How do I use balaclava / tactical sunglasses etc? I have edited the userconfig settings by changing the user name value from "john Doe" to "Andreas", but it still doesn't work. I have also picked up the balaclava to the inventory by this addWeapon "ACE_GlassesBalaklava", it appears in inventory but it I don't know how to wear it (Action menu says nothing). What I suppose to do?

You need to make sure that your Self Interaction Menu key is bound. It's in there.

I've answered this question like five times now, and I'm not an ACE dev. Seems like an ACE dev could return the favor and tell me how to find RHA penetration estimates for weapons in the config files. :cool: I already found vehicle armor estimates by using a diagnostic version of ace_main.pbo.

You need to make sure that your Self Interaction Menu key is bound. It's in there.

I've answered this question like five times now, and I'm not an ACE dev. Seems like an ACE dev could return the favor and tell me how to find RHA penetration estimates for weapons in the config files. :cool: I already found vehicle armor estimates by using a diagnostic version of ace_main.pbo.

Can you grab them from the Vehicle and Ammo configs, e.g: http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/M1A1/config

(Click "Full" to include inherited properties)

Or from ACE repository browser at dev-heaven.net, sys_vehicle_damage, c_weapon, c_vehicle, for ACE and A2/OA assets, and ACEX equilevants/vehicle specific c_ addons?

Ah, thanks, that first link is just what I was looking for.

Edit: Okay, worked it all out. Cheers.

Edited by maturin

How would you add cargo to a vehicle at the beginning of a mission using the ACE system? I can get it to work using the gear menu but I would like to have it in the ACE menu.

Essentially want to add preloaded cargo to helicopters and such. But I can't find the function to use for that.

Thanks!

Anyone getting an error (with the latest hotfix, March 26th) about "ace/sys_cargo" that tells you to check the .rpt for details?

I did, and when I search for "cargo" I get this kind of line repeated 3 or 4 times, "[31716,404.109,0,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:65","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (edf9d0c0# 271987: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]". There are of course different numbers and IDs and such on each repeat, and I haven't done thorough testing, but I suspect it has something to do with helicopters.

Yea, i've been getting errors recently with the jerrycan not displaying a image aswell, might be rocko messing around with that bug with the LHD's and jerrycans.

How would you add cargo to a vehicle at the beginning of a mission using the ACE system? I can get it to work using the gear menu but I would like to have it in the ACE menu.

Essentially want to add preloaded cargo to helicopters and such. But I can't find the function to use for that.

Thanks!

Check the docs for tech info: http://wiki.ace-mod.net/Cargo

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Anyone getting an error (with the latest hotfix, March 26th) about "ace/sys_cargo" that tells you to check the .rpt for details?

I did, and when I search for "cargo" I get this kind of line repeated 3 or 4 times, "[31716,404.109,0,"x\ace\Addons\sys_cargo\fnc_loadCargo.sqf:65","WARNING: Weight/Volume of cargo (edf9d0c0# 271987: ace_jerrycan.p3d) exceeds allowed values"]". There are of course different numbers and IDs and such on each repeat, and I haven't done thorough testing, but I suspect it has something to do with helicopters.

Yea, i've been getting errors recently with the jerrycan not displaying a image aswell, might be rocko messing around with that bug with the LHD's and jerrycans.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29753

Hello fellas.

Is there any way to assign the "Civilian interactions/Verbal commands" to another custom key??

The 'default' hold-interaction button gets tricky when used 'indoors'.

:/

I get this too....

Sync with SU portal. Periodic auto-sync is currently broken, fixed SU build coming next days.

Sync with SU portal. Periodic auto-sync is currently broken, fixed SU build coming next days.

Got it! Should have tried that before posting here... Thanks!

Hello fellas.

Is there any way to assign the "Civilian interactions/Verbal commands" to another custom key??

The 'default' hold-interaction button gets tricky when used 'indoors'.

:/

Last attempt-i ll quote myself.

If none knows-how nevermind :)

Couple of quick questions, can anyone help me? I'm currently setting up an ammo box for a mission and I'm a bit confused by some of the variants of the weapons and ammo.

First the magazine suffixs. I understand that T is tracer and SD is silenced, but whats SB, AP, EP, B and AP_S? Also whats the difference between ACE_1Rnd_CS_GP25 and ACE_1Rnd_HE_GP25P or ACE_SSWhite_GP25 and 1Rnd_SMOKE_GP25.

30Rnd_762x39_AK47
ACE_30Rnd_762x39_AP_AK47
ACE_30Rnd_762x39_AP_S_AK47
ACE_30Rnd_762x39_SD_AK47
ACE_30Rnd_762x39_T_AK47
ACE_30Rnd_545x39_EP_AK
ACE_45Rnd_545x39_B_AK

I have a similar problem with the guns. What do UP, F, FL, L, FL/L. For example whats the difference between these?

ACE_AK74M_PSO
ACE_AK74M_PSO_FL
ACE_AK74M_PSO_FL_F

ACE_G36A1_AG36A1_D
ACE_G36A1_AG36A1_D_F
ACE_G36A1_AG36A1_D_UP
ACE_G36A1_AG36A1_D_UP_F

The _F is flashlight the one without the _F is laser. They did this to allow people to have lasers and flashlights.

_UP is the aiming ladder for the AG36.

The _F is flashlight the one without the _F is laser. They did this to allow people to have lasers and flashlights.

_UP is the aiming ladder for the AG36.

Thanks for the reply. Isn't it possible to open and close the aiming ladder? I'm sure I remember there being a button last time I tried ACE that let you flip it up and down. but now I can't find it.

Also can anyone tell me if tracer rounds have any gameplay effect beyond the visuals in ACE? Does it make the AI find you quicker, do they have a lower muzzle velocity, do less damage, anything like that?

I haven't noticed anything, all I use is tracers. :p

I doubt that tracers behave any differently, because if you gave them special properties, it would apply to all the unlit rounds in the magazine.

I doubt that tracers behave any differently, because if you gave them special properties, it would apply to all the unlit rounds in the magazine.

There are no unlit rounds in the magazine, it's a magazine full of tracers.

Thanks for the reply. Isn't it possible to open and close the aiming ladder? I'm sure I remember there being a button last time I tried ACE that let you flip it up and down. but now I can't find it.

Also can anyone tell me if tracer rounds have any gameplay effect beyond the visuals in ACE? Does it make the AI find you quicker, do they have a lower muzzle velocity, do less damage, anything like that?

i'm assuming the 'aiming ladder' is the leaf sight on the grenade launcher. flip them up/down with default key of 'shift+2'. hope this helps.

Hello guys.

I m trying (for a trigger condition) to get the "Unconcious" as lifeState of a unit (using ACE) but..

even the unit is practically "unconscious" i m still getting the "Alive" status. :confused:

P.S. i m already of course using ACE_wounding module