Ok, it appears to be my issue week. I post it in here, cause its an ACE weapon. As u can see in the vid, i got strange muzzleflash bug, does anybody know what could cause this? I tested with and without addons, no success yet

PZwQB1UOkDE&feature=youtu.be

I've seen that in Bulldozer, but never in game. Strange.

I'm sorry for asking here instead of the bug tracker, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having a bug with the Jerry Cans being over 120,000kg and having no icon when in the weapon box? I want to make sure it isn't just me that is having the problem and it being on my end.

I'm sorry for asking here instead of the bug tracker, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having a bug with the Jerry Cans being over 120,000kg and having no icon when in the weapon box? I want to make sure it isn't just me that is having the problem and it being on my end.
They are deprecated yep, though as backwards compatibility you should still be able to convert them to real jerrycans. You can drag and cargo jerrycans just like any other objects like weapon boxes, etc :)

One of my Betatesters for the Missilebox encountered the following problem while testing with ACE:

I have a AH-1Z APKWS with laserguided Hydra70 Rockets and a Gunner controlled Laserdesignator for self- and buddylasing capabilities. It works flawless with Vanilla A2 but fails when ACE is active. Hydra70 APKWS can't lock to the lasertarget anymore. No lock, no visual appereance of the lock square nor any guidance for the rockets.

The config for the rockets looks like this:

class R_Hydra_HE_laser: R_Hydra_HE {
       maxSpeed = 446;
       maxControlRange = 8000;
       thrustTime = 1.1;
       thrust = 570;
       maneuvrability = 10;
       weaponLockSystem = 16 +  4;
       irLock = false;
       laserLock = true;
       nvLock = true;
   };

Myke;2110064']One of my Betatesters for the Missilebox encountered the following problem while testing with ACE:

I have a AH-1Z APKWS with laserguided Hydra70 Rockets and a Gunner controlled Laserdesignator for self- and buddylasing capabilities. It works flawless with Vanilla A2 but fails when ACE is active. Hydra70 APKWS can't lock to the lasertarget anymore. No lock' date=' no visual appereance of the lock square nor any guidance for the rockets.

The config for the rockets looks like this:

class R_Hydra_HE_laser: R_Hydra_HE {
       maxSpeed = 446;
       maxControlRange = 8000;
       thrustTime = 1.1;
       thrust = 570;
       maneuvrability = 10;
       weaponLockSystem = 16 +  4;
       irLock = false;
       laserLock = true;
       nvLock = true;
   };

[/quote']

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/28863#note-1

Thanks Sickboy but it seems i can't reply there although i'm logged in, so i reply here instead.

About RPT: will see to get one as b00ce encountered the issue while betatesting the Missilebox together with ACE. I don't use/have ACE so i can't countercheck it but i'm quite sure it isn't a PEBKAC problem. ;) I will tell him to provide a RPT as requested.

I do not think this issue is related to the CfgAmmo class, perhaps the Weapon class?

Hmmm....lock abilities is defined in cfgAmmo, so i don't see what the cfgWeapons could do there. Anyway, that's the respective config part:

class FRL_FFARLauncher_laser: FFARLauncher {
       displayName = "Hydra 70 APKWS";
       sound[]={\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\Javelin1,db30,1};
       soundFly[]={\ca\Weapons\Data\Sound\rocket_fly1,db28,0.8};
       magazines[] = {
           "FRL_14Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_28Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_38Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_42Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_56Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_76Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_114Rnd_HYDRA70_laser",
           "FRL_152Rnd_HYDRA70_laser"
       };
   };

BTW, unrelated to the issue, why does "R_Hydra_HE_laser" not have a tag, like "FRL_R_Hydra_HE_laser"? The class doesn't exist currently in vanilla game.

Good question, next question, please. To be honest, i don't know. But good point, will "fix" that for the final release. As said, it is in stage of betatesting prior to release.

Myke;2110082']Thanks Sickboy but it seems i can't reply there although i'm logged in' date=' so i reply here instead.[/quote']Apologies, resolved!
About RPT: will see to get one as b00ce encountered the issue while betatesting the Missilebox together with ACE. I don't use/have ACE so i can't countercheck it but i'm quite sure it isn't a PEBKAC problem. ;) I will tell him to provide a RPT as requested.
Thanks, the RPT sometimes gives valuable information that is not immediately apparent without RPT.
Hmmm....lock abilities is defined in cfgAmmo, so i don't see what the cfgWeapons could do there. Anyway, that's the respective config part:
Thanks, well I am only suspecting other variables to play a role because I do not see how the changes between ACE and vanilla in the Ammo config could have an impact, if I look at the DIFF linked in the ticket, and also considering you have set all the necessary/related properties in your custom class anyway.

What about laser? Is there a separate laserdesignator weapon on the vehicle?

Good question, next question, please. To be honest, i don't know. But good point, will "fix" that for the final release. As said, it is in stage of betatesting prior to release.
Great.

What about laser? Is there a separate laserdesignator weapon on the vehicle?

The laser is scripted and not a weapon per definitionem.

FRL_laserMarkerOn = {
       _vehicle = _this;
       _vehicle vehicleChat "LaserDesignator On";
       _vehicle setVariable ["FRL_laserIsOn", true];
       _target = "LaserTargetW" createVehicle [0,0,0];
       while {(alive _vehicle)&&(isplayer(gunner _vehicle))&&(cameraView == "GUNNER")&&(_vehicle getVariable "FRL_laserIsOn")} do {
           _wpos = screenToWorld [0.5,0.5];
           _target setPos _wpos;
       };
       deleteVehicle _target;
       _vehicle setVariable ["FRL_laserIsOn", false];
       _vehicle vehicleChat "LaserDesignator Off";
   };

Thanks. Is there some way I can obtain the test version? Then I can analyze the different behavior and config properties when running with and without ACE.

