I have a question regarding "ACE_sys_explosions", i.e. the use of satchels etc. Seems I can't order AI anymore to place charges. How can I get AI to use the new ordnance?

Thanks for the reply. Isn't it possible to open and close the aiming ladder? I'm sure I remember there being a button last time I tried ACE that let you flip it up and down. but now I can't find it.

It doesn't always work for all sights, but last time I checked you double-press "2" (or whatever your "switch to grenade launcher" button is).

Hi,

this was posted on another thread aswell, was told to post it here:

i have been trying around for several days now, also couldnt find any post that would solve my problem.

I created a unit via createUnit command. Ace wounding system module is place in Editor.

I want to put that unit unconscious via sqf script from a separate file. Calling the script and so on works fine, though the units dont fall unconscious.

_victim1 = "Worker1" createUnit [[_x + 2.4, _y - 4, _z],_civgroup];
_victim2 = "Worker2" createUnit [[_x - 1.7, _y + 5, _z],_civgroup];

[_victim1,0.5] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage;
[_victim1, 1] call ace_blackoutAll;

[_victim2,0.5] call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_addDamage;
[_victim2, 1] call ace_blackoutAll;
hint "victims injured"; 

Anyone has an idea? Do i have to somehow load the ACE functions before using them?

Any help is appreciated!

I have investigated further on this issue.

It seems that if i place the units in editor, i can make them unconscious with this script. If i create the units with createUnit, they do not get injured by the script. How can i make them unconscious when i dynamically created them via script?

Thanks in advance!

Is anyone else having some major issues with the Six Updater?

Both on my system and on my server box, keep getting update errors when i start the program. On my server it wasnt updating the MOD's, they were displaying green even though they were outdated.

I reinstalled the SU on both, now i cant get any of the default ACE presets to show up, just "Dynamic". Also cannot see anything on the "MODS" tab.

Quote1

Hello fellas.

Is there any way to assign the "Civilian interactions/Verbal commands" to another custom key??

The 'default' hold-interaction button gets tricky when used 'indoors'.

Quote 2

Hello guys.

I m trying (for a trigger condition) to get the "Unconcious" as lifeState of a unit (using ACE) but..

even the unit is practically "unconscious" i m still getting the "Alive" status.

P.S. i m already of course using ACE_wounding module

------------------------------

Maybe it's the moon phase..but it's rather annoying nobody from the darn ACE mod doesn't gives a dime

to respond.

If my English are so bad i can post in Hellenic language..

(FFS)

Quote1

Hello fellas.

Is there any way to assign the "Civilian interactions/Verbal commands" to another custom key??

The 'default' hold-interaction button gets tricky when used 'indoors'.

Quote 2

Hello guys.

I m trying (for a trigger condition) to get the "Unconcious" as lifeState of a unit (using ACE) but..

even the unit is practically "unconscious" i m still getting the "Alive" status.

P.S. i m already of course using ACE_wounding module

------------------------------

Maybe it's the moon phase..but it's rather annoying nobody from the darn ACE mod doesn't gives a dime

to respond.

If my English are so bad i can post in Hellenic language..

(FFS)

If you want us to reply, you should post your issues at our tracker directly.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2

There is no official support in the forums, this is just for discussion.

Besides: Have you already either searched the whole internet or - at least - checked our online documentation (Refer to my signature)? - I don't reply to your reply to my reply, so please use the tracker :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply but..

If i thought the subject of my question were Issues/Features or Bugs

i would have already post them at tracker.

All i wanted is 2 lines of darn code from someone who knows the answer for each of 2 questions. :confused: :confused:

P.S. Plxxxxx..don't send me to documentation page.

I have it long time ago bookmarked :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

sickboy, which init line is the best for mando missile? I'd really like to combine both, ace and mando. But when i use ace init line, i don't have the monocle like on apache for example. Before is start trying around, i just wanna ask if these 2 mods are somehow conflicting..

is it possible to turn off the ace targeting system, like only the gunner in apache can fire hellfire and has that target-system on dialog in action menu that appears yellow? i'd like to turn that off and replace it with mando..Any help appreciated

i think it's this Aircraft Multi Function Display (MFD) - ACE Wagn - Advanced Combat Environment , can i turn that off with code in the init.sqf , so it becomes vanilla and i use mando instead?

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Can someone confirm this?:

When I played Manhatan from Harvest Red I noticed floating Jerry cans all over the place (in the Towns).

Do they get spawned like vehicels?

Vanilla missions/campaign that weren't made with ACE2 are -NOT- compatible and will have bugs. (IE vanilla missions/campaigns that came with the game)

Not to sound mean XD

Vanilla missions/campaign that weren't made with ACE2 are -NOT- compatible and will have bugs. (IE vanilla missions/campaigns that came with the game)

Not to sound mean XD

Well yes I know that, but I smell a roblem with the vehicle spawning module.

