing'                                                                    36                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     118                     in `const_missing'                                                                    37                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     463                     in `load_missing_constant'                                                                    38                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     122                     in `const_missing'                                                                    39                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/app/models/query.rb                     137                     
                                                                  40                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `gem_original_require'                                                                    41                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `require'                                                                    42                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     184                     in `require'                                                                    43                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     291                     in `require_or_load'                                                                    44                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     250                     in `depend_on'                                                                    45                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     162                     in `require_dependency'                                                                    46                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/plugins/redmine_vote/lib/query_vote_patch.rb                     1                     
                                                                  47                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `gem_original_require'                                                                    48                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     54                     in `require'                                                                    49                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb                     184                     in `require'                                                                    50                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/plugins/redmine_vote/init.rb                     4                     in `evaluate_init_rb'                                                                    51                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin.rb                     158                     in `evaluate_init_rb'                                                                    52                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/activesupport/lib/active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb                     11                     in `silence_warnings'                                                                    53                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin.rb                     154                     in `evaluate_init_rb'                                                                    54                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin.rb                     48                     in `load'                                                                    55                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/config/../vendor/plugins/engines/lib/engines/plugin.rb                     44                     in `load'                                                                    56                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin/loader.rb                     38                     in `load_plugins'                                                                    57                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin/loader.rb                     37                     in `each'                                                                    58                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/rails/plugin/loader.rb                     37                     in `load_plugins'                                                                    59                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb                     369                     in `load_plugins'                                                                    60                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb                     165                     in `process'                                                                    61                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb                     113                     in `send'                                                                    62                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb                     113                     in `run'                                                                    63                     /var/www/dev-heaven/rails/config/environment.rb                     24                     
                                                                  64                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     36                     in `gem_original_require'                                                                    65                     /usr/local/rvm/rubies/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb                     36                     in `require'                                                                    66                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb                     222                     in `preload_application'                                                                    67                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb                     181                     in `initialize_server'                                                                    68                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/utils.rb                     572                     in `report_app_init_status'                                                                    69                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb                     174                     in `initialize_server'                                                                    70                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb                     204                     in `start_synchronously'                                                                    71                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb                     180                     in `start'                                                                    72                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/classic_rails/application_spawner.rb                     149                     in `start'                                                                    73                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb                     219                     in `spawn_rails_application'                                                                    74                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb                     132                     in `lookup_or_add'                                                                    75                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb                     214                     in `spawn_rails_application'                                                                    76                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb                     82                     in `synchronize'                                                                    77                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server_collection.rb                     79                     in `synchronize'                                                                    78                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb                     213                     in `spawn_rails_application'                                                                    79                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb                     132                     in `spawn_application'                                                                    80                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/spawn_manager.rb                     275                     in `handle_spawn_application'                                                                    81                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb                     357                     in `__send__'                                                                    82                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb                     357                     in `server_main_loop'                                                                    83                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/lib/phusion_passenger/abstract_server.rb                     206                     in `start_synchronously'                                                                    84                     /usr/local/rvm/gems/ree-1.8.7-2011.03/gems/passenger-3.0.11/helper-scripts/passenger-spawn-server                     99

Edited by mrcash2009

I see that CQB mode (looking over top of weapon sights) is in the deleted features list. The ACE docs say something about instead using OA's inbuilt CQB mode - can't find how to use this, can anyone help?

I remapped mine but I believe the default is / on the numpad. It should also be somewhere in the jumbled mess known as the keybindings menu.

I have a similar issue that code 34 did..the error I get after loading ACE mod on my new server. is

Version 1.60.87548

ErrorMessage: Include file userconfig\ace\ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

I dont see a "userconfig" folder in the server files..just a cfg folder with "server" on it..wich has the server profile etc in it..is that where the ace_clientside_config.hpp is supposed to be?..any help or verification would be great...

JC

look inside the @Ace folder than store and you'll find userconfig,unzip it on the main directory of Arma and voila';)

default is / of the numpad

Hello

Me and my friend are playing a mission which uses ace wounds

When we get injured the players are placed under the ground and become none visible to other players

When we find the players tag and revive them they are then walking half in the ground half out most of the time.

anyone else getting this

and what other info do you need ?

Thanks

BL1P

look inside the @Ace folder than store and you'll find userconfig,unzip it on the main directory of Arma and voila';)

default is / of the numpad

Thanks ZIO for the reply..yep that did the trick..I did get same error again except with acre..so did the same thing with that and now all seems good..appreciate the reply!

JC