I should have some time for that coming weekend.

I don't use/have ACE so i can't countercheck it
You dont need to be interested in a mod to download and enable it for compatibility testing / finding cause of issues.

@CBA is 200 KB, and @ACE 175 MB download. 99% sure you don't need the other modfolders to repro the issue.

I do it all the time :).

Edited by Sickboy

Sickboy, you have PM.

Forgot to mention, Missilebox requires CBA (Extended Eventhandlers only in fact).

Hey guys!

About the sniping system in ACE:

Which is the wind speed for each "Arrow color" (yellow,orange and red) displayed when checking the wind direction?

About the angle of the wind, I know that a "--->" arrow is a 90º full value wind, but what about the other arrow directions? Which other angles and values are possible? (example: 45º arrow = half value wind or 30º arrow = 1/3 value wind). The arrow looks weird when not pointing 90º, making difficult to get the correct angle, and it's hard to hit extreme range shots without a perfect windage adjustment.

Any help is really appreciated. :)

Hello ACE team

I was wondering if any munition in ACE 2 ever disappears after a certain point.

For example, if you fire a tank cannon straight up in the air, will it disappear or return to the ground?

Could you clarify this for me please?

Also, does it work the same way in vanilla ArmA/CO?

Thanks

As always, great work. Can't wait to see what you have in store for ACE 3.

EDIT: Also, which shells, if any, self destruct after a certain time? I know that the Russian rifle grenades used to, but that it was removed.

There is a config value of all the bullets called "timetolive" that determines how much they will last before been deleted, and thats from vainilla, so yes all the bullets will disapear after some time, ones last more( artillery) others less (9mm) but all have this config :P.

But thats not as unrealistic as you may think at first because after that long the bullet won't have enought kinetic energy to cause any damage to any soldier with default gear. So simulate them after that long would be just a wast of CPU/memory.

Other case is as you say that some proyectiles have fuse times, and that are also simulated, for example the rpg would explode after certain time( more or less it travels 500m before do so)

Thanks.

But I was only planning to use rounds such as HE-FRAG.

Do you happen to know how long tank shells last before they vanish?

Or what distance they can travel before they vanish?

If you want to have a precise info on the wind, just use kestrel, thats why it is ingame ;). And about the speeds corresponding each color, everything its on the documentation(howto section):

http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Wind_Deflection

Thanks dude!

But it doesn't show Kestrel and DAGR too(I'm playing the Red Harvest campaign, but I have everything installed,OA,BAF and PMC).

Everytime I try to use the Kestrel, it shows the arrow instead.

I thought that equipment like Kestrel and DAGR were included with ACE.

Anyway, any ideas in how to fix it?

Thanks! :)

If you play a mission which was made in vanilla (without ACE) , there won't be any ACE-items like the kestrel or the DAGR. The wind itsself is always active, if you play with ACE.

Anyway, you sound like a potential sniper or spotter, so for a perfect shot, you need to calculate the trigonometry of the wind on the fly. Fortunately, there are only 30°-steps for the wind, so its easy: You multiply the kestrel-crosswind with 0,5 or 0,87.

Too easy, so I hope there will be two more variables in ArmA 3: Temperature and atmospheric pressure. Mh, what do you guys think? :D

If you play a mission which was made in vanilla (without ACE) , there won't be any ACE-items like the kestrel or the DAGR. The wind itsself is always active, if you play with ACE.

Anyway, you sound like a potential sniper or spotter, so for a perfect shot, you need to calculate the trigonometry of the wind on the fly. Fortunately, there are only 30°-steps for the wind, so its easy: You multiply the kestrel-crosswind with 0,5 or 0,87.

Too easy, so I hope there will be two more variables in ArmA 3: Temperature and atmospheric pressure. Mh, what do you guys think? :D

Thanks for the info!

I'll download some sniper missions made especially for ACE to be able to use all the items.

It's a great idea to add more variables in ArmA 3, and would be nice to see air humidity and "cold/hot bore shots" too (when firing a few shots in sequence, the barrel heats up, moving up the point of impact of follow-up shots).

"cold/hot bore shots" are only an issue for non free floating barrels. There is no such thing as POI shift with good rifles. It's the shooter that is "cold" as in not relaxed.

@Odium: first of all, the wind changes must be toned down dramatically. The number of changes per minute is ridiculous. In a storm I can live with gusts, but not on a bright, sunny day.

Factors to consider for long range shots I experienced myself: Temperature, powder temperature, wind, humidity, barometric pressure, (density altitude), spin drift and coriolis effect by latitude/azimuth.

And because of all the factors and my poor math, I use a ballistic calculator for my shots, reading my Kestrel data via bluetooth.

A feature I'd really like to see is mirage, not just for the environment, but also for heated up barrels. When using a scope, you will see the mirage from your barrel. That would stop those pseudo- "snipers" from M107 spamming.

just checking if anyone else has this problem

Ai not turning on flashlights when ordered

however players flashlight working

anyone know if somewhere you can change the current configuration of the weight of each soldier? with 18 kg, the soldier runs 100 meters and falls to the ground, unable to take aim at anything.

any way to change it to what it was in previous versions?

thanks

anyone know if somewhere you can change the current configuration of the weight of each soldier? with 18 kg, the soldier runs 100 meters and falls to the ground, unable to take aim at anything.

any way to change it to what it was in previous versions?

thanks

Sounds like a bug, feel free to provide repro steps, details and rpt at http://wiki.ace-mod.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Of course make sure you are running the latest version.