EDIT: And RPT gets spamed with entrys like this

[24494,1164.67,4910.58,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (c137b040# 1215377: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24495,1164.73,4910.65,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (cfa30100# 1215378: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24495,1164.73,4910.65,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (f0086080# 1215380: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24496,1164.79,4910.72,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (cf576080# 1215386: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24496,1164.79,4910.72,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (cbcef040# 1215388: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24497,1164.85,4910.79,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (f55ce080# 1215389: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24498,1164.91,4910.85,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (cb63a080# 1215392: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

[24499,1165,4910.91,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:62","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (d0028100# 1215396: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]

Opened Ticket

Edited by Tonci87

Not to sound mean XD

Vanilla missions and other missions not created for ACE should work just fine with ACE other than possible balancing issues and e.g the Vehicle Damage Simulation System might cause triggers to fail if not adjusted for ACE.

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Vehicle_Damage_System+notes

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:31 ----------

Opened Ticket
Thanks Tonci.

---------- Post added at 14:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Thanks for taking the time to reply but..

If i thought the subject of my question were Issues/Features or Bugs

i would have already post them at tracker.

All i wanted is 2 lines of darn code from someone who knows the answer for each of 2 questions. :confused: :confused:

P.S. Plxxxxx..don't send me to documentation page.

I have it long time ago bookmarked :)

If you post the questions in the thread, if you are lucky another user responds with the answer. If you post it to the tracker, you get our attention instead. There's no rule preventing you from linking the ticket here for others.
sickboy, which init line is the best for mando missile? I'd really like to combine both, ace and mando. But when i use ace init line, i don't have the monocle like on apache for example. Before is start trying around, i just wanna ask if these 2 mods are somehow conflicting..

is it possible to turn off the ace targeting system, like only the gunner in apache can fire hellfire and has that target-system on dialog in action menu that appears yellow? i'd like to turn that off and replace it with mando..Any help appreciated

i think it's this Aircraft Multi Function Display (MFD) - ACE Wagn - Advanced Combat Environment , can i turn that off with code in the init.sqf , so it becomes vanilla and i use mando instead?

As stated by Rocko a few posts above, and like forever - For feedback, bug reports and support, please find our issue tracker - that's where we watch and respond.

This thread is mostly only for announcements, and discussion between users. If you want to get other people's opinions about a ticket - just link it here.

In any case, I don't have any idea about your issues in regards to ACE and Mando, and I reckon neither do the rest of the ACE devs.

Edited by Sickboy

-snip- it has been resolved.

Edited by cuel

I wonder if anyone can help.

I need to either

a) Disable the ACE logistics (towing/cargo etc) completely

or

b)specify particular vehicles so that they can not tow other vehicles

thanks in advance

L85A2 AWS I thought this one was Thermal? is it changed to only nightvision?

The UK army uses the AWS sight for infared (Night vision) and the LWTI/VIPER sight for thermal, i belive BIS configed it incorrectly (or they couldn't be bothered modeling a seccond weapon) though the AWS did have the pretty coloured thermal which i now miss :mad:

same here! stupid that ace deleted the coloured thermal! better to have deleted the night vision!......

anyway I guess its time to see if I can replace it again with the thermal colour ^^ by making a addon

i got a question, how can i add jerrycans for tranferring fuel into my mission. Is there any module so it's in every vehicle or how does that work. i've never seen one of them yet

The UK army uses the AWS sight for infared (Night vision) and the LWTI/VIPER sight for thermal, i belive BIS configed it incorrectly (or they couldn't be bothered modeling a seccond weapon) though the AWS did have the pretty coloured thermal which i now miss :mad:

The UK uses CWS (Common Weapon Sight) as a night-vision sight.

One of the BIS devs told me that the sight in BAF is a fictional future variant of KITE/CWS (a 4th-5th Generation device) that within the existing 'limits' of the available NVG and TI shaders, they intended to come across as being a bit like the technology used on the AN/PSQ-20 ENVG. They chose the moniker AWS to mean 'Advanced Weapon Sight'.

It's an intentional design choice for the BAF Scenario like the EOTechs on the SA80s, and the future 40mm turret on the Warrior (albeit the wrong one).

I imagine the ACE devs chose to revert the weapon to a 'real' sight instead of a fictional one, given the nature of their mod.

Since the last update on Six my Domination ACE map is bugging out. After a couple of deaths people are becoming invulnerable.

If i am using a 113 ambulance or a med tent should I not be able to get a full heal there , do i have to do anything as i am getting no options to heal.

Thanks

Since the last update on Six my Domination ACE map is bugging out. After a couple of deaths people are becoming invulnerable.

Link to mission? and if you want support from the ace team go to the devheavn page.

Link to mission? and if you want support from the ace team go to the devheavn page.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was an ACE bug otherwise I would have gone there, was just checking to see if anyone else was having issues. Turns out it was a missing semi colon in one of my scripts. I just happened to notice the bug just after Ace updated.

I wonder if anyone can help.

I need to either

a) Disable the ACE logistics (towing/cargo etc) completely

or

b)specify particular vehicles so that they can not tow other vehicles

thanks in advance

Very interested in this as well...

Anyone??